Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 09:30 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Obama got over 60% of the Jewish vote.

I just checked my facts and 78% of Jewish voters chose Obama in 2008 and 69% in 2012. So what you're saying is the American Jews hate Israel, since so many of them are Democrats.
Majority of Saudis who are the most illiberal also vote for Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 09:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:

I just checked my facts and 78% of Jewish voters chose Obama in 2008 and 69% in 2012. So what you're saying is the American Jews hate Israel, since so many of them are Democrats.
Self hating Jews.

That's what the right loves to say.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
So if you support the Syrian immigration...

Imagine you are camping with your family in a secluded cabin and there is a very bad storm outside.
There are a group of travelers seeking shelter.
There is a chance that some of the travelers have a highly contagious disease for which there is no cure.
There is no way to tell because the disease takes a while to incubate so there is no way to tell who is infected.

Let's imagine that the odds of some of the travelers having the disease are EXACTLY the same odds that some of the Syrian immigrants are terrorists seeking to attack us.

Would you let them in?

Are the odds low enough to gamble with YOUR family's lives the same way you support gambling with the lives of other Americans?
Are you Rod Serling's ghost? I remember a Twilight Zone episode that was about a family with a bomb shelter who could not take in their neighbors.

Here..I found it. Guess there are some advantages of being old.

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shelter_(The_Twilight_Zone[/url])

Old 11-25-2015, 09:37 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Self hating Jews.

That's what the right loves to say.
I believe you when you say you believe it. Course it isn't the truth. Just another unfounded comment from you, trying to falsely group Republicans.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:42 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,571,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
A few weeks ago, I was very strongly against us taking in refugees from Syria. I'm not so sure about my stance anymore.

So what part of that story didn't you understand? They where turned back because of our Laws made for our National Security, to restrict "Foreigners" coming into the Country during a "Time of War." Perfectly valid reason. Not many Laws have a "Unless" clause that covers a few hundred exceptions. You also don't just get on a boat or Plane and go to a Country with expectations of being allowed to move in when you get there.

The fact is, we are in a "Time of War" even if not on an official document. There are people out there that want to kill us, and they have told us outright, that they will be coming here, and likely many are already here. How many should we let in? Enough to form a regular Battalion?

Even if there where no Terrorists, we are just recovering slowly from a bad economy, and have Millions of Illegals already in this Country, sucking off the system, and now they want to bring in 10,000 more people that we will have to pay for? No thanks. Let ne of the Middle East Countries take them, or give them an M16 and ammo, and let them take their own Country back.

Your welcome to take any "Stance" you choose, that the right you have as an American, but I think the States and the have spoken loud enough to be heard on this issue, and Congress should be aware.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:50 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,068,179 times
Quote:
What's ironic (and sad) is that FDR had a lot of support from the Jewish community, but the stories of his antisemitism were hidden for years.

Quote:

I just checked my facts and 78% of Jewish voters chose Obama in 2008 and 69% in 2012.
Obama is like FDR. He has Jewish support because his anti-semitism is ignored. The church he attended for 20 years is very anti-semitic. For example, most ignored the fact that his church distributes pro-Hamas propaganda materials. Jews don't have a good track record for trusting the right people.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:59 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Anne Frank and her family were also denied entry as refugees to the U.S.

Read the rest from the link above.

A few weeks ago, I was very strongly against us taking in refugees from Syria. I'm not so sure about my stance anymore.
Why aren't you sure? The plight of Anne Frank hasn't changed the Jewish State's stance on taking zero refugees, why should it change yours?

If WWII Jewish refugee rejection doesn't inform Israeli policies on refugee acceptance, then it shouldn't inform those of anyone else lest they are content in having their sympathies manipulated for political purposes.

Old 11-25-2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
Of course they aren't. Syria is committed to the destruction of Israel. They're smart enough to know not to import people that want them to die.
"Syria" the political nation isn't the "Syrians" the people.

Lot's of Islamists want lots of westerners to die, see Paris, but that doesn't exclude western nations from having to take their refugees.

Furthermore, lots of Jewish groups insist that nations other than Israel take these refugees, without fear of the consequence of death for people in those nations. Again, see Paris.

Last, there are plenty of non-Syrian refugees that they could take.

Last edited by golgi1; 11-25-2015 at 10:20 PM..

Old 11-25-2015, 10:09 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,559 times
The conservatives of today would have made the case that denying Jew refugee entry is acceptable due to national security. They would state that it is possible any of the incoming Jews were german spies. Why risk our national security with potential of just letting one German spy or Saboteur in?

Old 11-25-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
The conservatives of today would have made the case that denying Jew refugee entry is acceptable due to national security. They would state that it is possible any of the incoming Jews were german spies. Why risk our national security with potential of just letting one German spy or Saboteur in?
That's a weak claim devoid of any historical basis nor logic. It's the rough equivalent of claiming that they would deny a Jewish Syrian because they might be an ISIS spy. Nonsense. And spying is much different than executing 130 people in the center of Paris, or exploding bombs at marathons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies