Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 03:04 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times

Advertisements

If you believe those numbers, you probably believe that unemployment nationwide is around 5% as the government tells us.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:04 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Yeah, she's gonna act like it some secret (it's not...all good colleges will tell you and most will have links on their websites, its certainly not protected information), or act like I'm trying to find out where she is or some other nonsense.

Dodge! Parry! Thrust!
Even if you had an answer, I don't understand why your question matters in the first place.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:07 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Even if you had an answer, I don't understand why your question matters in the first place.
Intellectual curiosity. She specifically mentions the college that she works at and how so many of the Millenial graduates are getting jobs. I just want to know what the trend is. Higher, lower, stay the same? Which school.

Talking with her is more interesting than reading the numbers from that article. Higher education is a hobby of mine. Job placement, graduations rates, distance and online learning are all things that I'm keenly interested in.

She can go back to emoting in other threads, she's under no obligation to answer my questions.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:11 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Intellectual curiosity. She specifically mentions the college that she works at and how so many of the Millenial graduates are getting jobs. I just want to know what the trend is. Higher, lower, stay the same? Which school.

Talking with her is more interesting than reading the numbers from that article. Higher education is a hobby of mine. Job placement, graduations rates, distance and online learning are all things that I'm keenly interested in.

She can go back to emoting in other threads, she's under no obligation to answer my questions.
ok, fair enough.

if i was in her shoes i wouldn't give out detailed info either, but then, i probably wouldn't go around talking about my workplace in the first place.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:18 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
A large amount are not even making to that magic number; Death rate on the rise for middle-aged white Americans
Fat kills, but getting fat is a personal choice in most cases.

I'm glad for the younger generation finding jobs, and for the Boomers being able to retire. If the theory about the reason for this is true, then this trend is just beginning, and will last for a long time.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
ok, fair enough.

if i was in her shoes i wouldn't give out detailed info either, but then, i probably wouldn't go around talking about my workplace in the first place.
Telling me which school it is is not very detailed information. And like you mentioned she brought it up, I'm just curious. I understand her reluctance to answer, I'm pretty handy with the research and I read a lot of articles about this stuff.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Fat kills, but getting fat is a personal choice in most cases.

I'm glad for the younger generation finding jobs, and for the Boomers being able to retire. If the theory about the reason for this is true, then this trend is just beginning, and will last for a long time.
Fat? You didn't read the article? Black people and Hispanics have a higher Obesity rate than White people, more of them would be dying off if "Fat" was the reason.

Anyway, doesn't matter I suppose.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:23 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
Quote:
OK, which HBCU is it and I'll look them up myself.
You got jokes. Just know that it is a HBCU in the west, north, east, and south!

Old 11-30-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
You got jokes. Just know that it is a HBCU in the west, north, east, and south!
It's OK.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:27 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
You'll never get an answer to that. People make stuff up and post it as true. Then, when they're questioned, they'll deflect and slither away.
No, I am not going to reveal anything other than general information about my career. There is no need to make anything up and I for one do not find it difficult to keep it real, which translates into being truthful with others. In all honesty you all are social media onlookers and will not be privileged to all that I share with authentic family and friends. How dare you ask such personal questions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies