Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 07:22 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times

Advertisements

Most religious believers don't follow the less accepted parts of their religion... but that doesn't mean their holy book doesn't say it.

The New Testament plainly bans women preachers, says homosexuality is a sin, and says to shun people who leave Christianity. Yet 90% of Christians disregard at least one of those clear commands.

The Old Testament is very violent, the Israelites were told by God to murder and pillage the native Philistines who were the natives of the Promised Land. The OT records instances of Philistine children being burned alive to abolish all evil in the land.

The Koran clearly states to kill unbelievers and Muhammad leaves an example of sex with 9 year old girls and having sex slaves. Clearly not all Muslims do that stuff but if you want to be a fundamentalist Muslim you will believe it.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:24 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Oh RIGHT! Because extremists represent the entire spectrum.
When it comes to gun violence, many feel the same way.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:35 AM

833 posts, read 657,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecluder617 View Post
Show me proof. As someone who has lived in the Middle East and was immersed in their culture for years, I can tell you that your last statement is a crock of shyt.
Haha haha haha ..you want proof that Moslems prefer sharia .

Old 12-02-2015, 08:40 AM

816 posts, read 994,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
Haha haha haha ..you want proof that Moslems prefer sharia .
No, I want proof that a very high percentage of Muslims follow Sharia (which people on here seem to claim, yet they most likely have never even been outside of the country). You can't provide me proof, because it's not true. Which is why you responded with a "Haha haha haha". You have nothing factual or valid to contribute.

Riddle me this. If most Muslims treat women like "second class citizens", then why was there a woman president in Indonesia (the country with the largest Muslim population), and regularly appeared without wearing a head scarf?

In fact, the only country that comes to mind in regards to Sharia law, is Saudi Arabia (where they practice an extreme form of Islam, known as Wahhabism) Their population is 29 million. Now lets say that all of them practiced Wahhabism (and I'm sure they all don't), then that would mean roughly 1.75% of all Muslims "prefer" Sharia. Not even remotely a "very high percentage"

Old 12-02-2015, 08:55 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
About the treat women like second class citizens although some men do, as far as I know many women love wearing their hijab. It isn't something the vast majority are force to wear.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:01 AM

816 posts, read 994,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
About the treat women like second class citizens although some men do
Some men do EVERYWHERE. Try telling that to the battered women in this country, who were in abusive and controlling relationships. Not to mention women getting killed by jealous boyfriends/husbands. Doesn't mean all of us American men are like that.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:08 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecluder617 View Post
Some men do EVERYWHERE. Try telling that to the battered women in this country, who were in abusive and controlling relationships. Not to mention women getting killed by jealous boyfriends/husbands. Doesn't mean all of us American men are like that.
Exactly.

And look at the misogynist crap Hillary Clinton has had to endure, for example. I'm not talking about attacks on her record or policy, which are of course fair game, but comments about her menstrual cycle, her makeup, as well as Hillary nutcrackers (funny, no? ) and the thinly-veiled (and sometimes not veiled at all)vocab used to describer her, like "*****", "petulant", "ambitious" (used as an insult, of course), "shrill" and "hysterical". And it isn't just Hillary - Carly Fiorina has gotten similar treatment. And they both get it not only from the other side, but from their own parties as well.

Do you know a recent poll showed that 40% of men in the US don't think a woman is capable of being the president of the United States. 40%!!! But those same men want us to believe that they are super-concerned about Muslim women's rights? Nice try.

And just to be clear, I don't think every American man is sexist, but there are many who could stand to reflect just a bit.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:43 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Exactly.

And look at the misogynist crap Hillary Clinton has had to endure, for example. I'm not talking about attacks on her record or policy, which are of course fair game, but comments about her menstrual cycle, her makeup, as well as Hillary nutcrackers (funny, no? ) and the thinly-veiled (and sometimes not veiled at all)vocab used to describer her, like "*****", "petulant", "ambitious" (used as an insult, of course), "shrill" and "hysterical". And it isn't just Hillary - Carly Fiorina has gotten similar treatment. And they both get it not only from the other side, but from their own parties as well.

Do you know a recent poll showed that 40% of men in the US don't think a woman is capable of being the president of the United States. 40%!!! But those same men want us to believe that they are super-concerned about Muslim women's rights? Nice try.

And just to be clear, I don't think every American man is sexist, but there are many who could stand to reflect just a bit.
And the comments on Carly Fiorina by the View.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:46 AM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
yes that is why they are all leaving-- what a crock -

Old 12-02-2015, 10:53 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
And the comments on Carly Fiorina by the View.
That's a good point, actually. It isn't just men who are guilty of sexism. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies