Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 01:07 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,221,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelsTX View Post
He clearly is within one lane moving quickly and unpredictably toward an officer.
By toward you mean away from, right?

Old 11-25-2015, 01:15 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,158,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelsTX View Post
That's simply because they haven't not got their way yet.

As soon as something they don't agree with happens, up goes their own neighborhood in flames. Like we care...
I know when I don't get my way, I vandalize my town and burn it to the ground too, such a civilized thing to do..

Old 11-25-2015, 01:19 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,115,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Because this is not the first time this cop has been involved in the excessive use of force against blacks in Chicago, but it is the first time he's going to have to answer for it. And only because the city is being forced to release the video, or else he would walk again, just like he has done on previous occasions.

And because this is the kind of thing that BLM is fighting against. And because this happens again and again and again and typically, the cop walks. Tamir Rice, Michael Brown, Eric Garner...the list goes on and on and on.

Unarmed People of Color Killed by Police, 1999-2014

And in every case, the cop walked.
Michael Brown robbed a convenience store, assaulted an employee, then fought a cop for his gun, and assaulted the cop, and when the cop tried to run after the. 300 pound 6'3"criminal The criminal charged the cop.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:22 PM

1,431 posts, read 911,765 times
So we're still gonna focus on how many times he was shot, but not the PCP? Not walking in the middle of the street impeding traffic? Not visibly carrying a knife? Not a lack of compliance with the officers? Not everything that led up to the actual shooting?

Old 11-25-2015, 01:31 PM

398 posts, read 394,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
So we're still gonna focus on how many times he was shot, but not the PCP? Not walking in the middle of the street impeding traffic? Not visibly carrying a knife? Not a lack of compliance with the officers? Not everything that led up to the actual shooting?
OFCOURSE all of that will be ignored. ONLY 2 facts matter to the self-defeating idiots;
1. he was black
2. the officer was white

Old 11-25-2015, 01:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,151,656 times
Quote:
None of those are valid reasons for a cop to roll up on scene and unload his gun into someone walking away from him. This officer basically murdered someone.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:50 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,469,867 times
Quote:
Well, we certainly don't have all the facts, only a low quality video without sound. The jury will get all the necessary info to make a final decision. Based on the little that we do know, I'd struggle with the question of why he thought 16 shots were necessary? Now if the officer had taken him down with ~3 shots or less, I think he would have been justified and no charges would have ever been filed regardless of whether he lived or died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.