Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 03:39 PM

1,431 posts, read 911,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
No. You're parroting their "concerns" w/o testing the reasoning behind it. Look through this thread and see how many posters calling BLM racist have actually defended their position. You won't find it b/c it's not based on reality.
#BlackLivesMatter Protesters Disrupt Students in Library:

I was proud to be part of last night's protest - until it turned ugly

Second link is an actual white BLM supporter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 03:53 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,692,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
We're supposed to ignore these actual incidents and pretend they didn't happen, according to the current rhetoric. After all, it was just from a small amount in the whole group and therefore, it doesn't count.

/sarcasm

Old 12-04-2015, 04:43 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,108,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I changed my mind. The point by point discussion isn't as interesting to me (or probably anyone else) as you answering my final question. I'll send you my point by point replies by DM, but let's focus on this:Yes.

Your turn. Now what?
Great. [Start dialogue]. We're not at the point where there's consensus among the people with power that there's even endemic racial bias in our criminal justice system. Until we reach consensus, any talk of solutions to deal with it, is premature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
We're supposed to ignore these actual incidents and pretend they didn't happen, according to the current rhetoric. After all, it was just from a small amount in the whole group and therefore, it doesn't count.

/sarcasm
Take a movement that's been going on for over a year, find one extreme moment, and paint the entire event as racist.

Detractors were calling the BLM movement racist before this event ever happened. If this event never happened, those detractors would still be calling BLM racist.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:09 PM

756 posts, read 424,417 times
Quote:

Take a movement that's been going on for over a year, find one extreme moment, and paint the entire event as racist.

Detractors were calling the BLM movement racist before this event ever happened. If this event never happened, those detractors would still be calling BLM racist.
Wake up. There's been more than one or two "extreme incidents". Sweeping it under the rug, apologizing for them or ignoring them won't help. All it's doing is alienating people who would more than likely support the cause anyway.

I also have not seen any evidence of BLM addressing the radical members of their movement and their behavior. White society is supposed to examine it's systemic racism and white privilege but examples of black racism, hatred and bigotry get a pass I suppose. Maybe that's an example of black privilege.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:19 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I changed my mind. The point by point discussion isn't as interesting to me (or probably anyone else) as you answering my final question. I'll send you my point by point replies by DM, but let's focus on this:Yes.

Your turn. Now what?
White privilege. A made up problem in search if a non-existent answer.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:23 PM

20,018 posts, read 20,822,731 times
The BLM folks must be in full-on meltdown mode with all the attention being drawn away on such news breaking nonsense like uh, domestic terrorist attacks and mass murdering by crazed white folk. Hopefully this stuff will blow over quick so the focus can be back on them.
I kinda feel bad that they are getting the shaft right now on media coverage and getting their point across, whatever their point actually is. Does anyone know?

Old 12-04-2015, 06:30 PM

756 posts, read 424,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
White privilege. A made up problem in search if a non-existent answer.

I saw this online somewhere and it about sums it up:

Quote:
White privilege = being held responsible for the acts of your ancestors by blacks who accept no responsibility for the acts of their children.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:41 PM

12,952 posts, read 13,663,665 times
One of the videos circling around the web displays a dozen or more short excerpts of police brutality captured on cameras. Many of the victims were white. My question is how do white people turn and look away and allow this to happen? One young white woman was shoved into a holding cell like an animal head first on to the floor the bench stopping her fall as her head fell against it. Another white woman punched in the head, men kicked, and young white kid shot over a $20.00 drug deal. Perhaps the chickens are coming home to roost. The reason there is no WLM is white people seem not to care. They may be so afraid of black men that they are willing to sacrifice a little humanity in trade for a false sense of security.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:28 PM

811 posts, read 550,244 times
First of all, Black Lives Matter is a movement that is a pawn by white supremacists. It isn't actually a movement that is for blacks as it seems, it is another liberal-backed group by rich white supremacists such as George Soros (who is in cahoots with Hillary, another white supremacist) to do what they want and use them how they see fit (such as when they crashed Bernie Sanders' rally, most likely Hillary's call)

Second of all, all of you saying this whole "no snitch" mentality is why people don't care are stupid. I hate when you all who live miles away from these environments in your white-picket-fenced suburbs claim to be such experts and act like you know what you're talking about for places you've never stpped foot in. People don't "snitch" to the police because in these neighborhoods it's a small community, and if it is reveleaed that you spoke to police, you may be killed. So excuse the 11 year old boy that witnessed a shooting in front of him and is a little hesitant to speak up, because one he leaves the station that day he knows it may get tossed around "I saw him talk to the cops, let's go kill him".

I see every day in the hood people that try to help in the smallest of ways and make things better but you all don't care when people fund the community center to keep kids off the street. Or when the local barbers have back-to-school drives at the end of summer to give the kids school supplies and free haircuts to remind them school is important. Or the rallies by mothers and grandmothers to stop the violence. None of that matters to you all because Fox won't show it

Lastly, in case you all didn't know, there is a difference between a police officer who is paid by the community to uphold the law and use NECESSARY force against suspects, and then the criminal that is doing crimes. We hold police to a higher standard, I shouldn't expect to be tackled and beat for jay-walking. I shouldn't be killed by gangs but again, outlaws are just that, outlaws.

Whites commit the most violent crimes in this country (it is on the FBI's website if you don't believe me) and yet they have no problem ignoring "white on white crime"

I hope there is a day whites and blacks realize it is best to just avoid each other in any way possible. The only time I interact with whites is when I go to the store to make a transaction, and they should do the same for us. These problems wouldn't be as bad.

Old 12-05-2015, 05:33 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
Quote:
Great. [Start dialogue]. We're not at the point where there's consensus among the people with power that there's even endemic racial bias in our criminal justice system. Until we reach consensus, any talk of solutions to deal with it, is premature.
So... Now what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies