Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2015, 01:50 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Anyone who just smashes a beer in the face out of nowhere is an animal.
I don't care where the politics is on this for some people, that is not a normal action.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:50 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Ask your self or google why rape victims have so much fear.
why would that be relevant?

was she raped?

Old 12-01-2015, 02:06 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,599 times
Expect more of this happening because of ISIS and the refugee controversy.

It's sad, But expect more violence against Muslims to occur.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:09 PM

27,565 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Why should she fear returning when so many defended and helped her?
Perhaps because, in spite of the good samaritans, this was still a hate crime committed against her. She was targeted because she was speaking a foreign language and pretty much certainly also because of her ethnic/religious characteristics.

Such an attitude can be shared and contagious, unfortunately.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:16 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Perhaps because, in spite of the good samaritans, this was still a hate crime committed against her. She was targeted because she was speaking a foreign language and pretty much certainly also because of her ethnic/religious characteristics.

Such an attitude can be shared and contagious, unfortunately.
Actually, I think it was a drunk crime.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:19 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Ask your self or google why rape victims have so much fear.
She was raped with the beer mug??

Old 12-01-2015, 02:31 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Not to blame the victim, but everyone could learn something from this:

Quote:
The muttering soon turned into loud verbal jabs. “In America, we speak English,” the couple told Jama’s group. “Go home!”

Jama stood up and confronted the pair, and a loud argument ensued. The commotion brought restaurant managers. As they moved to eject Burchard-Risch, she threw a drink on Jama.
Here's where she screwed up.

She and her party should have gotten the restaurant's management involved after they began to be harassed. Either that, or one of them pay the bill at the bar or hostess's station while the others leave. Either that, or call the police. Etc.

There are lots of ways they could have handled this situation better than they did. The worst thing to do is to stand up and confront an intoxicated racist.

And before anyone says it...yes, I've been involved in a similar situation that didn't end with someone smashing a beer mug in my face.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:15 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Not to blame the victim, but everyone could learn something from this:

Here's where she screwed up.

She and her party should have gotten the restaurant's management involved after they began to be harassed. Either that, or one of them pay the bill at the bar or hostess's station while the others leave. Either that, or call the police. Etc.

There are lots of ways they could have handled this situation better than they did. The worst thing to do is to stand up and confront an intoxicated racist.

And before anyone says it...yes, I've been involved in a similar situation that didn't end with someone smashing a beer mug in my face.
How can you be sure that the drunk wouldn't have just came over in the face with the beer mug after management told her to calm down?

You can't. We weren't there. I agree with you that she shouldn't have confronted her.HATERS ARE GOING TO HATE! No matter the logic in their faces. Very likely it would have escalated any way it went. The res. management supports the victim. I have been the one targeted by some guys that wanted to just make fun of a gimp and if you are targeted then no matter what you do even the smartest way is going to lead to trouble. I got up from my table with a fork in my hand and walked up to the booth they were in and said with a big smile which one of you wants it? The whole room got silent. No punk said anything. i then said if you want more **** just come and follow me out of town and i will take care of you punks!
I thought it was my ass for sure and that they would get me in the parking lot(see the gimp run!) but they didn't show their faces. I sure felt lucky because any one of them could have easily knocked me down and stomped my head.
I have since learned to see it coming and get out of dodge quick. Although i did use a Stun gun Pedophile once! That felt good!

Old 12-01-2015, 06:35 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That would be a start. I could never understand why Mooslims come to this country, and continue to dress like they are in the Middle East. When was the last time you saw a Japanese woman in a Kimono?
In most European countries, women go topless at the beach. I'm wondering how many American women would move to France, for instance, and instantly consider doing that. And what the French would think of her if she doesn't.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:46 PM

314 posts, read 400,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Here is a thought. Lose the Muslim garb.
Here is a thought, lose the racist attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies