Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 10:00 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
  • There is nothing wrong with saying Happy Holiday if that is what the individual wants to do. There is nothing wrong with saying Merry Christmas if that is what the individual wants to do.
  • What's wrong is PC Nazi demanding that people say Happy Holiday instead of Merry Christmas.
  • It's a sad day when some people would turn a holiday greeting into something negative.
Every story on this site about this situation actually mentions someone trying to force others to say Merry Christmas, rather than force them to say Happy Holiday's which is exactly why I have never understood this argument from those who see it your way.

How many times have you seen someone say " This is still America, we say Merry Christmas " ????

Old 11-27-2015, 10:05 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Logical fallacy.

There are 2.4B Christians on the Planet Earth. They don't all subscribe to Christmas = Retail Buying. Furthermore Christmas is also a secular holiday. Non-Christians celebrate it too.

Thus you have no point.
Not all Christians celebrate Christmas, but you must be a Christian to celebrate Christmas. believing in "the Spirit of giving" is not Christmas, Christmas is about the celebration of the birth of Christ.( we are in a thread about political correctness after all).

The only other thing you could be arguing here is the celebration of a non Christian holiday that falls on Christmas, which again, wouldnt be them celebrating Christmas

Old 11-27-2015, 10:06 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,778 times
These are the same "christian conservatives"/paper tigers who want to install Christian Sharia law in America and get their panties in a wad if some other religious group wants to open a house of worship:

Georgia Town Reacts To Mosque Ban In Kennesaw Shopping Mall

Old 11-27-2015, 10:09 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Not all Christians celebrate Christmas, but you must be a Christian to celebrate Christmas. believing in "the Spirit of giving" is not Christmas, Christmas is about the celebration of the birth of Christ.( we are in a thread about political correctness after all).

The only other thing you could be arguing here is the celebration of a non Christian holiday that falls on Christmas, which again, wouldnt be them celebrating Christmas

And the same butt-hurt christians get offended and start talking about being "politically incorrect" if someone says happy holidays instead of merry christmas..

Old 11-27-2015, 10:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Covering all bases while giving no credence to them individually? Why? They all have their own meanings and significance. Christmas is Merry Christmas. Thanksgiving is Happy Thanksgiving and New Year's is Happy New Years.

Do we say Happy Holidays at Easter, 4th of July, Halloween?
Do you say Happy Easter, Happy Halloween, Happy Labor Day and so on a month or two before the actual day?

Old 11-28-2015, 03:05 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
These are spoken phrases, usually aimed at an individual. Again, this would be like saying happy birthday to everyone you spoke to.

As I said in another comment, if you know the individuals religion, then it makes sense to say Happy what ever, but if you dont, it makes more sense to say Happy Holiday's.

No, it's Merry Christmas no matter what religion or non-religion you are. Dec. 25th is Christmas, period.

Old 11-28-2015, 03:08 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi
Nice. Now if only the rest of the country would catch on.
Probably wont.... Too much P.C. BS!!

Old 11-28-2015, 04:15 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Political Correctness has been celebrated by Politicians as something apparently deemed evil..and indicating it's all about Hiding the reality of REAL Life. BUT what I happen to agree with is YEP....It was hiding what really is happening. UNLEASH the Incorrectness!!!

I say this because too many enthusiasts of shedding that "SHROUD" has actually UNLEASHED that "Pandora's Box" for exposing the true nature of what was underground mostly. and Yep~~ All the denials of racism and bigotry hidden..is not only still there..The vast use of Political Incorrectness has unleashed anger, normally controlled aggressions..and even has given those violent ones a GREEN LIGHT to act it out!!

But what really bothers me is those that are trying to equate this with BBL movement...Entirely different history of how their heritage in the US and how they are as a whole been treated..between segregation..marginalized, ridiculed for decades since the Civil Rights Laws of the mid '60's...

My observations on many threads has increased..always blaming the poor and marginalized as "Takers" (ring a bell?) parasites to the country, lazy ( that's not new either)..It's validating from my perspective really with that bandaid ripped off ( Political Correctness) exposing the TRUTH of their plights!!

It's a double edged sword tho..while true identity of those who harbour HATE is exposed..The targets of that hate is exposed to Violence..This goes to the Violence against anyone/thing/church/belief system/laws they HATE ( Roe versus Wade)..SO with Politicians fanning the flames of previously subdued Hatreds ...is now bubbling to the surface!!

Okay..I just had to vent the above...and I am no abortion advocate, nor Cop hater, nor extreme liberal..Just happen to believe it's okay to disagree...BUT it's not okay to act out and hurt others who disagree with you or worst..Kill those who don't have any respect for..

Old 11-28-2015, 04:28 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,389,775 times
im an atheist, I have no problem with xmas, i celebrate xmas with family and friends. I have no problem with 'in god we trust" or prays at football games. It just life, you get use to it, no sense create a fuss to start a fight

Old 11-28-2015, 08:17 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
im an atheist, I have no problem with xmas, i celebrate xmas with family and friends. I have no problem with 'in god we trust" or prays at football games. It just life, you get use to it, no sense create a fuss to start a fight
If so then why aren't you calling it Christmas rather than xmas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies