Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2015, 09:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Fervent fans of domestic terrorism (and assorted racists). Or, as Republicans call them - the base:
WOW. They are even worse than I thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 09:49 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Colorado Planned Parenthood shooting: 3 killed - CNN.com
Quote:
(CNN)Two civilians and a police officer were killed when a gunman opened fire at a Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic in a nearly six-hour standoff Friday.

The suspected gunman is Robert Lewis Dear, 59, a law enforcement official told CNN. The official did not provide additional information.

Police captured him, but they're still working to pinpoint his motive -- and make sure he didn't leave any explosives inside or outside the Colorado Springs building.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:48 PM

138 posts, read 93,806 times
This was a local matter. Why was President Obama briefed about it?

Old 11-27-2015, 11:08 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meow667 View Post
Why not? He called the widow of a dead Texas deputy.

"This afternoon, on my way to Alaska, I called Kathleen Goforth, the widow of Harris County Deputy Sheriff Darren Goforth - a veteran law enforcement officer who was contemptibly shot and killed over the weekend. On behalf of the American people, I offered Mrs. Goforth my condolences, and told her that Michelle and I would keep her and her family in our prayers. I also promised that I would continue to highlight the uncommon bravery that police officers show in our communities every single day. They put their lives on the line for our safety. Targeting police officers is completely unacceptable - an affront to civilized society. As I said in my State of the Union Address, we've got to be able to put ourselves in the shoes of the wife who won't rest until the police officer she married walks through the door at the end of his shift. That comfort has been taken from Mrs. Goforth. So we must offer her our comfort - and continue to stand up for the safety of police officers wherever they serve. [Mediaite, 8/31/15]

Old 11-27-2015, 11:44 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:

Domestic terrorism?

Old 11-28-2015, 12:20 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,280 times
Republicans: after months of hate mongering, you finally got your (first) Planned Parenthood shooting. Happy?

Old 11-28-2015, 04:32 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
So crazy. So sad for those who lost their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This white guy shot 4 cops and gets taken alive but a black kid with a 3 inch pen knife in his hand is such a threat he gets shot 16 times
If he is white...oh boy. I wouldn't be surprised if he is though.

Old 11-28-2015, 04:57 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Republicans: after months of hate mongering, you finally got your (first) Planned Parenthood shooting. Happy?
Hate mongering? who is hate mongering?

Stunning to think the murder of thousands of babies ranks far below the false accusation of hate mongering.

To think anyone aginst unrestricted abortion is a hate mongerer is stunted thinking.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:05 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
So cops can reason and negotiate with a white man who has already shot 11 people but they can't reason with an unarmed black kid who takes a step or two in a direction the officer didn't like.

Bu Bu Bu Bu but he had a 3 inch knife....
Different situation; different law enforcement agencies, COLORADO SPRINGS POLICE, CUCS POLICE,.(COLORADO UNIVERSITY POLICE) FBI, CBI, EL PASO COUNTY SHERRIF; COLORADO SPRINGS FIRE AND RESUCUE; there were more; but can't remember the agency names; more ambulances, that I have ever seen.

Plus I heard the Colorado Springs SWAT, is one of the best in the country! Drove the BEARCAT right into the PP building, rescued many hostages.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:49 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Barack Obama and the Democrats like to try to exploit tragedies like this for partisan political purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies