Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 06:07 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,305 times

Advertisements

It's great to see churches actually following Christian principles. (Although I think that 100K refugees is logistically too many.) Maybe by their actions, some of these "scary" Muslim refugees may get to know Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 06:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
It's great to see churches actually following Christian principles. (Although I think that 100K refugees is logistically too many.) Maybe by their actions, some of these "scary" Muslim refugees may get to know Christ.
Nah..once they check in the charities let them go.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:36 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,075,211 times
It's all about the money. How much money will these churches get per person as 'processing' fees from those of us who actually pay taxes? It's not government money or State Department money they are getting. It's tax payer money.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:43 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times
Money changers.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:46 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They won't. The State Dept will do what it wants and use their money how they see fit.

Why so worried about what the GOP should do ?

The Dems are running the show.

Well the GOP controlled house along with 30 governors are the ones suddenly attempting to change US policy because of the attack in France.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:48 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Do you not know the scam?

It has been happening for years and years.

Basically, a church will get some refugees over here, and then place them into jobs, in which the refugees will kick back some money to the church. Many businesses, especially ones in which the owners are part of the church, are involved in this.

Look at Chattanooga for example, a church (two actually, protestant) there brings over Ukrainian refugees for the last 20 years, 90% of them work for a hand full of companies in the area, and kick back money to the church.

It does not matter who it is, all that matters is the money. The Muslims may not end up joining the church, but the church are banking their money in other ways. This has been going on as far back as I can remember.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:53 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
They won't. The State Dept will do what it wants and use their money how they see fit.

Why so worried about what the GOP should do ?

The Dems are running the show.
Has anybody explained that to Congress?

Old 11-29-2015, 07:01 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meow667 View Post
Those on the list are mostly liberal mainline churches. Many of them allow female pastors, break bread with Jews and Muslims, and are open and affirming of gays.
I know. Those hippie churches following the teachings of Middle Eastern Jewish Jesus. Our American Patriot Jesus drives and endorses a Chevy, carries a gun and hates Jews and Muslims, oh, and especially Mexicans. American Jesus is no loser that feeds and helps the poor and disenfranchised refugees - unless they are white and Christian and hate gays too. Ok, I'm done. Have fun with this discussion.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well the GOP controlled house along with 30 governors are the ones suddenly attempting to change US policy because of the attack in France.
There's not a damn thing they can do.
So why fret over it ?

It's one big dog and pony show.

I know how government works and I just laughed when they demanded all that stuff.
And I laughed again when the ACLU decided to sue because of something the governors cannot do.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:06 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
There's not a damn thing they can do.
So why fret over it ?

It's one big dog and pony show.

I know how government works and I just laughed when they demanded all that stuff.
And I laughed again when the ACLU decided to sue because of something the governors cannot do.
Agreed, so much wasted motion for self promotion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies