Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 11:47 AM

27,547 posts, read 28,630,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Progressives seem to be intent on protecting the right of moderate muslims to destroy progressives secular lifestyles.
You seem to be pretty interested in moderate muslims (in America) and their beliefs.

Do you have any sources to back up your statements about them?

Old 12-02-2015, 11:51 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Only for you.
You are unaware of the sweeping hatred that informs that remark? You are the one who introduces Hitler into the conversation, while trying to suggest that it's not conservatives who inject Hitler into the conversation?

The irony here is overwhelming, and heartbreaking as well.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:04 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The irony of this statement is breathtaking...
Quote:
Only for you.
Nah, count me as a member of the 'staring at irony' crowd.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:04 PM

6,569 posts, read 6,732,860 times
Quote:
You are unaware of the sweeping hatred that informs that remark? You are the one who introduces Hitler into the conversation, while trying to suggest that it's not conservatives who inject Hitler into the conversation?

The irony here is overwhelming, and heartbreaking as well.
Sorry to break your heart, but the left in this nation is unhinged. Their irrational hatred of conservatives is manifest. That's what the OP is trying to understand. Why do the left gravitate to totalitarian movements. My contention is that the left has been groomed to despise conservatives to the point of irrationality.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Sorry to break your heart, but the left in this nation is unhinged. Their irrational hatred of conservatives is manifest. That's what the OP is trying to understand. Why do the left gravitate to totalitarian movements. My contention is that the left has been groomed to despise conservatives to the point of irrationality.
As a left-leaning individual, I have no hatred for conservatives at all. But your remarks on this thread are full of hatred.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:08 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
TODAY liberals are all hot and bothered to protect islam. Conservatives seem to have come to the conclusion that even moderate islam is a danger to things like the LGBT community and to women and to anyone who might engage in a trip to a pub in the afternoon with friends...etc...

you know, typical liberal secular LIFE...
Conservatives seem extremely prone to paranoid thinking and seem very unhappy when they have nothing to fear on their plate.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:08 PM

6,569 posts, read 6,732,860 times
Quote:
As a left-leaning individual, I have no hatred for conservatives at all. But your remarks on this thread are full of hatred.
Grow up. I'm simply pointing out the motivation to the OP's question of why the left in this nation acts in the way it does.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Grow up. I'm simply pointing out the motivation to the OP's question of why the left in this nation acts in the way it does.
I am grown up.

I'm simply pointing out that the motivation that you offered is nonsense.

I'm a liberal, I don't hate conservatives. Many of the people I know are liberals, and none of them hate conservatives. Some are even married to conservatives.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:03 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
I've never understood why liberals seem to bend over backwards to apologize for or at the least ignore aspects of Islamic culture that stand against everything they believe in.
Women's rights, gay rights, freedom of speech, secularism .. all of these fare very poorly even under moderate Islamic culture.
In a sense, it is one of the most hyper-conservative cultures on the planet, yet liberals seem to ignore this and take umbrage whenever it is pointed out.
What liberals are endorsing or condoning this stuff? Do you have an example so we can fully understand what you are declaring?

BTW, the conservative Islamic culture seems to align nicely with the right wing conservative Christian culture in the US, yes? Obviously the Christians can't go as far legally but they do try. We had a nice lawyer here in CA try to get a initiative on the ballot that would make it legal to kill lesbians and gays. Luckily, we live here and minorities have better protection from the likes of this fellow.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:19 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
What liberals are endorsing or condoning this stuff? Do you have an example so we can fully understand what you are declaring?

BTW, the conservative Islamic culture seems to align nicely with the right wing conservative Christian culture in the US, yes? Obviously the Christians can't go as far legally but they do try. We had a nice lawyer here in CA try to get a initiative on the ballot that would make it legal to kill lesbians and gays. Luckily, we live here and minorities have better protection from the likes of this fellow.
Muslims overwhelmingly vote Left in every Western country they live in. No coincidence that the Left supports it in every thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies