Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 06:11 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,667,815 times

Advertisements

Sadly its true..

Old 12-04-2015, 06:12 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,667,815 times
Some cultures are inferior and don't work.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:51 AM

906 posts, read 712,170 times
Are some cultures superior to others? Yes, I think so. Is that hierarchy unshakeable? Not even close to it...

Western notions of civility are tied up in the flight instinct...in the Western mind it is civil, just, progressive, more intelligent to flee as a survival technique. In Africa, fleeing is cowardly, fighting is more right. This is reflective of the "out of Africa" theory. People more prone to flee would leave, those more prone to fight would stay. When those who left Africa left, they left not from a sense of adventure and curiosity..though it is depicted as such..they left out of necessity. They left because they were being out competed by those who stayed. Because that's how life works. As they left, they encountered harsher and harsher environments and had to devise ways to continue their flight...this is what is now characterized as intelligence.

It is in just that way when America and Australia were being migrated to, the ones willing to migrate were those who were being out competed in Europe. The wealthy had no reason to leave..so they largely didn't.

My problem is, I'm half black African and half white American, so I see things for what they really are. The truth isn't kind sometimes..

Is African culture inferior to white American culture? Being in my position, I can pretty authoritatively answer no. In some ways, yes..others, no. Overall, the answer is no, neither is superior. Are the outcomes of white American culture superior to that of black African culture? The answer is obviously yes. What is the difference? Figure it out! Haha, that's a good thought exercise for people

Most won't accept the truth even though they aren't in any position to see it for themselves. Obviously, I'm wrong. Obviously they can speak better from their own one dimensional perspective...

Ah well, that's people for you. I just need my wife, kthanxbye

Old 12-04-2015, 07:43 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,818,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
Are some cultures superior to others? Yes, I think so. Is that hierarchy unshakeable? Not even close to it...

Western notions of civility are tied up in the flight instinct...in the Western mind it is civil, just, progressive, more intelligent to flee as a survival technique. In Africa, fleeing is cowardly, fighting is more right. This is reflective of the "out of Africa" theory. People more prone to flee would leave, those more prone to fight would stay. When those who left Africa left, they left not from a sense of adventure and curiosity..though it is depicted as such..they left out of necessity. They left because they were being out competed by those who stayed. Because that's how life works. As they left, they encountered harsher and harsher environments and had to devise ways to continue their flight...this is what is now characterized as intelligence.

It is in just that way when America and Australia were being migrated to, the ones willing to migrate were those who were being out competed in Europe. The wealthy had no reason to leave..so they largely didn't.

My problem is, I'm half black African and half white American, so I see things for what they really are. The truth isn't kind sometimes..

Is African culture inferior to white American culture? Being in my position, I can pretty authoritatively answer no. In some ways, yes..others, no. Overall, the answer is no, neither is superior. Are the outcomes of white American culture superior to that of black African culture? The answer is obviously yes. What is the difference? Figure it out! Haha, that's a good thought exercise for people

Most won't accept the truth even though they aren't in any position to see it for themselves. Obviously, I'm wrong. Obviously they can speak better from their own one dimensional perspective...

Ah well, that's people for you. I just need my wife, kthanxbye
I am assuming you are speaking about "America" as a country. What "African" countries are you speaking about? Africa is a continent made up of many different countries and tribes of people who have various cultures. There is no "African culture." That is like saying Canadians, USA citizens, Carribbeans, including Cuba, and Mexicans all have the same culture due to us being in "North America."

Old 12-04-2015, 07:47 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,646,926 times
any culture that needs to constantly tell others it is superior is weak and insecure.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:49 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,646,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Western, white European culture is superior to all other cultures.

Anyone who reads history will understand that.
are you white?

Old 12-04-2015, 07:56 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,818,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
any culture that needs to constantly tell others it is superior is weak and insecure.
ITA with this.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:51 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,491 times
Quote:
so why is the US going around the world nation building... toppling governments... insecure.... greedy?? NWO!!

Old 12-04-2015, 08:54 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,524 times
Yes. Clearly.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:46 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,170,941 times
Quote:
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies