Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 08:08 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Breitbart distorts things a lot, that doesn't mean it lies 100% of the time, just 90%. Its why Mother earth news for example is a horrible site to use in arguments as well, sure its right sometimes, but when 90% of the stuff is lies why bother going through the effort to deal with the nonsense?

Also which correlates more? Their color...or their income.

As i suggested above, there are multiple correlations going on, of which income is probably not the strongest. (ever notice how there is a crime problem among rich rappers?)

some correlates; age, gender, employment, education, marital status. as the stats show, several distinct correlates can combine to make a huge correlation.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:09 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
This means they have to look in a mirror and not blame someone else. Never happen.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:09 PM

500 posts, read 319,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I guess Breitbart didn't get the message: "whitey bad; all others good" and "its all whitey's fault".

This mantra needs to be repeated all day long until you are completely brainwashed! A whole new spin on 1984 largely for the benefit of a huge segment of the population who are incapable of even providing basics such as food and shelter for themselves!

Old 11-28-2015, 08:55 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Strange, but if you look at the same age group with the same basic economic group by percentage among Hispanics, Caucasians, and Asians, the numbers still show African American youth are still more violent. There is a disconnect within the AA community that needs to be addressed and isn't. It is avoided and excused by the AA community. Go ahead and call it racist all you want but the statistics don't lie.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...ender_2013.xls

Then take it up with the FBI, please.

You need to remember there are 6 times as many whites as there are Blacks in the US.

I have shown above that crime is intensely concentrated in a demographic group MUCH more narrow than "black", which is not at all a narrow demographic.

Black little old ladies and middle-aged married men are not the problem and should not be conflated with the young perps.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Strange, but if you look at the same age group with the same basic economic group by percentage among Hispanics, Caucasians, and Asians, the numbers still show African American youth are still more violent. There is a disconnect within the AA community that needs to be addressed and isn't. It is avoided and excused by the AA community. Go ahead and call it racist all you want but the statistics don't lie.

I think this is largely cultural, as the 'culture of poverty' is concentrated among the underclass, which is heavily black.

Asians and Hispanics have a family values and two-parent culture which i think has a positive effect which to an extent counters the street culture.

The predominantly single-parent culture among young blacks immerses them in the street culture.

I suspect crime is much less common among people who were raised by mom and dad than by people raised by mom.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:58 PM

599 posts, read 401,648 times
I have mentioned black on black crime statistics during debates numerous times and I always end up hearing oh it isn't relevant, let's talk about white on black crime and systematic racism. Yes I know that racism still exist though what I do know is that it isn't anywhere near what it use to be during the 1950's and 1960's.
I really do wish members in the African American community that have power would continuously address the problem of black on black crime instead of blaming whites for everything.
I mean we have a black president now and look where that's gotten us? Race relations are at an all time low and we have had numerous of what I consider race riots such as Ferguson, Missouri, Baltimore, Maryland and Oakland, California.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:13 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
It saves the taxpayers money in prison and welfare costs.

Old 11-29-2015, 12:24 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,219 times
Recently I saw a clip on this. Don't know how many people did. I say bravo to these women and men who are trying to make a difference and hopefully it spreads to other neighborhoods.

Moms patrol Chicago streets to thwart gang violence - CBS News

Army Of Moms Bring Anti-Violence Patrols To Back Of The Yards Neighborhood « CBS Chicago

Wonderful interview

Army of Moms – The Meredith Vieira Show

Old 11-29-2015, 05:32 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
Since the media is mostly liberal-controlled, they don't want to show these truths because
they are afraid the public might learn that liberal policies have actually been devastating to black communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies