Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 02:58 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Something stoners aren't. If stoners were smart, they wouldn't be stoners.
A stoner is someone who abuses cannabis. Abusing cannabis is not smart. Therefore, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Pot is very dangerous.
Most frequently, it is also combined with alcohol also, resulting in the
drunk AND stoned buzz.
And jazz. Don't forget the jazz. Have you ever heard a drunk and stoned jazz drummer play the drums. It is amazing. but dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
I am not totally against smoking pot, I just don't think it should
be blessed and legal by the government.
I agree. It is none of the government's business. I am sick of the government making things legal or illegal that are personal choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 03:16 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I agree. It is none of the government's business. I am sick of the government making things legal or illegal that are personal choices.
Are you sure you agree? Snowball7 wants the government to punish us if caught buying, selling, growing, or using this plant.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:24 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Ben Stein was funny as the teacher in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Other than that I have no use for him.

Someone should tell him that his argument about lack of motivation and decrease in productivity can be applied to alcohol as well. Is he arguing for the return of Prohibition? Also, we have another "drug" that is freely supplied in most offices that is a stimulant designed to increase productivity: coffee.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:07 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Do you drink Coffee? Try stopping.

Fun fact-its a lot easier to stop using pot.
I disagree, I know dozens of people who could not go a day without smoking pot. They can't handle reality. I have also known and heard of people going to rehab because of marijuana.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:37 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
I disagree, I know dozens of people who could not go a day without smoking pot. They can't handle reality. I have also known and heard of people going to rehab because of marijuana.
There is a difference between bad habits/decisions and addiction.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:48 PM

1,185 posts, read 2,219,288 times

Last edited by Amercity; 11-27-2015 at 10:11 PM..

Old 11-27-2015, 10:37 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
If you know 24+ people who can't go a day without smoking pot, I'd wager you know 128+ pot smokers who can go indefinitely without smoking.

You officially know more pot smokers than anyone outside of the High Times editorial staff.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:46 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,280 times
Quote:
Marijuana Is a Cancer | The American Spectator

According to Ben Stein, marijuana's presence in the United States is like a cancer: It's eating away at the discipline and motivation of our youth, and destroying our society.

If there was anything that ISIS could wish on America to destroy her, it would be something like a cancer that would destroy us from within.

An interesting take on marijuana.

Not marijuana, but conservatism...conservatism is a cancer. I mean just look at the GOP primaries...the fascist conservative cancer is dangerously leading us to subjugating our minorities as 2nd class citizens and drumming up yet another war costing us trillions of dollars. This is what ISIS agents are probably looking at and laughing and thinking that they have won...not marijuana. Jeez.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
If you know 24+ people who can't go a day without smoking pot, I'd wager you know 128+ pot smokers who can go indefinitely without smoking.

You officially know more pot smokers than anyone outside of the High Times editorial staff.
What can I say? I had some interesting life experiences that brought me in to contact with lots of neo-hippies. Also I grew up in a city where smoking weed was probably one of the major past times for a lot of people, because there was nothing else to do, I guess.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
There is a difference between bad habits/decisions and addiction.
What is the difference? I don't see much of one if there is. It's a bad habit and decision to abuse something that is addictive, and that is a drug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies