Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 06:35 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,931 times

Advertisements

She's too old to join at 40. Seriously sweet gig.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 07:39 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Feminism in action.....

Maybe we should quit trying to pretend that we are all equal. We each have our strengths, and we each have our weaknesses. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging our differences.

If I'm in danger of burning up in a fire and need rescued or carried out, I don't want a woman coming to try and save the day. Of course I'll be called a sexist for acknowledging the basic fact that women are not anatomically as strong as men.
Instead of saying you don't want a woman, you can say you want "ANYBODY" able to carry you to safety. If that's a man or a woman, makes no difference.
Obviously, it's much more likely a guy can carry a 155 pound woman like myself, than most women.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:54 PM

17,622 posts, read 17,682,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Reminds me of an incident in the Navy. I was TDY on board the USS Abraham Lincoln which had female sailors onboard. One afternoon I was making my way down from the bridge in the island structure when I heard grunting and groaning and swearing. I came across a female struggling with a portable submersible pump trying to get it up to the 08 level. I offered to help and she said "Oh because I am a female I can't handle it". My response was that I saw a shipmate having difficulties and I wanted to help. Then I asked what her rate is and she said damage control "person". I said hump that thing up by yourself and left.

I did that in the form of an order since I was an E6 and she was an E2.
Yep. I was an MM2 and saw such things first hand. After my injury I began failing the run test. My failing time was a high passing time for women. I was also my division's DCPO. Had to carry 40 something pound CO2 extinguishers up four ladders and back down those same ladders. Worse was being the repair locker investigator carrying that gear up and down ladders for hours during GITMO shake down drills.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:54 AM

59,079 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Until we fill jobs in a gender-blind (and race-blind) way, there can NEVER be fairness in hiring. No sane person would deny a job to someone who can do that job, simply because of gender (or race)--even without the threat of lawsuits.

The problem is that Progressives want the workforce of a highly demanding job to exactly reflect the demographics of the general population. Just because you are in a group that gets special protections from our legal system, doesn't mean you should get the pay and status of ANY job you want, without having to put in the hours, skills development, and intellectual dedication that job requires of anyone NOT in a protected group.

You can't fix historical discrimination by imposing reverse discrimination today.
I could tell LOTS of stories like this!

" Progressives want the workforce of a highly demanding job to exactly reflect the demographics of the general population"

ONLY when THEY DON"T have to follow the same laws.

I'd bet not ONE dem has a staff that is totally PC.

We KNOW hillary pays her women LESS then the men.

With them it is ALWAYS "Do as I say NOT as I DO.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:38 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Equality. Diversity. A joke of a citizenry.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:44 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,094,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Firefighter who flunked physical injured 10 days into job
A firefighter who was allowed to graduate the Fire Academy despite failing physical tests has already gone out on medical leave — just 10 days into the job, The Post has learned.

Probationary firefighter Choeurlyne Doirin-Holder injured herself Monday while conducting a routine check of equipment at Queens’ Engine 308 in South Richmond Hill. Getting off the truck, Doirin-Holder missed a step and landed on her left foot, suffering a fracture, sources said.

Firefighters called the tripping incident embarrassing — and alarming.

“If you’re going to get hurt in the firehouse checking a rig, what would happen at a fire?” an insider asked.

She also could not pass a functional test, and the 1.5 mile run. The run was shortened, and she still did not pass.
Doirin-Holder, who turns 40 this month, is one of 282 “priority hires” passed over in 1999 and 2000. Federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis ordered they must get preference as victims of past discrimination against minorities.

I'm sorry - the standards are there for a reason. You can get yourself or someone else killed if you can't do the job.

Then there's this...
Since she was injured on duty, she is eligible for a disability pension that would pay three-quarters of her annual salary, tax-free, if deemed unfit to return.
The idea of priority hires for police, fire, and in the military is a safety hazard. I'm all for it if the woman can pass male standards, but **** like this is a joke and will lead to injuries and or deaths. These aren't paper pushing jobs where you can isolate them in a cubicle. I sincerely hope the people that push this non-sense suffer because of it, and I give condolences in advance for others that suffer in an inevitable tragedy because of it.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:05 PM

59,079 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
The idea of priority hires for police, fire, and in the military is a safety hazard. I'm all for it if the woman can pass male standards, but **** like this is a joke and will lead to injuries and or deaths. These aren't paper pushing jobs where you can isolate them in a cubicle. I sincerely hope the people that push this non-sense suffer because of it, and I give condolences in advance for others that suffer in an inevitable tragedy because of it.
"The idea of priority hires for police, fire, and in the military is a safety hazard."

As well as MANY other jobs that require a certain amount physicality.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:56 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Firefighter who flunked physical injured 10 days into job
A firefighter who was allowed to graduate the Fire Academy despite failing physical tests has already gone out on medical leave — just 10 days into the job, The Post has learned.

Probationary firefighter Choeurlyne Doirin-Holder injured herself Monday while conducting a routine check of equipment at Queens’ Engine 308 in South Richmond Hill. Getting off the truck, Doirin-Holder missed a step and landed on her left foot, suffering a fracture, sources said.

Firefighters called the tripping incident embarrassing — and alarming.

“If you’re going to get hurt in the firehouse checking a rig, what would happen at a fire?” an insider asked.
She also could not pass a functional test, and the 1.5 mile run. The run was shortened, and she still did not pass.
Doirin-Holder, who turns 40 this month, is one of 282 “priority hires” passed over in 1999 and 2000. Federal Judge Nicholas Garaufis ordered they must get preference as victims of past discrimination against minorities.
I'm sorry - the standards are there for a reason. You can get yourself or someone else killed if you can't do the job.

Then there's this...
Since she was injured on duty, she is eligible for a disability pension that would pay three-quarters of her annual salary, tax-free, if deemed unfit to return.

Sooner or later reality steps in.

Old 08-07-2016, 03:03 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Oh please... Like men never get hurt on the job. I guess they just put a bandaid on it, bite on a stick and go about their day.

Old 08-07-2016, 04:33 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The idea of priority hires for police, fire, and in the military is a safety hazard."

As well as MANY other jobs that require a certain amount physicality.
Don't forget medical admissions. Because you want the doctor with mediocre grades and sub par testing results to work on you because of gender or skin color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies