Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 01:33 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are not advised to judge all gun owners. You are advised to judge a gun as a weapon,created for the sole purpose of ending the life of a living creature.
Like abortion? Except the main reason fora gun is self protection.

Quote:
This is actually a question you should be asking conservatives since you are the "Fiscal conservatives" and are the ones making that claim.
Conservatives are fiscally conservative. Republicans are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 01:38 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
There you guys go again lumping ALL liberals together ... isn't the point of the thread to show groups shouldn't be lumped together?

1. I am a 'Liberal" and I don't l stereotype ANY group based on a few wackos, but the right seems to do it a lot.
lmao You just did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
2. The only ones that seem to talk about SS going broke are Right Wingers wishing to cut it, *hint* SS isn't any where near going "broke"..
When it gets to the point that you pay out more than you take it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see whats happening. The age needs to be raised.

Old 11-27-2015, 02:57 AM

21,876 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
1) We are advised to not judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun-owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

2) Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money. How come we never hear about welfare running out of money? What's interesting is the first group worked for their money, but the second didn't.

Funny how that works.
1) I am a gun owner, so maybe not the best liberal to ask about that.

2) Social Security is welfare. And no, it's not as simple as the people worked for their money. Boomers are really the first generation that did that/will do that. Previous generations spent a lot of years paying for a much less comprehensive (and much cheaper) program than they're currently benefiting from. For example, when my grandma entered the workforce the total FICA tax rate was 2% rather than the 15.3/16.2% rate it is today. Even ignoring the fact that benefits will need to be cut by 23% before I retire, people in my grandma's generation got better benefits than Boomers or my generation would even ignoring the 23% cut while paying much lower taxes for the greater benefits. Even among Boomers who are the first generation who spent the majority of their working life paying in, it's not that simple as the benefits aren't straight line based on income.

Someone making $10,000/yr gets $506/mo in benefits.
Someone making $100,000/yr does not get $5,060 in benefits.

The person who paid taxes on $100,000/yr gets less than they paid for so that the person who made $10,000/yr can get much more in benefits than they paid for. Collectively, the program is supposed to be paid for by payroll taxes but it's regressive as is. When the 23% cuts/taxes increases get made, they won't really touch the welfare benefits for those that paid in on $10,000/yr incomes. The cuts will come from the other end.

Last edited by Malloric; 11-27-2015 at 03:11 AM..

Old 11-27-2015, 03:08 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
#1 is flawed because I don't accept the premise that the 'Islamic' terrorists are indeed Muslims.

Sure they talk the talk but do they walk the walk?

Didn't the 9/11 hijackers debauch themselves in bars and strip clubs? A jihadist who can't overcome his own sin is a fraud and perhaps they protest too much through their extreme actions.

Same with the ISIS rapists.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:00 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
You are not advised to judge all gun owners. You are advised to judge a gun as a weapon,created for the sole purpose of ending the life of a living creature.

This is actually a question you should be asking conservatives since you are the "Fiscal conservatives" and are the ones making that claim.
1. Sole purpose of a firearm is to propel a projectile at high velocities.

2. Liberals like people on the dole as it makes them subservient to them.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:46 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Default The Myth of "Peaceful Muslims" -from a Muslim

https://youtu.be/KXGE2eBUdlQ

Old 11-27-2015, 06:49 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Thanks for posting this again. This time I got to bookmark before the eventual deletion of this thread because the truth is deemed offensive here...it seems.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:52 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well except for the part where she is a christian, not a Muslim. And a extremely rabid Christian at that.

She used to be a muslim.
Also of note, re-posting a deleted thread can result in mod action. I'm not going to report it as I dont see why it was deleted, but you should keep that in mind.

Last edited by greywar; 11-27-2015 at 07:01 AM..

Old 11-27-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Thanks for posting this again. This time I got to bookmark before the eventual deletion of this thread because the truth is deemed offensive here...it seems.
I chose a poor title. It was a red flag. But the video is more about Jihad and what it means, and Sharia Law.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Well except for the part where she is a christian, not a Muslim. And a extremely rabid Christian at that.

She used to be a muslim.
Also of note, re-posting a deleted thread can result in mod action. I'm not going to report it as I dont see why it was deleted, but you should keep that in mind.
She was raised a Muslim. I must have missed the part where she said she was a Christian, and a "rabid Christian at that." What is a "rabid Christian?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies