Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 12:15 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,480,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
President Obama is putting the interests of America first, of course he is.

Unlike right-wingers, Obama is not bowing down in fear of ISIS.
I didn't read your line by line rebuttal especially posted in blue font. If you wish to address the entire post in context then I will respond to it. However will indulge you on this part.

I disagree with you that Obama puts America's interests first. Nothing that he has done over the last 7 years demonstrates this. His priorities the interests of political hacks, banksters, wall streeters, war mongers and special interests. He wants the middle class to pay the price. The results today speak for themselves.

I never said that Obama bows down in fear of ISIS. I said that people are afraid of his policies towards the Middle East, and Obama has done nothing to address these fears. Big difference.

Finally "Right winger" is a mythical bogyman that you can then generalize against with all sorts of nonsense. If you wish to say something specific then please do. Otherwise it only means you can't address what was said with logic & fact.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:16 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,617,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obombus is bowing down in his talk. He says not to make the terrorists mad.
Don't upset them by rejecting the refugees. This guy is a sell out and afraid of them to where he has to sugar coat his talk toward the Islamic terrorists.
Obama is a wimp.
Reference, please? A quote? Anything?

Old 11-22-2015, 12:17 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,963,919 times
The progressive left succumbs to fear every waking moment on key tenets of the Bill of Rights.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:19 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times
He's wrong, unfortunately.

Americans are the biggest fearmongers in the world hands down.

Problem is, they're scared of the wrong things.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:19 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,297,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
No like that at all.
  • Winston Churchill said this when he was fighting a real war to destroy the enemy.
  • WC didn't invite the Nazi to come live in GB. He wanted them dead.
  • WC was remembered as a great leader. You just proved it.
In Contrast
  • Obama fights "nice war" against enemy. Rest of world laughs at him
  • Obama wants to kiss them, bring them to USA, give them papers and pretend this is OK. This is what scares people.
  • Obama will only be remembered for being the first mulatto president. 50 years from people will have to look him up to know who he is.
Thank you for the reference. Shows difference between Obama & real leadership. Winston Churchill was a real leader who put the interests of the country first.
You are confusing our enemies(ISIS) with their victims(refugees).

Obama's "nice" war has resulted in thousands and thousands dead. This however is a different sort of enemy, the more brutal and inaccurate we are, the stronger they get. Up to a point. The problem is if Obama used sufficient force to actually destroy ISIS the world would demand his head for war crimes. The rest of the world isn't laughing at him, actually he is quite popular. Thats reality. This is a different type of war then we have ever fought. Its messy, its unclear sometimes who the real enemy is, and the sides involved are often in disagreement over who the enemy is.

Its one giant mess.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:46 PM

23,409 posts, read 17,092,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
So great to have an intelligent person at the helm in President Barack Obama. He so accurately characterizes ISIS for the regional band of imbeciles that they are. No telling what kind of nonsense this country would be submerged in if Bush were still in office.

President Obama: Overcoming Fear 'Most Powerful Tool' to Fight ISIS - ABC News
Want to play what ifs? If GWB was still in office there would be no such organization as ISIS.

Obama is oblivious and thinks human caused global warming is the real threat.

Obama's intelligence is of dubious value in his role as president.

the JV team of imbeciles is eating obama's lunch. Just proves a regional band of imbeciles can trump obama's 'intelligence'. Don't believe me, ask the French, Russian and thousands of Christians that have been beheaded and crucified while Obama intelligently sat by on his hands. Obama walks in the shadow of neville chamberlain and trembles at the sound of FOX news.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:48 PM

1,676 posts, read 941,082 times
I don't believe a word the Surrenderer-in-Chief says.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:22 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,617,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama walks in the shadow of neville chamberlain and trembles at the sound of FOX news.
You are mistaking trembling for Obama's attempt to hold back his laughter at the sound of Fox news.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:31 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,444,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
This old grandma knows the process. If I can find it, anybody should be able to. I suggest that the information is there for anybody to find.
OK.

But I noticed you didn't post a link.

Quote:
In fact, the local newspaper printed it 10 days ago.
Good for your newspaper.

Mine didn't.

Quote:
These folks especially the Dems in Congress, are blaming the administration first for running off at the mouth too much, now not enough.

People need to be spoon fed everything and told how to respond by the nitwits on tv.
People need to be presented with important information. Politicians having that info shouldn't act like it's classified. Come on out and say what it is and how well it's working, since that's what you've been touting as the safe and reliable way to admit refugees from a nation known to harbor many thousands of rabid terrorists who want nothing more than to kill Americans in as large a number as they possibly can.

Here's a link.

It speaks in broad generalities w/o much in terms of specifics. And it doesn't inspire confidence.

Syrian Refugees: Here's How the Screening Process Works

Old 11-22-2015, 01:34 PM

7,302 posts, read 3,381,424 times
Wait...so, speechwriter written generic pablum, that is code for having tolerance for the murderous ideology that the terrorists harbor, is now excellence?

Only in 1984.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies