Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 08:03 AM

27,544 posts, read 28,630,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Is it fair to say first world countries (both west and east) are superior to third world countries? I think it is.

So yes, I believe in the concept of superior culture.
It is not a static thing. Many developing nations have gotten richer in recent decades: South Korea, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, China, Turkey, for example. Many previously poor nations have developed areas of relative wealth.

Therefore, cultures and societies change over time.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:05 AM

39,204 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It is not a static thing. Many developing nations have gotten richer in recent decades: South Korea, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, China, Turkey, for example. Many previously poor nations have developed areas of relative wealth.

South Korea is a first world country.

Never said it is a static thing. But first world countries are superior to third world countries. Hey if one day, Syria becomes the first world country, and America becomes the third world country, then Syria culture is superior to American culture. But we all know this is not happening.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:06 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
It is not a static thing. Many developing nations have gotten richer in recent decades: South Korea, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, China, Turkey, for example.

They all have one thing in common, family is important as is hard work. The US used to lead the world in family strength and unity. Now the cancer of liberalism is eating that from within. There are still hard workers here but we are getting old and becoming less and less. I have 5 kids, every single one of them has a degree and sits behind a desk for work. I guess I didn't do a good job of passing on the work ethic either, even though my sons would not be afraid to gut and remodel their houses if they have to, of course I would be there helping.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:08 AM

27,544 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
South Korea is a first world country.
But it was a poor country as recently as the 1960s.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:11 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
'Crusades are Christian, but ISIS has nothing to do with Islam' - Obama

Left are the apologists and allies of Islam.
That doesn't change the fact that conservatives and ISIS have much more in common.

In fact, your reference has nothing at all to do with my post.

So, leftists are 'apologists'? That must mean that the members of ISIS are also apologists. Are they?

Old 12-02-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
But it was a poor country as recently as the 1960s.
It is a first world country now, mostly due to Korean culture. Korean culture is a very superior culture (for lack of a better word) Like I said, there are characters of superior culture. Korean culture has many of those characters, one element of superior culture is the ability to bounce back from ANY natural or man made disaster.

There are countries (cultures) able to rebuild their countries from ashes, (we all know who they are) There are cultures (countries) not able to.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:14 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yep, that is correct. That is why liberals tend to vote against women's rights, gay rights, and minority rights.

I guess you missed it. He posted that he was a liberal.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:16 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Are all superior cultures built from inferior cultures? A pillaging, plundering, warring and enslaving culture has often captured/taken the land and resources which allows it to accumulate economic security and wealth to the degree that it allows the culture to change from pillaging, plundering and enslavement (after it has taken everything).

Here is the thing, the OP talks about how the current American culture is superior to past American culture. I disagree. I do not think that the current American culture could exist the way it does without the inferior practices of Americas past culture. If a culture builds itself up by doing wrong, then stops doing the wrong (at least domestically), the culture only changes because of a necessity shift. Our culture today is not superior to our culture of the past; rather, there is just no necessity or need to enslave our own citizens in 2015, while in impoverished agrarian based cultures, there is still an economic benefit to enslaving people. It’s not that our culture is superior to theirs because we don’t do that NOW, because our culture did it when we were an agrarian based economy……but have no need to do it as a highly mechanized information based economy.

Necessity and environment are big influences on culture and because one culture does something that another does not do does not make is inferior or superior because one culture may not have a necessity to do it.....but would do it if it became a necessity or need.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:19 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
I guess you missed it. He posted that he was a liberal.
I must have missed that.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:25 AM

Need to add: I don't want to name any superior cultures because I don't think superior culture should be confused with nationalism. Nationalism is a total disaster historically speaking.

But I do believe German culture is one of the superior culture. Austerity, discipline, industriousness, modesty, punctuality, obedience, honesty, cleanliness, directness, make for a very efficient society. Most German people living in Germany, are kind, generous, very witty, and hard workers.

Please don't believe Nazi has ANYTHING to do with German culture, The Romantic era of Classical music gave birth to handful of famous Germans, most notably Ludwig van Beethoven, whose nine symphonies are considered by many to be his greatest works. and When it comes to virtual art, German culture is also dominating art industry, some examples are Otto Dix, Albrecht Dürer, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies