Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 08:32 PM

2 posts, read 898 times

Advertisements

Bottom line, Obama Needs America unarmed and would do Anything to make that happen!, and Hillary will be the Same way! ....I can't understand How she is running for president anyway!! She's committed More crime against the People, the whitehouse and the democracy as a whole, than "anyone" in History and never had hand cuffs on. Obama or Hillary would Have to kill me, and then they wouldn't get all my guns! I can Not stand those two people and would do Anything to get rid of Both of them!! Just my 2 pennies worth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2015, 08:37 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
No Riders on any Bill on anything before Congress I say.

Let them be honest and work for each consideration.
Riders are akin to taking prisoners.

Old 11-26-2015, 09:24 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
No Riders on any Bill on anything before Congress I say.

Let them be honest and work for each consideration.
Riders are akin to taking prisoners.
Fat chance of getting any Republican to agree with no riders, you definitely wouldn't get a majority support in Congress, unless they were able to rename riders so they can claim to no longer allow them.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:06 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
If we are worried about them committing terrorist acts, why do we want them here?
The term "terrorist" here is being used for US citizens that the US government has determined might have the potential to commit such acts. They have been convicted of nothing and appear on this list merely because of suspicions. Not sure what the count is now but at one point after 9/11 it included millions of names. It's a very broad list.

As mentioned this is simply a back door measure to try and circumvent the second amendment. It has a snowball's chance in hell of passing and if it were to pass it would probably be outright rejected by SCOTUS. You can't take someone's rights away based merely on suspicions.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:33 AM

18,159 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
I've been reloading for years. Both black powder and smokeless powder can usually be found for sale at most gun shows. Black powder does go boom, and smokeless will go boom when confined in the proper container.
Yes. But gasoline is easier to weaponize and ANFO is easy to make and more bang for the buck. The gun show statement is just fear mongering sensationalism. Trying to make gun shows sound like a black market arms bazaar in some third world dungheap.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:33 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
I'm sure they're referring to reloading supplies; i.e. gunpowder.
Tannerite

Old 11-27-2015, 07:30 AM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.lesman View Post
Bottom line, Obama Needs America unarmed and would do Anything to make that happen!, and Hillary will be the Same way! ....I can't understand How she is running for president anyway!! She's committed More crime against the People, the whitehouse and the democracy as a whole, than "anyone" in History and never had hand cuffs on. Obama or Hillary would Have to kill me, and then they wouldn't get all my guns! I can Not stand those two people and would do Anything to get rid of Both of them!! Just my 2 pennies worth
We've been hearing this for 7 years and nothing has happened, if he is coming for your guns he only has 1 year to pass legislation and remove the 50 trillion guns we have in the US, he better get going.

Maybe he will do away with the 2nd amendment by executive order

Old 11-27-2015, 07:49 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
I'm sure they're referring to reloading supplies; i.e. gunpowder.
don't be so sure!

The words may look simple but toss a lawyer into the mix you never know what you might get as an interpretation..... we have to pass it to find out what is in it is a legal mantra chanted before any new legislation is passed.

the definition of 'assault weapons' makes no sense as like firearms are legal

Diane DeGette from CO headed the committe to restrict firearms, etc. She had noidea what a 'magazine' was.

"DeGette made these comments at a gun violence forum in Denver on Tuesday, saying, “These are ammunition, they are bullets, so the people who have those now, they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”"

Then we have anti gun Democrat Yee who sold SAMs , explosives and grenades as well as automatic weapons. Who needs a gun show when you have a Democrat looking to makesome cash on the side.

"State Sen. Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) was charged Wednesday with conspiring to commit wire fraud and traffic firearms, part of a sweeping public corruption case outlined by federal prosecutors.

The charges sent shock waves through the San Francisco and Sacramento political establishments, as FBI agents searched Yee's Capitol office. Last year the FBI raided the offices of Sen. Ron Calderon (D-Montebello), who was targeted in a bribery sting.
In all, 26 people, including former school board president Keith Jackson, were indicted on charges related to an extensive crime ring headed by well-known Chinatown figure Raymond Chow, who was also arrested and charged Wednesday.

The indictment alleges Yee and Jackson defrauded "citizens of honest services" and were involved in a scheme to traffic firearms in exchange for thousands in campaign donations to the senator."

Old 11-27-2015, 08:00 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Of course everybody in this country should have the right to purchase a gun, it's the American way, says so in the 2nd amendment.

The 2nd Amendment does not discriminate, if you want a gun you can have one terrorist, nut job, Republican or free thinker.

Damn Liberals want to keep guns out of the hands of possible terrorists, what the hell are they thinking?

Old 11-27-2015, 08:10 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
It's an effort to slow or kill the bill because convervatives will not vote for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies