Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 06:44 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I have a minor in history. My favorite history clssses were Middle Eastern history and Vietnamese History.

Of course, nothing bad ever happened in the past in the Middle East or in Vietnam, right? Only Western white-dominated civilizations had negative historical events. /heavy sarcasm

Old 11-21-2015, 06:58 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Better be careful, you sound a little "weightcist" with that post.......

Could be grounds for further litigation.

I'm reasonably certain that her "trauma" is leading up to something we will all hear more about in the coming weeks and months.

Anybody can manufacture a story line about racism, poverty, or some other perceived offense perpetrated upon them and get press coverage, fame, and money.......because it advances the "progressive" (communist/totalitarian) agenda being pushed today. Useful idiots are having their day in the sun.......before burying themselves and the next two generations in slavery.

CN.......
All the chris christie weight posts by the same libs suddenly get religion???

Old 11-21-2015, 06:59 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,699,840 times
I think some information does infact evoke emotions.

I'm reading Atlas Shrugged soon. I know conservatives love it and will probably eat it up lololol

But why get angry??

I've learned not to let my emotions get the best of me.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:00 AM

3,121 posts, read 2,063,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
I am not going to enter into a debate about how students should react to new information they were not aware of ...
New information. You hit on an important point that has been overlooked. This was new information for her because she has never experienced racism, which contradicts the popular narrative.

We have to look at the way history is taught today. It's heavily biased and designed to make white students apologize for things they didn't do and to make black students begin to feel victimized.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:02 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
New information. You hit on an important point that has been overlooked. This was new information for her because she has never experienced racism, which contradicts the popular narrative.
Exactly. Very astute observation.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:13 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
These BLM/College stories are getting more absurd as each day passes.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:16 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,699,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post

We have to look at the way history is taught today. It's heavily biased and designed to make white students apologize for things they didn't do and to make black students begin to feel victimized.
No it is not.

The US has a history of virulent racism. Maybe some people are just offended by that.

You don't want racism to end. You just want people to stop talking about it.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:20 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
That assumes that American history is more applicable to academia than history in other areas or global history as a whole. It really depends on the area of research involved. Even in America, we research and innovate in areas that are applicable to people who live in other parts of the world. When performing academic research, it's critical to have a well represented sampling. I can't think of any reason as to why American history as a core requirement makes any sense. Allowing the choice of any history class is just as valid... and depending on what areas of research the student wants to partake in, American history might not be the best selection.

I think this is just a demonstration of a much larger problem. We send too many ill-prepared students to college.
The core classes are what every student takes regardless of major.
Makes perfect sense to me.

Not every college student goes into research and usually not at the 4 year degree program.

And in spite of it being a core class there's plenty of folks with college degrees that still have no clue about history.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:27 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
No it is not.

The US has a history of virulent racism. Maybe some people are just offended by that.

You don't want racism to end. You just want people to stop talking about it.
Each of us is built differently when it involves our emotions. Telling folks to have a strong stance for disturbing news, is like telling people not to cry when their mother dies. People are entitled to their opinion about anything here on CD, but we do not have to agree with it nor understand it. We will forever talk about racism and it will never end. In addition; everyone will always have their own opinion and that is great. Remember folks we have different worldviews.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:28 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
I have witnessed a whole room of students falling apart, alongside two professors who are prominent Researchers in the field of Higher Education. It was quite interesting to see how the females responded to a documentary about the fires and bombs that were set upon campuses due to black people attending. The riots incited by whites who did not want blacks on their campuses was atrocious. The class was "Introduction to Higher Education." The white girls cried and apologized and the black girls stormed out the room and one kicked over a chair. The one that kicked over the chair, also slammed the door when she left out and she was from Africa. It was a day I will never forget. Who are we to tell people how to react when they see something that upsets them? I asked one of the Professors what she was going to do about it, and she said that it was an exercise to prepare them for their chosen profession.The males in the classroom remained silent with blank stares on their face. Many students that attend this campus come from households with parents whose average salary is $250,000.
Are you claiming THIS is what this imature women experienced?

From the article,, "“Aya mentioned that even in her most recent art humanities class, the word ‘primitive’ was used five times to describe Congolese art"

Oh mu gosh, the word "primitive" is so deviating to me I can't stand it.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/11/student-t...oIvEVXwv8Yo.99
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies