Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 06:33 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

Most citizens never will check timelines like foreigners will check on USCIS and after we came here and went through the system which took years to get green cards/citizenship we still know others who are dealing with the same path and time lines.

I just checked for someone I know I-765 time line which is for an EAD which means Employment Authorization Card or like most people will call it work permit which is temporary until a green card is approved.

But for people here on asylum and which means that asylum doesn't have to be approved as an EAD can be applied for during the process, they will be able to get a work permit in approx. 3 weeks!

If you now think about the Syrian refugees in Europe and amongst them are terrorists, than it scares me to think that others have to wait months or years or are not allowed to work while someone applying as a refugee with perhaps not a background that can clearly be checked but able to get a job after a week or 3!

I was shocked to discover this on USCIS website and wanted to share that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 06:41 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Most citizens never will check timelines like foreigners will check on USCIS and after we came here and went through the system which took years to get green cards/citizenship we still know others who are dealing with the same path and time lines.

I just checked for someone I know I-765 time line which is for an EAD which means Employment Authorization Card or like most people will call it work permit which is temporary until a green card is approved.

But for people here on asylum and which means that asylum doesn't have to be approved as an EAD can be applied for during the process, they will be able to get a work permit in approx. 3 weeks!

If you now think about the Syrian refugees in Europe and amongst them are terrorists, than it scares me to think that others have to wait months or years or are not allowed to work while someone applying as a refugee with perhaps not a background that can clearly be checked but able to get a job after a week or 3!

I was shocked to discover this on USCIS website and wanted to share that.
There is a fundamental difference between refuge and someone leaving a poor country to come here for work.

I don't totally understand the terminology and a link to this information would be helpful. But with the info you've given I see nothing wrong with refuges getting in quicker.

*Since there is no link and no clear definition of refugee I'm not just talking about Syria (which should be it's own category with immigration) I'm referring to the overall refuge process and the fact that most refuges are in dire need to get here or their life is at risk.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:45 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,274 times
We don't know anything about these Syrian refugees, whether they belong to ISIS or one of the hundreds of other Islamic terror organizations.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rrorist_groups

The suicidal West is letting in a Trojan Horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4LmGPg8ScQ

Old 11-30-2015, 07:08 PM

To me the main issue is that when someone applies for asylum how can within 3 weeks a background be determined to allow someone to get into the work force over here. I would assume more leg work is needed to even allow someone getting a job especially when so many are still jobless.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:19 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,617 times
Like I said, there's no link and I don't understand all the terminology. Is there anything other than a work visa they can get? Is it a special visa? The 3 weeks makes sense in terms of getting someone out of a potentially deadly situation.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Like I said, there's no link and I don't understand all the terminology. Is there anything other than a work visa they can get? Is it a special visa? The 3 weeks makes sense in terms of getting someone out of a potentially deadly situation.
Legal aliens have to wait way longer while everything can be checked as they came here with paperwork and they have to wait longer... that doesn't make sense to me.

I'm in favor of helping real refugees, not economic refugees as they can pay for a visa and can pay to come in the right way but why do we have to give what other countries don't give right away and shouldn't there be more time to find out who is lying and who is in real need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies