Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2015, 10:40 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I have done just fine without a gun so far, I don't need to live in a state of constant fear.
I bet you don't have a fire extinguisher in your house either, since you don't want to live in a state of constant fear.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:43 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
There was a gun battle with refugees in California a short time after you made your post. Hello?
Proof?

Old 12-02-2015, 10:50 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Ted Kennedys car killed more people than any of my guns.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunswithguns View Post
You still didn't answer the question.

99.9999% of Americans have been fine and have never had to defend themselves from terrorists, your only stating the obvious. But its not just terrorists, houses are invaded, people are assaulted, robbed, raped. Our forefathers gave us the right to protect ourselves, you obviously don't care about that right, though you might once your staring down a barrel. I, and many many other, care a lot about that right.
I don't live in fear like you seem to do.....that is the best you are gonna get for an answer. Though if someone already has a gun pointed at you, it is probably already too late, though most of the time you aren't going to have your gun already in your hand.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
And 1 state right under his. My question to him or any other gun-hating poster here. If it happened to be that you were very close to that shooting area, would you rather be armed?

or prefer to not to be?

...serious question, a yes or no response is all that is needed.
That is like saying Georgia is right under New York when you look at the distance.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:54 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,060 times
Quote:
Have you heard of supply and demand? When demand exceeds supply, that causes shortages. The government doesn't cause shortages, consumers do, and consumers that think the government is gonna take away their guns is the perfect person to be running to the gun store to buy up what they need.
That nonsense spewed by the NRA and some idiots on the right did that so what you had was a bunch of gullible nitwits believing Obama was going to take their guns and it worked.

I'm a CCW holder, have been since Dubya, and I personally know gun store owners who have made way more money under Obama than any president before them combined, in front of large groups of people they'll rip Obama like the good Repubs they are, but one on one, poker games, hunting, shooting, they can't believe how much money they have made since he became president. New homes, business expansions, new trucks, 14ft duck boats sold for 26ft duck hunting yachts, all while under the guise of Obama is destroying gun ownership in the US, lol.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:56 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,404,220 times
Quote:
That is like saying Georgia is right under New York when you look at the distance.
You mean you have never had any instances in your home state? or in your home city?

Old 12-02-2015, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
That nonsense spewed by the NRA and some idiots on the right did that so what you had was a bunch of gullible nitwits believing Obama was going to take their guns and it worked.

I'm a CCW holder, have been since Dubya, and I personally know gun store owners who have made way more money under Obama than any president before them combined, in front of large groups of people they'll rip Obama like the good Repubs they are, but one on one, poker games, hunting, shooting, they can't believe how much money they have made since he became president. New homes, business expansions, new trucks, 14ft duck boats sold for 26ft duck hunting yachts, all while under the guise of Obama is destroying gun ownership in the US, lol.
I am sure they have made a lot of money with Obama in office because it is easy to profit off suckers when they are afraid of things.....though the rest of your post is just rambling on about nothing....

Old 12-02-2015, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
You mean you have never had any instances in your home state? or in your home city?
That I have been involved in, no. Has there been shootings in my state and city? Sure, you could say that about any state and city in this country. I still don't fear for my life.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:26 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,404,220 times
Quote:
I still don't fear for my life.
That's good really, but I don't actually fear for my life either.

Kind of like the Fire Extinguisher point made a little earlier.

It's just nice to have if you ever need it.

Also want to say that, we or myself anyway are not trying to convince everyone out there to go out and buy a Gun, just try to understand why some of us prefer them.

And not all of us carry. Home protection is the main idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies