Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2015, 11:41 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
That's just one aspect of it. In any case, it's a movement that can easily be fashioned to be one of self accountability amongst Black Americans, something that White Americans are constantly calling for...yet they rather think it's a direct attack on them. Black lives don't matter by certain metrics and whether it be by Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, or Asians...it shouldn't be the case.
I don't get why you say self accountability? Self accountability because the victims should have obeyed the police? The issue is about unchecked police brutality.
I haven't seen where whites say it's a direct attack on whites.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:41 PM

906 posts, read 712,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No you don't. Otherwise you would have refuted my statement with something of substance.
You're requesting I do something I did back in 2013...black lives matter isn't even that old.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:42 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
You're requesting I do something I did back in 2013...black lives matter isn't even that old.
2013??? Where in the world did you get that from?

Old 11-25-2015, 11:59 PM

Quote:
I don't get why you say self accountability? Self accountability because the victims should have obeyed the police? The issue is about unchecked police brutality.
I haven't seen where whites say it's a direct attack on whites.
Then why is it characterized as tiresome? Like it has anything to do with them? I really don't want to go over talking points I first formulated back in 2013...sigh..

The police brutality wasn't even the main issue back when it first started...in fact, now that I think about it, I think the central issue was "the high incarceration rates of black youth". This was back in 2012. I mean, the idea wasn't attached to the hashtag...but the ideas were being talked about way before the hashtag appeared. People were calling for a redress of the judicial system's relationship with minorities long before the hashtag appeared. The idea itself is old and it's why I don't want to go too much into it. That's stuff I was talking about a long time ago...

But you see how "the high incarceration rates of black youth" isn't a race specific criticism? It's a failure in the system...

Old 11-26-2015, 12:54 AM

398 posts, read 394,703 times
Quote:
2013??? Where in the world did you get that from?
It's like he expects you to know everything about him. He just throws out random thoughts like you are reading his mind and should know what he's talking about. It's very strange.

Old 11-26-2015, 12:57 AM

398 posts, read 394,703 times
Quote:
Then why is it characterized as tiresome? Like it has anything to do with them? I really don't want to go over talking points I first formulated back in 2013...sigh..

The police brutality wasn't even the main issue back when it first started...in fact, now that I think about it, I think the central issue was "the high incarceration rates of black youth". This was back in 2012. I mean, the idea wasn't attached to the hashtag...but the ideas were being talked about way before the hashtag appeared. People were calling for a redress of the judicial system's relationship with minorities long before the hashtag appeared. The idea itself is old and it's why I don't want to go too much into it. That's stuff I was talking about a long time ago...

But you see how "the high incarceration rates of black youth" isn't a race specific criticism? It's a failure in the system...
LOL. No we don't see as you haven't explained it whatsoever.

Seriously, all debate aside, you need to see a professional.

Old 11-26-2015, 01:09 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,644 times
Quote:

The time has come.

They can hate it or love it but there will be changes coming to criminal justice system, especially in regards to poor inner city communities throughout the country.

Old 11-26-2015, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelsTX View Post
It's like he expects you to know everything about him. He just throws out random thoughts like you are reading his mind and should know what he's talking about. It's very strange.
I just would have hoped for a more informed audience. Like, why do I have to explain that it is criminal that minorities are incarcerated at higher rates and with harsher sentences? I mean, are people not paying attention? Why do I have to explain that the relationship between minorities and the judicial system is strained at best? It really doesn't matter if you're black or white, for the health of the whole society, it should be readily recognized that the results resulting from the process are unacceptable...it should be obvious that something needs to change. As to which goal posts should be shifted, I do not know. But, it's obvious that as it is right now is not for the best....

But then again, it's not even my battle.

Old 11-26-2015, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelsTX View Post
LOL. No we don't see as you haven't explained it whatsoever.

Seriously, all debate aside, you need to see a professional.
There's really not much to explain, which is why I'm at a loss to even attempt to. The current relationship between minorities and the criminal justice system needs to be fixed. I'm not blaming either side, I'm just saying it needs to get better. When the outcome is as dire as it currently is, simply saying that we need to recognize the poor outcomes of black people in this current state shouldn't be met with resistance.

Or do you deny that there is a problem?

You see, people are saying there is a problem and others are hearing that they are the problem. No one is saying that, people just want the problem solved. It's too many minorities in jail or on the wrong side of the law, do you not agree? And yet people go on about their business like it doesn't matter. That's why the whole "black lives matter" movement came about...to remind people that it is an issue. Not that they are the issue. There's a difference.

Last edited by gumisgood; 11-26-2015 at 01:55 AM..

Old 11-26-2015, 04:23 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Why is blm so offensive to some...black lives do matter! The whole point is that society treats black lives as more expendable. Harsher jail sentences, higher rates of homicide, less chance at upward mobility. BLM is a point that needs to underlined to all people, black people included, black people especially. Black lives matter, black people, so stop killing black people. Whites too. Have some respect for black lives. Thats all its saying..

I mean, are there extremists in the group? Does any group not have extremists?

Why do whites think its about them? Its about society...whites, blacks, asians, latinos too. You don't have to immediately oppose anything that tries to uplift blacks. Whites always going on about how blacks have to take care of their own house and the second a movement like that comes around, they stand opposed.

BLM advocates, Id assume, are largely middle class blacks that want to see the whole race uplifted. Thugs and hoodrats dont care about black lives, or political agendas, or social welfare.
Very good post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies