Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 10:39 AM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
THAT is a beautiful and thoughtful analogy.

I've got a family member screaming that we take in Syrian refugees. I offered her the phone number for the State Department where you can offer to take a few into your own home.

She declined.

The typical "we". What "we" usually means is someone else taking on the responsibility while "we" loosely associate with it just enough receive the credit. "We" win many wars this way, but Its really us and them.

Them:

Us :

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 02:30 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
While it is hard to imagine Germans or others living near the concentration camps didn't know what was going on (the stench down wind must have been horrible much less that from burning corpses), many swore up and down to the Americans/Allies otherwise.

Eisenhower and other Allied military made the Germans do more than just walk through the newly liberated concentration camps. Local residents were forced to dig the graves and bury the dead both laying about and rotting along with those the perished in the days after liberation.

It is telling that many Germans living near liberated concentration camps literally fled when word got out. On the one hand suppose innocent or not of knowledge such Germans felt no good was going to come to them either way. In the case of Russian military they were certainly right on that score.
I just want to make this clear. I am not blaming all German citizens. However, they did support a leader who talked about killing millions of people. Their neighbors were taken from their homes, never to be seen again. So, of course, they knew what was happening. Jews were often beaten in the middle of the road. I watched a documentary with actual footage that explained why the camps were built, not only for efficiency, but because of the carnage in some of the towns. Jews were often shot in the head in front of crowds.

However, I lived in SW Florida for over 20 years where many people from Germany vacation or buy 2nd homes. When I lived on Sanibel Island, some of the road signs were in English and German. I never heard any antisemitism. That was the past. It would be like blaming me for slavery, although my ancestors weren't even living in this country. Also, during WWII my father worked in a Federal Prison in PA after he was injured, since he still wanted to do his part. There were many people of German descent living there and they were frightened by the anti-German sentiment spreading throughout the country.

It would take another long topic and a different thread to discuss whether or not private citizens can do much to stop the military. Some people risked their own lives by hiding Jews. However, if that conversation begins, I fear it will turn into a debate about gun rights.

Old 11-28-2015, 06:07 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
you do know FDR locked up plain old white German Americans as well right?
...and you know German Americans fought against the Fatherland like my family blonde blue eyes and all...Hell my uncles B17 probably dropped bombs on some relatives!

Old 11-28-2015, 08:01 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
you do know FDR locked up plain old white German Americans as well right?
Yes, and that's sad, but it was on a much smaller scale. Some Italian Americans were also investigated by the FBI and some were arrested.

Old 11-29-2015, 12:30 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
You know that and I know that and most every one knows that, but the people wishing to prove otherwise will twist it up and use it to recruit and that is common sense knowledge. So now ask, how does terrorism spread?
It spreads thanks to Islam. It doesn't spread because we are "mean to them."

All we can do is kill the terrorists where they gather (e.g., ISIS in Syria and Iraq) and keep Muslims out of this country.

Old 11-29-2015, 12:46 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It spreads thanks to Islam. It doesn't spread because we are "mean to them."

All we can do is kill the terrorists where they gather (e.g., ISIS in Syria and Iraq) and keep Muslims out of this country.
It is a useful recruitment tool. When the recruiter says, look how they treat you, that might be all that it will take to when over new people.

Old 11-29-2015, 12:55 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
It is a useful recruitment tool. When the recruiter says, look how they treat you, that might be all that it will take to when over new people.
Believe me. They would do it anyway. Their religion tells them to.

Old 11-29-2015, 11:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Just think, if they had not disarmed the Jews?

Old 11-29-2015, 12:36 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And yet millions of Muslims live here just fine. Would you be scared to have Kareem Abdul Jabbar as your neighbor? I think it would be pretty cool to have Yusuf Islam as a neighbor.
"Not all X are like that" arguments are not smart, and never have had any basis in correct logic. Group effect and social consequences are what always has and always will count, especially when we are talking about ideology/religion. The net effect of living with Muslims will always be a high degree of religious supremacy, past a specific population breaking point and, in this day and age, terrorism unless we capitulate to their religious and political demands.

Old 11-29-2015, 12:58 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You are right. Just one more, in a long list of conspiracies cooked up by those dastardly, sneaky Jews.

My mistake.
Oh, okay, got it. When political evidence is presented that you demanded but have no comeback to you resort to your easy slander, merely because the evidence exists, rather than own up to anything. That's quite predictable. Consider me slandered, shocked, and oh so concerned. You weren't concerned with the truth but only with defending Jewish Political Groups.

My mistake.

If you want to go on in regard to the World Jewish Congress, Israel, and refugees, as you suggested, I could then highlight the documented incident wherein Danny Danon, then Likud Representative in the Knesset and now Israel's envoy to the U.N., colluded with Australian PM Michael Danby during the World Jewish Congress’s International Conference of Jewish Parliamentarians in Israel to send refugees that Israel did not want to Australia.

http://www.jpost.com/Diplomacy-and-P...s-to-Australia

“The arrival of thousands of Muslim infiltrators to Israeli territory is a clear threat to the state’s Jewish identity,” Danon told The Jerusalem Post.

In other words, two democratically elected Jewish Parliamentarians, of differing political orientations and from different countries, met in Israel under a WJC event designed to bring them together, to collude to export refugees to Australia for the benefit of Israel.

Don't tell me that the WJC has no affiliation with Israeli government. Again, it wouldn't matter if it did not, but now that you brought it up I think that you make an interesting point.

I wonder how the Australian people felt about that incident involving the PM of their sovereign country, assuming that the press was motivated to tell them. I'm sure it did not bother.

This is all just conspiracy, though, right? Someone alert the Jerusalem Post to that fact.

Save your slander for someone who cares, and your willful ignorance for another thread that excludes knowledgeable people.

Last edited by golgi1; 11-29-2015 at 01:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies