Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 10:32 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I just did. So tell us what new laws would keep the illegal guns out of the hands of gang members.
What makes you think these gang members bought their guns illegally?

Old 12-08-2015, 10:34 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Didn't Obama just say "no evidence of wider conspiracy”? He is such a clueless putz.

I did want to say that, at the time of that article, they did not know where that money came from. It is possible that he borrowed the money or that used his retirement funds? But, if the money came from outside sources; that would point to a larger conspiracy.

Even Obama eluded to other acts of terrorism against us in his speech. It is just that he is always a little slow on the uptake; unless he can blame guns or the White guy!

Old 12-08-2015, 10:36 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I did want to say that, at the time of that article, they did not know where that money came from. It is possible that he borrowed the money or that used his retirement funds? But, if the money came from outside sources; that would point to a larger conspiracy.

Even Obama eluded to other acts of terrorism against us in his speech. It is just that he is always a little slow on the uptake; unless he can blame guns or the White guy!
No, WE did not know where that money came from.

You think it hits the news before the administration is made aware of it ?

Old 12-08-2015, 10:52 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No, WE did not know where that money came from.

You think it hits the news before the administration is made aware of it ?

I never said that we did. All we know now is that he showed a deposit of $28,500 two weeks before the attack. We also know that he took out $15,000, in three different withdrawals for his mother (I presume to look after their child). I am surprised that that did not make the mother suspicious? Perhaps that was some of the questioning our agents were asking. He had also withdrawn $10,000 and it will be interesting to find out where that went.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:24 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What makes you think these gang members bought their guns illegally?
You cannot be taken seriously. Almost every single one of them has a felony on their record. Going to prison is a right of passage for them. They don't buy legal guns, they buy illegal ones from the hoodrat standing next to him.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:51 AM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:

Of the $28, $15k, in $5k increments, was deposited into Farook’s mommy’s account. That says she knew she’d be taking care of their baby.

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Sure you could. And the government puts a $10,000 bounty on such a weapon and locks you up for 5 years when a neighbor or friend squeals on you. If we were to ever to decide to ban fire arms most things like build your own will be easily handled.
You would love Maoist China.

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
I never said that we did. All we know now is that he showed a deposit of $28,500 two weeks before the attack. We also know that he took out $15,000, in three different withdrawals for his mother (I presume to look after their child). I am surprised that that did not make the mother suspicious? Perhaps that was some of the questioning our agents were asking. He had also withdrawn $10,000 and it will be interesting to find out where that went.
$28,500 came from Web Bank in Utah.

Web Bank uses investor funding to fund qualified loans made by Lending Tree, Pay Pal and others.
Web Bank investors have been earning a 44% return on their investments.

Assuming there is truth to the undisclosed media source of this information, it's likely Farooq took out an online loan from Lending Tree or a similar peer to peer online lender. Farook likely had a high credit score and a stable record of employment. He could have stated the purpose of the loan was a car purchase.

What makes no sense is why Farooq made three traceable transfers to his mother and withdrew $ 10,000 in cash. Why not make cash withdrawals and give mama the funds instead of creating a banking trail?

Was the intent to implicate his mother or did he not understand how banking works.

Likely mama will claim no knowledge of the transfers. She may or may not be teklling the truth.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:56 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn
Well according to the NRA and the pro-gun rhetoric, blunt objects can kill as many as assault riffles.
Figures you would call facts rhetoric....but continue....LOL....

Old 12-08-2015, 12:02 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
No. I simply pointed out that I was an engineer by training and understand the terminology in use.

My magic wand would reduce the number of firearms in the US over time to something close to zero. Never get there but close. That would vastly reduce gun deaths and make the remaining fire arms hard to get and expensive. Again though it is not workable so we make it easy for good people to have weapons.

I would also think that it may well be possible to define some limitations to rifles to make them less suitable as a mass killing weapon.

I know of no fix for pipe bombs. So if we start taking large casualties from them we will have to work something out. For that matter though the terrorists could start running over people with automobiles.
What terminology? Really...please inform us of what you understand better than others, because you are an engineer?

You would also think that as smart as you say you are, blunt object and such would be higher on your radar than those mean old black rifle/shotguns combined, because blunt object kill more than rifles and shotguns combined.....but don't let facts get in the way....

The smartest thing you have stated, there will never be a fix for any of it....until we, the United States, opens our eyes and stop worrying about being PC.....what if those neighbors were not so damn worried about being called a bigot or whatever they were called in fear of turning those 2 in, those 14 could still be alive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies