Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 09:25 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What is this gibberish? Actually, I don't want to know. Just go stand in line for a free handout or something and stop bothering us.
I probably make more money on a bad day than you do with your SSI or other government handout - which conservatives are famous for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 09:29 PM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
They aren't "worth the trouble" because they are peacefully demonstrating following the murder of a black kid by LE in cold blood? That's what makes them "not worth the trouble"? I don't think the cop is "worth the trouble." He should get a needle in his arm for this murder if there's any justice at all.

But thanks for giving us all such a great illustration of exactly what Black Lives Matter is about. Attitudes like this, which say that blacks deserve to get gunned down in the street, because to you, apparently, they don't matter. You and many other posters here on C-D prove them right every day.
Guess what, I work for a living. I build and remodel houses in my spare time. During the week I keep the power on. I work an average of 60 hours a week. My Dad was a farmer and he worked harder than me. We pay a lot of taxes, we pay the welfare and the foodstamps. We are sick of the whining and complaining from people who are not interested in actually helping society. So you are correct, I don't care about worthless idiots being gunned down in the streets with no ambition. It's not my problem, it's their problem.

God gives you ONE CHANCE in this life. Do you want to create a life for yourself or do you expect others to do it for you? It's that simple.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:43 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Guess what, I work for a living. I build and remodel houses in my spare time. During the week I keep the power on. I work an average of 60 hours a week. My Dad was a farmer and he worked harder than me. We pay a lot of taxes, we pay the welfare and the foodstamps. We are sick of the whining and complaining from people who are not interested in actually helping society. So you are correct, I don't care about worthless idiots being gunned down in the streets with no ambition. It's not my problem, it's their problem.

God gives you ONE CHANCE in this life. Do you want to create a life for yourself or do you expect others to do it for you? It's that simple.
How appropriate that you talk about God in one breath and about being happy to see people who pose no threat to anybody being gunned down in the street with the next.

God, save us from your followers, please. They are a violent, bloodthirsty lot. Too bad they can't be more like your Son.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
How appropriate that you talk about God in one breath and about being happy to see people who pose no threat to anybody being gunned down in the street with the next.

God, save us from your followers, please. They are a violent, bloodthirsty lot. Too bad they can't be more like your Son.
God helps those who help themselves. It's very clear in the bible. Jesus had no time for lazy, immoral dolts. Do you believe that someone who does not create anything, does not even cover the cost of feeding themselves through some kind of meaningful work...and if they are able bodied do they still deserve a place in this society in your mind?

Old 11-27-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
God helps those who help themselves. It's very clear in the bible. Jesus had no time for lazy, immoral dolts.
That quote is not from the Bible.

"God helps those who help themselves" is probably the most often quoted phrase that is not found in the Bible. This saying is usually attributed to Ben Franklin, quoted in Poor Richard's Almanac in 1757. In actuality, it originated from Algernon Sydney in 1698 in an article titled Discourses Concerning Government. Whatever the original source of this saying, the Bible teaches the opposite. God helps the helpless. Isaiah 25:4 declares, "For You have been a defense for the helpless, a defense for the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat."

God helps those who help themselves - is it in the Bible?

Funnily enough, that quote does appear in the Koran, though.

Jesus spent his time with the homeless, the poor, the sick, the powerless. You know, the kind of people you claim are worthless.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
That quote is not from the Bible.

"God helps those who help themselves" is probably the most often quoted phrase that is not found in the Bible. This saying is usually attributed to Ben Franklin, quoted in Poor Richard's Almanac in 1757. In actuality, it originated from Algernon Sydney in 1698 in an article titled Discourses Concerning Government. Whatever the original source of this saying, the Bible teaches the opposite. God helps the helpless. Isaiah 25:4 declares, "For You have been a defense for the helpless, a defense for the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat."

God helps those who help themselves - is it in the Bible?

Funnily enough, that quote does appear in the Koran, though.

Jesus spent his time with the homeless, the poor, the sick, the powerless. You know, the kind of people you claim are worthless.
That was quick. You are obviously a shill for the professional victims. Read the bible. It talks extensively about how idleness is the devil's work. Hard work is a virtue. Stop twisting the words.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
That was quick. You are obviously a shill for the professional victims. Read the bible. It talks extensively about how idleness is the devil's work. Hard work is a virtue. Stop twisting the words.
Says the guy who tried to fake a Bible quote. Face it, your Savior was a champion of the poor and downtrodden. Ever hear what He said about how hard it will be for a rich man to enter heaven? How about the last will be first, and the first will be last? Got any Bible stories about Jesus hanging out with the rich and powerful you can share with us?

Old 11-27-2015, 10:32 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.: Gave inspirational speeches that people listen to and quote to this day.

Black Lives Matter: Rip lights off of Christmas tree.

Analysis: BLM are chumps. People who support justice need a leader. BLM is not providing it. BLM is counterproductive.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:58 PM

88,995 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually in Chicago, it makes sense to protest along Magnificent Mile because it is on the northside, and Chicago suffers from some severe segregation where the Southside has been destroyed over the decades, which is predominantly black, while the northside, which is predominantly white, has seen their neighborhoods preserved and prosper.
Have you ever shopped in Mag Mile stores? There are a LOT of Black salespeople. That's who'll suffer the most from the protest. Cut hours, commission losses, and even job losses.

Old 11-27-2015, 11:50 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Have you ever shopped in Mag Mile stores? There are a LOT of Black salespeople. That's who'll suffer the most from the protest. Cut hours, commission losses, and even job losses.
You think these idiot #BLMorons actually care about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies