Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do the police shootings make you feel?
The police are armed and dangerous to civil society 16 10.81%
98% are good cops who do their job with competence. 98 66.22%
Insecure and afraid that I,or my family members, may become a victim. 9 6.08%
We have become a military state with too much power in their hands. 37 25.00%
I am white and I feel safe. 15 10.14%
A good way to reduce poverty and race problems. 5 3.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 06:20 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
When law enforcement stops you for whatever reason dont start with the trash talk,resisting,running and doing things that make you look guilty of something. Some situations I will agree have shocked me how quickly a person has been killed.My complaint still is that the black community goes bonkers over a police officer shooting but still doesnt seem to take issue with the black on black killings and the new methods of shooting down a child to send a message to a drug deal gone bad. When children are no longer safe to be playing outside or sitting watching tv in their own home this is serious yet not hearing the outrage over this. The city I live in have a high crime rate and some out of control criminals yet the police force doesnt come across as hard core and handle many situations with control. Criminals here have a tendency of being younger and,violent. Then you have your druggies and drunks yet the law enforcement knows how to gain control most often with little violence.Do also know your bigger cities are a nightmare with crime and enforcement gets sick of it and can become less tolerant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
are you blaming the victims? do you not think the also want their children to be safe, their sons to come home in one piece?
I think dayton's talking about hood rats playing the fool here, NOT decent people of any race, cops or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 06:24 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
I am only disturbed by them when cops obviously exceed the scope of their authority. For instance, if a suspect has been shot and is incapacitated and absolutely no threat, he should not be shot again. He should not be shot, for instance, for another 15 times. This type of behavior is very disturbing.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:24 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,772 times
I feel the courts should be used not street justice.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:32 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I am only disturbed by them when cops obviously exceed the scope of their authority. For instance, if a suspect has been shot and is incapacitated and absolutely no threat, he should not be shot again. He should not be shot, for instance, for another 15 times. This type of behavior is very disturbing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
I feel the courts should be used not street justice.
Agreed.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:43 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:46 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I didn't vote, since I don't really like any of the choices - I think most cops are competent, but it bothers me - *a lot* - when the bad actors get away with their behavior.

Something that I think may be having an affect on police behavior is that since 9/11, the military has gotten involved in training cops.

I think this is a very bad idea. I understand why a soldier is taught to treat anyone acting in specific ways as a potential enemy soldier, but I don't think it's a good idea for a police officer to take this same view.

This

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
I think we all should feel disturbed when the police are involved in a shooting. I can't imagine being in their position. In my area it isn't a bad gig, everyone seems to get along and crime is low. Normally a violent drunk, wife beater, drugs or a DUI is the excitement. That said less than 40 miles away there is very real crime. I wouldn't want to be a cop in Baltimore, Atlanta, LA, Chicago, or any other big city. Those places gang violence is a reality. Cops are called into very dangerous areas. Places that even the anti-cop types wouldn't go if they had a choice, especially after dark.
Bad cops have put a hurt on the image of all cops. As much as I detest the FED meddling in state and local business, I think it's time we change how cop shootings are investigated. If a non-biased org investigates the shootings it would take away the doubt. By non-biased I mean you keep the Al Sharpton types out of it too.

1,519 posts, read 1,772,773 times
Do you notice that in almost every incident of a police shooting of a black the black was either armed or up to something no good. What would you do? How would you like to be policing a black neighborhood in Baltimore or some city. You would get a different view of things.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:53 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
When this kind of horrendous brutality is carried out on African Americans, (young, old, poor, rich, men women, children) no matter where one lives , it affects all our lives. We no longer live in a free society.

Do you feel the same indifference to the attack in Paris?
I'm just telling you police shootings aren't on my radar screen because I don't live in a big city just like the news media doesn't give a rat's butt about issues that bother us in rural and suburban America which is why the people in big cities think our issues and ideas are alien to them. Can't see it from their house.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:20 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,658 times
Quote:
are you blaming the victims? do you not think the also want their children to be safe, their sons to come home in one piece?
Are you trying to tell me that they are less concerned about their sons coming home in one piece if a black kills them. Your kidding right? No wonder these communitys have these problems if your serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies