Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2015, 04:05 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The bolded is what we gun owners have been trying to tell others on here. You think you're going to incapacitate the active shooter by yelling at him? What are you going to yell? "Snap out of it" ?

If you life is in imminent danger, and you're being told to incapacitate the active shooter, no better way than shooting the piece of crap dead. I'll guarantee you that will work a lot better than throwing a white board eraser at him.

But that will not happen because too many people oppose more weapons. That is why I am seeking middle ground. How many pages does City Data have talking about gun control? Have you ever agreed on anything with the other side? We need to do something now and not tomorrow.

We spend millions (maybe billions) training special response teams and other police units how to respond to these attacks. I would like to see them still trained; but their training to be more focuses along the lines of how to command the situation that is already over (how to bring order out of the chaos). I would like to see some of our money go to train the next victims. So; how do we train the public? It could be short lectures/courses in HS or College or maybe online publications - anything that teaches the public to take action (besides yelling). Most of Homeland Security's focus is for victims to call 911 - of course they will be victims if that is all they think about!

Old 12-05-2015, 04:06 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
But that will not happen because too many people oppose more weapons. That is why I am seeking middle ground. How many pages does City Data have talking about gun control? Have you ever agreed on anything with the other side? We need to do something now and not tomorrow.

We spend millions (maybe billions) training special response teams and other police units how to respond to these attacks. I would like to see them still trained; but their training to be more focuses along the lines of how to command the situation that is already over (how to bring order out of the chaos). I would like to see some of our money go to train the next victims. So; how do we train the public? It could be short lectures/courses in HS or College or maybe online publications - anything that teaches the public to take action (besides yelling). Most of Homeland Security's focus is for victims to call 911 - of course they will be victims if that is all they think about!
I've agreed with a few things "on the other side" but absolutely not about gun control.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:16 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Again. It's going to work a lot better than a dry eraser and yelling.
the guns in the cases I mentioned worked as well as the dry eraser and yelling.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:19 AM

Quote:
I've agreed with a few things "on the other side" but absolutely not about gun control.

I originally suggested allowing more to be armed with one shot Tasers. There is fear, in our Country, that more heavily armed civilians will lead to more mass shootings and they might be right. We have had 'trained' people that have become 'domestic' terrorist. So, if you only have a one shot capability with a (generally non-lethal weapon); the opposition to gun control does not have the same fear.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:25 AM

Quote:
I originally suggested allowing more to be armed with one shot Tasers. There is fear, in our Country, that more heavily armed civilians will lead to more mass shootings and they might be right. We have had 'trained' people that have become 'domestic' terrorist. So, if you only have a one shot capability with a (generally non-lethal weapon); the opposition to gun control does not have the same fear.
No.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:36 AM

Quote:
No.

Would you rather listen to Loretta Lynch: (Loretta Lynch Vows to Prosecute Those Who Use 'Anti-Muslim' Speech That 'Edges Toward Violence' | Daily Wire.) According to that article she was quoted as saying: "We’re at the point where these issues have come together really like never before in law enforcement thought and in our nation’s history and it gives us a wonderful opportunity and a wonderful moment to really make significant change."

She is more concerned about citizens saying anything about radical Muslims than she has concerns for the victims. I'm glad she had such a "wonderful opportunity" - it's too bad the victims don't feel that way.

Old 12-05-2015, 05:31 AM

2,960 posts, read 3,528,276 times
Quote:
Would you rather listen to Loretta Lynch: (Loretta Lynch Vows to Prosecute Those Who Use 'Anti-Muslim' Speech That 'Edges Toward Violence' | Daily Wire.) According to that article she was quoted as saying: "We’re at the point where these issues have come together really like never before in law enforcement thought and in our nation’s history and it gives us a wonderful opportunity and a wonderful moment to really make significant change."

She is more concerned about citizens saying anything about radical Muslims than she has concerns for the victims. I'm glad she had such a "wonderful opportunity" - it's too bad the victims don't feel that way.
Loretta Lynch is a piece of garbage.

Old 12-05-2015, 05:55 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
So much for our "robust screening process."

Old 12-05-2015, 05:57 AM

Quote:

I don't listen to her now and I still say "no".

Old 12-05-2015, 06:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
He was also a jihadist terrorist Bomb maker that killed/wounded a Lot of people. I don't think his plans to go to grad school were his priority.
Nothing before the shooting obviously linked him to terrorism.

His coworkers gave him a baby shower for crying out loud.

He claimed to be a car buff hobbies the and tinkered with cars in the detatched garage.

After the fact, it becomes obvious he had created an alternative reality for outside purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies