Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2015, 09:01 PM

6,800 posts, read 14,016,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by politicalPundit View Post
I don't think there is a murder case in the history of the US more cut and dry than this.

But ofc, he has his defenders. It goes to show you people can choose to believe anything despite what their eyes see. Scary really.

The most rational thing I have read in this entire thread. How can anyone defend this cop is beyond me. A officer is obligated to use his weapon when either he or someone else are in danger of being harmed. Someone with a knife 26 yards and walking away from you does not qualify as a threat. The city offered the victims family 5 million dollars without the family even having to file a suit. Then the city does everything in it's power to keep the tapes under wraps. Anyone who thinks this case is justified is a idiot.

Reggie

Old 11-24-2015, 09:04 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,687,365 times
I think it is a sad and unfortunate situation. However, feel police are becoming paranoid with the hostility and backlash towards them.

I think a lot of society is to far gone for things to change. I mean we need to stop illegal drug's in the US that is rampant, fund public school's more so children are not doing illegal or dangerous activities after school, need to make both sides cone together have a stronger community presence, and put a stop towards this political correctness.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:08 PM

26,455 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Enough is enough.
One more kid gunned down by police.
I think it is high time to disarm the police, until such time that they can prove they are responsible with guns.
If you disarm all the police, more people will die - especially inner city blacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
These are Working People, CALGUY. Every progressive knows you don't legislate and social engineer without an enforcement mechanism, "a civilian national security force, that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded" as our military:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s
I am not an Obama fan, he is a pathological liar, but if you look at the full speech he seems to be talking about things like the Peace Corps.

Obama’s ‘National Security Force?’

Old 11-24-2015, 09:18 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,975,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If you disarm all the police, more people will die - especially inner city blacks.

I am not an Obama fan, he is a pathological liar, but if you look at the full speech he seems to be talking about things like the Peace Corps.

Obama’s ‘National Security Force?’
Things like the Peace Corps are described as "a civilian national security force"?

Old 11-24-2015, 09:27 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,941,704 times
Whine-a-palooza

Old 11-24-2015, 09:33 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Good thing it was a "black" teen and most likely not a black cop or you wouldnt give a rats ass
Im guessing you ignored the Baltimore situation?

Old 11-24-2015, 09:41 PM

8,542 posts, read 10,962,618 times
Again I ask, What has happened too innocent until proven guilty by a court of law?
Why do police let themselves become judge, jury, and executioner at the drop of a hat.
Why are all these people being shot, instead of being disabled by the police by means of tasers or bean bags?
Why do the police not let a suspect go through the court system as it should be?
I just don't understand how police get away with not following protocol.

The idea is to arrest suspects when they feel it necessary, and let the courts decide the suspects fate.
This street justice being handed out by many police departments needs to stop, even if it takes the federal government to get involved.

As I said earlier, enough is enough.

Bob.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:19 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The difference is, there isn't a pattern of black cops shooting whites. There is a pattern of the opposite. Agreed. I hope it stays peaceful. I moved out of Chicago in 2004 and am very glad I'm not in the city tonight.
Hmm. The cop in Baltimore, where riots happened, was Black. Police Chief was Black. Mayor was Black. Can't blame that on Whites.

Do you live in a mostly White neighborhood now? I can see why you are glad.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:55 AM

244 posts, read 168,670 times
One of the intresting things I would like to know about a lot of these shootings is the cops prior background .. ex military? I say that because I have a strong feeling there is the issue. Its commonly knowned that police departments drool over hiring recruits with military backgrounds. Maybe they should reconsider that practice and just look for good citzens.

Not to defend this guy but why is he the only one charged here? There was others there too and you mean to tell me they just sat back and allowed this idiot to fire 16 rounds? If i were the family screw the settlement Id sue every one of the other officers there including the command staff.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:11 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
^The policeman's background is irrelevant. Only the facts of the case matter.

But if you insist on going there, then lets bring in the background of the one shot. I'm guessing that if you were to balance the two balance sheets, the policeman easily wins that game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.