Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 02:16 PM

5,852 posts, read 3,275,497 times

Advertisements

100 years from now we will still hear the same crying. Woe is me. My life is terrible. The white devil is keeping me down. Wah wah wah!! Then you have this author who obviously suffers from his white liberal guilt!!

Old 11-29-2015, 02:39 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,361,101 times
I would like to suggest that it might be nice if everyone would write a piece about "It Might Be Nice For .......To Know About....." because we could all use a little understanding about who and what we are.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:43 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,154,271 times
The highlight of that article was seeing a picture of the Hulkster!

Old 11-29-2015, 02:48 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,127,297 times
I see this sort of argument all the time. "If blacks are arrested and incarcerated in numbers vastly higher than their percentage of the population, it must be because of irrational white racism, because we know the only difference is the color of their skin."

Oh, there really is discrimination against American blacks by whites and most other ethnicities who have had to live among them, even Africans .... but it's not irrational, it's for very good reasons. The reason blacks are stopped, arrested, or imprisoned so much is not because of hate-filled cops ...... it's because they commit so much more crime (and I'm not talking about marijuana use). Not only do the stats bear that out, but I've seen it in my own life - if anything, black criminals get away with more crime than white criminals, simply because the victims are intimidated, and because there's so much of it that often cops don't bother with the small stuff.

The situation could be compared to what would happen if a white gypsy guy were to drink every night at bars and would often start fights. Would it be discrimination for the police to arrest and jail him more than the other bar patrons, or even stop him occasionally and talk to him before he starts drinking? Sure it would be. But it's for good reasons, for the protection of the decent folk. Could he then sue the city, claiming violation of his civil rights because of a general pattern of arresting violent Romany gypsy men more than other ethnicities?

Old 11-29-2015, 03:38 PM

1,069 posts, read 707,462 times
For some people, that crutch never gets old

Old 11-29-2015, 03:47 PM

4,654 posts, read 4,096,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Some of you who are constantly talking down to Blacks and telling them how they should conduct every minutiae of life need to read this:

What whites don't know about racism (Opinion) - CNN.com

I particularly like the way the author started: "it's hard to know what you don't know, the premise being that when you're ignorant about something, you aren't likely to realize your blind spots...Sometimes, knowing what you don't know just requires a certain degree of humility". Of course, "white humility" is pretty uncommon on C-D current events and similar forums.

I found it particularly interesting that White males who drop out of high school dropouts find it easier to find jobs than Blacks with 2 years of college.
This is because even blacks with 4 years of college often graduate without being able to speak the English language correctly. This is in turn because they get something like 450 point handicaps on their SAT scores and often do not deserve to be in college in the first place. Once there they are coddled, pushed though, and graduate without even basic life skills.

A new editorial about black self pity- how original and enlightening. The formula for life isn't hard: don't commmit crimes, pay attention in school, do not resort to violence as the only answer in life, disdain drugs and alcohol, and wait until a resoanble age to make babies.

It is no one else's fault that blacks in some areas do more poorly in English than ESL students. It is no one else fault that statistically speaking no student in Detroit is above average in methematics. This is a cultural failure. Self pity editorials are the LAST thing that the black community needs.

Last edited by cachibatches; 11-29-2015 at 04:06 PM..

Old 11-29-2015, 03:52 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,445,085 times
Must be hell, going through life, raised to be a victim of your own skin...

Then government comes along and tells you there is no way you can make it on your own, because of the color of your skin.

It is a no win situation for those living behind their skin. They become racist before they are off the teet.

Old 11-29-2015, 03:56 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,192,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
100 years from now we will still hear the same crying. Woe is me. My life is terrible. The white devil is keeping me down. Wah wah wah!! Then you have this author who obviously suffers from his white liberal guilt!!

You are wrong. The white man will be whining Why are the Hispanics treating me this way?

Old 11-29-2015, 03:57 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,278,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are wrong. The white man will be whining Why are the Hispanics treating me this way?
Hispanics are white when they do bad things.

Old 11-29-2015, 04:00 PM

4,654 posts, read 4,096,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Naw, Hispanics are upwardly mobile and intermarry at very high rates with whites. Most people in American in 100 years will have white and Hispanic ancestory. In other words, whites and Hispanics are going to become the same catagory. It is already happening, as about half of Hispanics self-identify as white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies