Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 11:58 AM

78,376 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BANNING GUNS AT ALL.

These guns are being used to kill our children and to murder our police officers," said Thompson. "New York city police officers were murdered with guns that originated from the state of Georgia. That is outrageous."

Three members of the NYPD were killed in the last 11 months alone - officers Wenjian Liu, Rafael Ramos, and Brian Moore - all killed with Georgia guns.

Two weeks ago, a fourth officer - Randolph Holder - was also killed in the line of duty. That weapon was traced to neighboring South Carolina.

3000 guns from Georgia fond at crime scenes in NY!
Weird they didn't mention where the PEOPLE were from that committed all those crimes.

Old 12-01-2015, 12:13 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,258 times
So is the OP just going to parrot the same things from a single article over and over and over and over and over again?

Also note that OP has yet to discuss the killers have generally had long histories of violence and arrests. but yeah "IRON PIPELINE!"

Old 12-01-2015, 12:32 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Well, you can only buy a gun legally in your home
state and straw purchases are already a felony.
Soooo...I guess we need a bunch of "new" laws.
(or they could enforce the ones on the books.)
Don't need "bunch" of new laws, in fact we could get rid of a few.

Don't need to a new law to extend background checks to all gun purchases.

Need a law that limits the number of guns that can be purchased in a specific window of time.

Get rid of the law that prohibits the computerization of gun purchase records.

Get rid of the Tiahrt amendment that requires the FBI to destroy evidence of an unlawful attempt to purchase a gun by a felon.

Get rid of the Tiahrt amendment that prohibits ATF from requiring yearly dealer inventory of firearms.

Old 12-01-2015, 12:52 PM

699 posts, read 610,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post

Get rid of the Tiahrt amendment that prohibits ATF from requiring yearly dealer inventory of firearms.
How can the ATF require yearly dealer inventory of firearms without this right of theirs being protected by a law?

You seem to want to get rid of all laws protecting gun dealers, increasing Federal oversight, and stripping law abiding citizens of their current rights to buy firearms (such as limiting the number of guns purchased).

Old 12-01-2015, 01:09 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Don't need "bunch" of new laws, in fact we could get rid of a few.

Don't need to a new law to extend background checks to all gun purchases.

Need a law that limits the number of guns that can be purchased in a specific window of time.

Get rid of the law that prohibits the computerization of gun purchase records.

Get rid of the Tiahrt amendment that requires the FBI to destroy evidence of an unlawful attempt to purchase a gun by a felon.

Thanks for those logical ideas.

I didn't know anything about the Tiahrt amendments

Old 12-01-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Weird they didn't mention where the PEOPLE were from that committed all those crimes.
I would bet a dime that they are from the state the crime with the gun was committed.
How does that Factor in? Why would it matter.?

This is like 2 farmers living near to each other and the 1st farmer won't maintain his fences and thinks it is funny that his cattle get out and go down the road and eat the 2nd farmers crops. The 1st farmer tries to act like it isn't my fault.

Make another example if you like.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:29 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
I would bet a dime that they are from the state the crime with the gun was committed.
How does that Factor in? Why would it matter.?

This is like 2 farmers living near to each other and the 1st farmer won't maintain his fences and thinks it is funny that his cattle get out and go down the road and eat the 2nd farmers crops. The 1st farmer tries to act like it isn't my fault.

Make another example if you like.
Cows are not sentient human being for one. The two farms would have to be in separate states hundreds of miles apart from each other for two.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:40 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
We recently had a drunk illegal kill two kids in California driving a car from Detroit. Somebody got that car from the Detroit all the way to California where it ended up killing two innocent drivers. This must stop.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Cows are not sentient human being for one. The two farms would have to be in separate states hundreds of miles apart from each other for two.
I reduced it down for your easy consumption. Think big farms! I doubt i will get a civil adult answer.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:52 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
I reduced it down for your easy consumption. Think big farms! I doubt i will get a civil adult answer.
Your analogy is false, I have even shown how it is false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies