Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 01:30 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times

Advertisements

What is this? "Pistols at dawn old chap" You can dish it out but can't take it Greatday. No we do not agree with you and yes we have our own ideas on healthcare. If you want to call me dishonest-- hey knock yourself out. I think you believe that you are giving us the benefit of your knowledge about health care. Well your knowledge only extends to private insurance. When it comes to UHI you are floundering but refuse to see it. Tristansmommy has put forward some great ideas and facts yet you treat her like she doesn't know what she's talking about. That is rude. This is pointless as you are trying to turn a sensible debate into a fight for freedom campaign. ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Old 02-04-2008, 01:31 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Your plan falls horribly horribly shy of doing ANY of that..as again it's full of so many holes!!!

You cannot state that as, the entire "plan" has not been developed - and, I have told you that - again, and again, and again, and again.

And, neither has "Your" Plan which claim to be so perfect -

Please - take a Paxil - calm down - cool off - think a little about what you are doing and saying. You are getting all worked up over [SIZE=3]HYPOTHECIALS - do you understand that??[/SIZE]

Old 02-04-2008, 01:32 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,009,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Tara-- I think the guy is "winding us up" Money isn't everything unless you haven't got it. Fortunately i do well here and could afford to pay high premiums all day and night but that isn't the issue here. I just payed for my cousin to have Plastic surgery, a abdomoplasty and boob job. i paid cash for her surgery, BIG DEAL! The point of this whole argument is that EVERYONE should be able to get good health care in the USA. This should be done without causing hardship and pain to anyone. I do not think That Greatday will ever see this and he goes around in circles. I cannot understand how a Intelligent man such as greatday cannot see further than his wallet? You know how tough it is to survive tristansmommy and you understand more than most what is really needed.
Thank you soo much for that.. and thank you for giving me hope to know that not all the "haves" are as short sighted as GreatDay. That gives me hope for my country yet!!

I really need to stop giong back and forth back and forth on this.. it's just that I'm so passionate about it. NOTHING GreatDay has said has made me think twice about things.. but actually the more he talks the more my points are strengthened

Great things take time.. and so UHI will take time..
Another of my hope is that he is 60.. I am 33! I think his generation will be gone and all that holding on to the "way it was" will also fade..the new generation will come in and FINALLY get something done!

Thank you for starting this thread and for your posts.. they are wonderful!

Old 02-04-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
What is this? "Pistols at dawn old chap" You can dish it out but can't take it Greatday. No we do not agree with you and yes we have our own ideas on healthcare. If you want to call me dishonest-- hey knock yourself out. I think you believe that you are giving us the benefit of your knowledge about health care. Wel your knowledge only extends to private insurance. When it comes to UHI you are floundering but refuse to see it. Tritansmommy has put forward some great ideas and facts yet you treat her like she doesn't know what she's talking about. That is rude. This is pointless as you are trying to turn a sensible debate into a fight for freedom campaign. ZZZZZZZZZZZ
No - my knowledge extends to the various systems in other countries - and, I certainly understand "our" system far better than you

BTW - how would you propose the US Government purchase all the private hospitals and clinics in the US to put them under a UHC system?

Old 02-04-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You cannot state that as, the entire "plan" has not been developed - and, I have told you that - again, and again, and again, and again.

And, neither has "Your" Plan which claim to be so perfect -

Please - take a Paxil - calm down - cool off - think a little about what you are doing and saying. You are getting all worked up over [SIZE=3]HYPOTHECIALS - do you understand that??[/SIZE]

hmm.. you are getting more and more ridiculous..
Yes.. duh.. it doesn't exist here..

BUT it ISN"T Hypothetical.. actually YOUR "plan" is more hypothetical than ANYTHING I have said.. WHY? Because the ideas I've put forth are ALREADY IN EXISTANCE AND WORKING ELSEWHERE IN THE WORLD.... That right there proves my "hypothetical" plan is not so hypothetical..

LOL..

Old 02-04-2008, 01:37 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,540 times
Ever heard of -- wait for it Greatday--- BUILDING HOSPITALS!!!!!!!! The revenue collected would enable new Hospitals to be built. In fact new hospitals are built here all the time. PITY they are designed by idiots. But they are built with public money-- no probs.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
hmm.. you are getting more and more ridiculous..
Yes.. duh.. it doesn't exist here..

BUT it ISN"T Hypothetical.. actually YOUR "plan" is more hypothetical than ANYTHING I have said.. WHY? Because the ideas I've put forth are ALREADY IN EXISTANCE AND WORKING ELSEWHERE IN THE WORLD.... .
Lady - it is hypothetical in the US fore, there is no nation on earth - NONE, NADA, ZILCH that has a UHC/UHI to cover over 300 MILLION PEOPLE

Chill out and think

Old 02-04-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Ever heard of -- wait for it Greatday--- BUILDING HOSPITALS!!!!!!!! The revenue collected would enable new Hospitals to be built. In fact new hospitals are built here all the time. PITY they are designed by idiots. But they are built with public money-- no probs.
Really? Build? When there are 1000's of existing hospitals - many brand new - state of the art?

Yep - sounds like a typical, and wasteful government program

Oh, and, how long do you think it would take to build all these hospitals, throughout the US to take care of over 300 Million people?

Old 02-04-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
You know - you are obviously unable to recognize that while someone agrees conceptually with you, that they may have a different idea how to accomplish the same thing

Also, you are railing because someone does not fall lockstep into agreement with you - if you are that closed minded then, I'm afraid our discussion is for naught.

I am NOT railing because you don't agree.. I'm railing because your "plan" does not address ANY OF THE MAJOR ISSUES I HAVE BROUGHT UP IN THIS BOARD". .I puncheds some SERIOUS holes in your "so called plan" !!! GAPING HOLES.. that solve NOTHING..

That's NOT a solution AT ALL!! It's just another layer of BS!! PERIOD!! THAT's what gets me so angry. .You've laid out the outline for your so called "plan" and NONE of it RESOLVES THE REAL ISSUES!! NONE!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Lady - it is hypothetical in the US fore, there is no nation on earth - NONE, NADA, ZILCH that has a UHC/UHI to cover over 300 MILLION PEOPLE

Chill out and think
YOU really need to think.. if it can work for 30 millin it can work for 300 million.. probably better because the "pool" is so much greater.. the 'pools' you seem to refer to all the time. DUH..

MOre people, equals more money, equals more spread out burden, equals lower costs to all with greater funds to provide EVERYTHING we all need..

Not rocket science!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies