Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 08:50 AM

254 posts, read 145,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
and you community is judged by mass killings, rape, murder, drug use, lies, deceit, redlining, etc...

Smh, what a stupid post.
I'm not going to argue with you because your not worth my time, but good job throwing a bunch of words out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 12:57 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,818,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Their movement is inspired by an FBI fugitive that killed a cop and fled to Cuba. You need to do some research and stop supporting a group involved in foolery.

Why are we demanding white folks fix other white folks? Doesn't that seem counterproductive? How about we make sure we don't give police a reason to shoot us? How come I've been stopped numerous times by white cops and none of them ever even reached for their gun? Maybe because I comply with everything they say so I can go home and live another day. Black folks gotta realize that it's pointless to try and hold court with a cop in the street. You'll always lose.

And what equality are we fighting for?
All cops are not "white." Law enforcement is an institution, not "white folks" or "white cops."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
BLM is never anywhere vocal when there's a black on black crime. Just recently, a 9-year old black child was murdered by adult black men from a gang because the child's father had ties to an opposing gang. Why haven't we seen anything on that? Why aren't blacks protesting how black lives are being threatened with gang recruitment, and how it's damaging to the black community?

I'm going to sound racist, but there's a reason why I have no interest in understanding the movement. As far as I'm concerned, because I'm not black I can't possibly have any way to tie myself to the community or relate to them. Of course, there are unique things occurring in the black community, but isn't it up to them to figure out?
Black people knew about this before you did and have been advocating about gang violence for decades, which is why black street gangs are now at an all time low in Chicago in particular.

Also, there is no need to protest over someone not being arrested and charged in the murder of Tyshawn Lee. His suspected murderers have already been arrested.

When the 17 year old teen was executed by a cop, the cop got administrative paid vacation for an entire year before he was charged and he was only charged IMO due to the activity of BLM as they know in Chicago that they will have a problem on their hands if they don't arrest murderous cops like they arrest murdering people.

As a black mother to a son, I am saddened over both of these CHILDREN'S deaths. I am certain that the murderers of 9 year old Tyshawn will face prison. I am not so certain about the murder of 17 year old Laquan. I have a feeling he will get off due to being charged with 1st degree murder and not 2nd degree or manslaughter, same as what happened in other similar cases in recent years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Unlike the old domestics, janitors and trash men who were part of the beginning of the struggle for civil rights, BLM are educated, upper class, and middle class, young loud and angry black hipsters. They are eminently more frightful to white racist because they are going take their place in mainstream America and create change from the top down. Those who are most vocal are afraid they will be left out.

The most vocal believe they know these kinds of blacks. They can get into the head of them and see what their real agenda is. However, they can't get into head of a white policeman who is using a night stick to wail on a black lifeless body, taking turns as four or five of his fellow officers get in as many licks as the other. They don't want to because it creates a racist schizophrenia for them. When they are angry at blacks they envision themselves wailing on his lifeless body and the only absolution is a blue uniform.

They are on the wrong side of history, the wrong side of humanity and the wrong side of Christianity.

This is true.

It is interesting to me how riled up people are about BLM participants. Also, it is interesting that people like Vintage_girl overlook the fact that BLM members and most of their supporters are not "ghetto dwellers." They are the children of middle class black Americans and many middle class black Americans themselves in their 30s and 40s. They are the most educated black generation ever produced in this country and they are VERY tech savvy as black Americans in general are much more "plugged in" than other demographics in the country. Too many of these people think blacks in America are the same low stature as we were in 1980. There has been tremendous gains in "the black community" in that time. the most blaring being that the majority of black people no longer live in urban ghettos and that the educational levels of black people, especially the current generation is growing at the fastest pace it has ever been. I'm glad our youth are much more involved today and it is good they are making so many of these racist minded posters nervous.

And again racist minded posters - no one in BLM wants your support. I may sound cruel (taking a cue from Vintage_girl's words about her racism) but I would suspect that BLM wants you and your kind to die off of natural causes so that there will be no need for their activism in the future. No one wants you in their group except others of like mind (racist focused people).

Old 12-03-2015, 01:35 PM

268 posts, read 344,914 times
Kinda curious why on all of the news feeds after a kid gets shot it is only a crying MOTHER talking, and there is NO FATHER in sight.

Why is this??

Never mind.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:49 PM

756 posts, read 424,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
It is interesting to me how riled up people are about BLM participants. Also, it is interesting that people like Vintage_girl overlook the fact that BLM members and most of their supporters are not "ghetto dwellers." They are the children of middle class black Americans and many middle class black Americans themselves in their 30s and 40s. They are the most educated black generation ever produced in this country and they are VERY tech savvy as black Americans in general are much more "plugged in" than other demographics in the country. Too many of these people think blacks in America are the same low stature as we were in 1980. There has been tremendous gains in "the black community" in that time. the most blaring being that the majority of black people no longer live in urban ghettos and that the educational levels of black people, especially the current generation is growing at the fastest pace it has ever been. I'm glad our youth are much more involved today and it is good they are making so many of these racist minded posters nervous.

And again racist minded posters - no one in BLM wants your support. I may sound cruel (taking a cue from Vintage_girl's words about her racism) but I would suspect that BLM wants you and your kind to die off of natural causes so that there will be no need for their activism in the future. No one wants you in their group except others of like mind (racist focused people).

My problem with Black Lives Matter is they often engage in the very same racist and bigoted behavior they are trying to put an end to. As if they should not be held to the same standards that they expect of others.

Example: The recent protest in the Dartmouth library where a group of BLM protesters barged in and started shouting racist slurs at the students, cornering one girl and calling her a "filthy white B i tch".
This was pure racism and hatred on display, they only reason these students were singled out was because of their skin color. But just for a moment, let’s try and imagine the reverse of this scenario,
lets imagine a group of whites barged into a mostly black university, corned some black college student and shouted “filthy black b i tch” in her face”!
This would be front page news in all the major media and these people would be public enemy number one. Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson would be calling for their heads. So what happens?
Dartmouth apologizes… to the protesters!!!
Dartmouth Finally Apologizes...To Its Protesters | The Daily Caller

Example: BLM protesters chant 'pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon' in a march hours after Houston officer Darren Goforth was gunned down in cold blood.
Black Lives Matter backs 'pigs in a blanket' and 'fry 'em like bacon' chant in Minnesota | Daily Mail Online

Then you have assorted nonsense like closing off a shopping area in Chicago on Black Friday which probably only served to alienate and aggravate people who were likely
to support your cause anyway.

They steal the microphone from Bernie Sanders…. again whose supporters would be likely to support theiur cause anyway.

If you seriously think this type of behavior is helping in any way, you need your head examined! It’s an important cause but you don’t stop racism, hatred and bigotry by
engaging in the same things and then expect to engender understanding and empathy to the plight of what black people have to live with.

They are alienating white people who would be inclined to support them and they are giving fuel to the white racists and bigots who believe all black people act this way.
They are alienating black people who would be inclined to support them but don't want to be associated with this type of behavior.
They are giving fuel to racist black people who think all white people are evil and holding them down.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:50 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,693,116 times
Quote:

You can go ahead and call us all racist because we don't align ourselves with a group seemingly interested in only securing headlines. It's also funny how you insist BLM doesn't want our support, but they go out of their way to "bring awareness" all while knowing it's to grab attention, be disruptive, and try to change people's minds. If BLM truly doesn't want our support, what do they want? To be disruptive, engage in dangerous behavior, and create more negativity? Because where I live, that's exactly what BLM participants have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
My problem with Black Lives Matter is they often engage in the very same racist and bigoted behavior they are trying to put an end to. As if they should not be held to the same standards that they expect of others.

They are alienating white people who would be inclined to support them and they are giving fuel to the white racists and bigots who believe all black people act this way.
They are alienating black people who would be inclined to support them but don't want to be associated with this type of behavior.
They are giving fuel to racist black people who think all white people are evil and holding them down.
I agree, and they aren't just alienating white people. They're alienating other non-whites, who may not experience the same community problems they do, but would be willing to support them (like myself). I'm not interested in participating in a movement that aims to create more racial rifts in this country. BLM tries to claim they're doing the same things MLKJ did for civil rights, and I'm shaking my head.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:14 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,693,116 times
Quote:
... would suspect that BLM wants you and your kind to die off of natural causes.. .
I think it's strange here on CD that's not the first time I've seen someone write that others should die because people don't agree with their views.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:01 AM

756 posts, read 424,600 times
Quote:
I think it's strange here on CD that's not the first time I've seen someone write that others should die because people don't agree with their views.
Yeah.. that really was ugly.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:34 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,702,808 times
Quote:
no one in BLM wants your support. I may sound cruel (taking a cue from Vintage_girl's words about her racism) but I would suspect that BLM wants you and your kind to die off of natural causes so that there will be no need for their activism in the future.
What I'm really disappointed in is that you chose to post something as horrifically offensive as this rather than providing a thoughtful response to my message posted just seven postings earlier than yours. Knowing that you were addressing people practically begging for direction and leadership regarding what specifically we should do to be good allies, you respond by telling us that BLM doesn't want our support? Seriously?

In another thread, a number of conscientious folks like myself are having a disagreement with a bunch of fundamentalists and other religious reactionaries. One of them asked me whether I would criticize my own side if they were doing something as offensive as I characterized what their side does. I replied 'yes'. And here's the proof. I am criticizing your comments as horrifically offensive, even though you probably want the same things for society, in general, that I want. Your comments both violate basic principles of responsible human behavior and neglect to capitalize on the opportunity my earlier posting provided you to actually constructively contribute to that which BLM is supposed to be addressing.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:38 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,818,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post

Example: The recent protest in the Dartmouth library where a group of BLM protesters barged in and started shouting racist slurs at the students, cornering one girl and calling her a "filthy white B i tch".
This was pure racism and hatred on display, they only reason these students were singled out was because of their skin color. But just for a moment, let’s try and imagine the reverse of this scenario,
lets imagine a group of whites barged into a mostly black university, corned some black college student and shouted “filthy black b i tch” in her face”!
This would be front page news in all the major media and these people would be public enemy number one. Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson would be calling for their heads. So what happens?
Dartmouth apologizes… to the protesters!!!
Dartmouth Finally Apologizes...To Its Protesters | The Daily Caller

Example: BLM protesters chant 'pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon' in a march hours after Houston officer Darren Goforth was gunned down in cold blood.
Black Lives Matter backs 'pigs in a blanket' and 'fry 'em like bacon' chant in Minnesota | Daily Mail Online

Then you have assorted nonsense like closing off a shopping area in Chicago on Black Friday which probably only served to alienate and aggravate people who were likely
to support your cause anyway.

They steal the microphone from Bernie Sanders…. again whose supporters would be likely to support theiur cause anyway.

If you seriously think this type of behavior is helping in any way, you need your head examined! It’s an important cause but you don’t stop racism, hatred and bigotry by
engaging in the same things and then expect to engender understanding and empathy to the plight of what black people have to live with.

Again, why do you think they would want your support. Your support is not needed. White people are not special and are not needed for everything in this country. Also, as stated, there are many white people who support them and don't politicize or attempt to twist their intent like you and others have done.

Quote:
You can go ahead and call us all racist because we don't align ourselves with a group seemingly interested in only securing headlines. It's also funny how you insist BLM doesn't want our support, but they go out of their way to "bring awareness" all while knowing it's to grab attention, be disruptive, and try to change people's minds. If BLM truly doesn't want our support, what do they want? To be disruptive, engage in dangerous behavior, and create more negativity? Because where I live, that's exactly what BLM participants have done.

I agree, and they aren't just alienating white people. They're alienating other non-whites, who may not experience the same community problems they do, but would be willing to support them (like myself). I'm not interested in participating in a movement that aims to create more racial rifts in this country. BLM tries to claim they're doing the same things MLKJ did for civil rights, and I'm shaking my head.
Causing a media stir is the only way to bring about change in the modern era. You evidently are not a student of history in regards to the CRM. It was primarily a movement which sought to publicize, via media, especially new TV media the issues that black people were facing in regards to lack of protection by law enforcement (same thing BLM does BTW). People back in the 1950s and 1960s who had your mind set saw Dr. King and SCLC as "racial agitators" and the majority of white people did not agree with their tactics, same as you and those like you are doing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
What I'm really disappointed in is that you chose to post something as horrifically offensive as this rather than providing a thoughtful response to my message posted just seven postings earlier than yours. Knowing that you were addressing people practically begging for direction and leadership regarding what specifically we should do to be good allies, you respond by telling us that BLM doesn't want our support? Seriously?

In another thread, a number of conscientious folks like myself are having a disagreement with a bunch of fundamentalists and other religious reactionaries. One of them asked me whether I would criticize my own side if they were doing something as offensive as I characterized what their side does. I replied 'yes'. And here's the proof. I am criticizing your comments as horrifically offensive, even though you probably want the same things for society, in general, that I want. Your comments both violate basic principles of responsible human behavior and neglect to capitalize on the opportunity my earlier posting provided you to actually constructively contribute to that which BLM is supposed to be addressing.
LOL that you are "really disappointed" in me. Sounds like a dad lecture to a little child. Cute.

And it is interesting, both you and Vintage_girl are "SO OFFENDED" with all the racial drivel you especially post on a frequent basis in regards to stereotyping black people.

I stand by what I said. When people hold those views die off "of NATURAL causes" (no one is threatening those of you who are scaredy types) the world will be a better place.

And FWIW, I am not easily offended and I am not sensitive at all, especially not about random posts on a forum. If you can frequently stereotype black people, use any sort of media story to denigrate black people, promulgate propaganda about black people, and not feel bad about being a racist, then I have no problem with stating that when people who hold those views and propagate that sort of thinking die off of old age or other natural causes, that the world will be a better place, then you shouldn't be so thinned skinned and offended.

You frequently stereotype my people and you attempt to paint propaganda off as truth. On the OP topic it has been mentioned MULTIPLE times that BLM are advocating for law enforcement reform. Black criminals, when they commit crime against black people are punished (as I stated earlier) 90% of the time. When law enforcement KILLS black people for minor things because they feel "threatened" when they are the ones who have guns to shoot people and cars to run people over with, they are NOT inprisoned 90% of the time. THAT is the difference.

You don't want to admit that difference because you are mad black people talk about "racial issues." You want to act like there are no "racial issues" in America not seeing that your denial (like you want to call out black people for about "crime") of this problem is a "racial issue."

So save me your sensitivity and grow some thick skin. You want to tell it like you see it. I'll tell you like I see it.

Nobody wants your support in BLM. You don't want to support BLM. However, for now, they are going to keep talking about "racial issues." You need to just shut up and deal with it.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-26-2015 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 12-04-2015, 07:41 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,646,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunswithguns View Post
I'm not going to argue with you because your not worth my time, but good job throwing a bunch of words out there.
lol, of course you won't...

the question is a silly one and not worth answering. Thanks for proving my point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies