Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2015, 10:51 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You don't get it. It's about police brutality going unchecked. Instead of going to their own localities and getting involved with those in charge BLM instead seeks pubilicity by going to people and places that have no authority over police brutality.
wasnt this protest at the police station ?????

Old 11-25-2015, 10:52 PM

398 posts, read 394,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
The forty acres and a mule wasn't promised to you...
How do you know what my people were promised? And when were YOU were promised 40 acres and a mule?

So what your basically saying is that you have no rebuttal? Didn't think so...

Old 11-25-2015, 10:54 PM

Oh it's Canadian? That explains everything..

Old 11-25-2015, 10:57 PM

906 posts, read 712,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelsTX View Post
So knowing that Africa is a giant crap hole, shouldn't you be somewhat grateful for slavery? If it wasn't for slavery, you would be in Africa right now as opposed to the greatest country in existence for black people.

Sure it was terrible for those involved but did you not benefit immensely from it?
You're making assumptions...my ancestors were never slaves. In that way, you're right...I really have no place to comment on slavery, it really hasn't had any effect on my own family line...I have not benefited nor have I been costed by actual slavery. I comment as an outsider. I have more a place to comment on colonialism, but not direct slavery.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
How do you know what my people were promised? And when were YOU were promised 40 acres and a mule?

So what your basically saying is that you have no rebuttal? Didn't think so...
The 40 acres and a mule was an actual promise made to American slaves and is the justification behind reparations. It has nothing to do with African people...It just shows your ignorance on the topic. I don't know what your people were promised..but I know what they weren't. You think the call for reparations from Black Americans was just pulled from thin air? No, there were actual reasons for it...go do some reading on it if you care to (or don't, because, it really doesn't matter..)

Old 11-25-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
The 40 acres and a mule was an actual promise made to American slaves and is the justification behind reparations. It has nothing to do with African people...It just shows your ignorance on the topic.
LOL. I'm clearly aware of that. BTW that's rich coming from someone who just found out about modern African slavery but I digress.

You made this statement after I talked about your African roots;
Quote:
The forty acres and a mule wasn't promised to you...
Your tone throughout this thread, followed by that statement implies.....

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-26-2015 at 03:25 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 11-25-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You don't get it. It's about police brutality going unchecked. Instead of going to their own localities and getting involved with those in charge BLM instead seeks pubilicity by going to people and places that have no authority over police brutality.
That's just one aspect of it. In any case, it's a movement that can easily be fashioned to be one of self accountability amongst Black Americans, something that White Americans are constantly calling for...yet they rather think it's a direct attack on them. Black lives don't matter by certain metrics and whether it be by Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, or Asians...it shouldn't be the case.

Last edited by gumisgood; 11-25-2015 at 11:27 PM..

Old 11-25-2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:
LOL. I'm clearly aware of that. BTW that's rich coming from someone who just found out about modern African slavery but I digress.

You made this statement after I talked about your African roots;

Your tone throughout this thread, followed by that statement implies.....
Implies....? No, your assumption about me turned out to be false. I didn't imply anything, you assumed something about me that wasn't true. I knew of African slavery but I wanted to know how American's talked about it. I asked for a source because I was interested in the actual source. Not out of ignorance...

In any case, how could I not know about that?

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-26-2015 at 03:26 AM..

Old 11-25-2015, 11:34 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
I bet I get it better than you think...
No you don't. Otherwise you would have refuted my statement with something of substance.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:35 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
wasnt this protest at the police station ?????
I wasn't referring to this incident. I was referring to all the times they went to disrupt Presidential candidates speeches as well a other times that they didn't address those responsible. Disrupting restaurants and libraries also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies