Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2015, 12:07 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

CNN now reporting they were radicalized before they ever meet.......whooooohoooooo let's let more in.....

Old 12-09-2015, 12:15 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
When Prosper started 10 years ago, borrower's pictures and stories/reasons for borrowing were visible. They have since changed their practice.
I am not familiar with Prosper's original business model. A borrower's picture and back story would only matter if an investor owned a substantial piece of the loan. Perhaps that was or is the model used for some small business loans.

Because these loans are unsecured, there is a substantial risk of default and the investor losses his principal which is not insured by the FDIC.

The individual peer to peer loan model limits an investor's exposure to a single loan. No more than $25 can be invested in a single loan.

Farooq's $28,500 unsecured loan was funded by 1,140 different investors who had no knowledge of his circumstances, not that it would have mattered before the attack.

These are securities and there is a secondary market for them.

Prosper became a publicly - traded corporation last year. They claim to be the fastest growing P2P lender while Lending Tree continues to dominate.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
CNN now reporting they were radicalized before they ever meet.......whooooohoooooo let's let more in.....
Farooq was born and raised in the US.

There are other reports that he had been planning an attack as far back as 2012, well before his search for a wife began. The two kindred spirits met online.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:30 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
The mental disconnect required to justify criminalizing gun ownership is astounding. "Well I was gonna go murder some people, but they made the gun I wanted to use illegal, so I guess I'll go bowling instead." No amount of legislation will stop these people who intend to use guns for criminal intent, but it will tie the hands of people who want to own them legally.

Criminals, who plan to do criminal things with guns, will not be deterred one bit by a gun ban. If anything, it will embolden criminals who know their victims will be far less likely to have guns to defend themselves with.

Lets use the same argument the pro-choice crowd uses:
"If you don't like guns, don't buy one."
Even more amazing is that the same people calling for tighter gun laws, registration, and bans are typically the ones who fight the most vehemently against voter ID laws. Apparently it's okay to infringe on a right which ensures our ability to defend ourselves, but it's a big nono to infringe on the right whereby we choose our leadership. Nice bit of picking and choosing.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep. Gun control/ban laws are a joke to thugs/criminals/terrorists.

Murders keep adding up for deadliest September in Chicago since 2002 | WGN-TV
When Police shut down one open air drug market, the market moves to a new block and in doing so often treads on another gang's turf and the shooting starts.

I used to volunteer at a hospital operated detox/ rehab. The consistent stories told by white suburban teens and young adults from white middle - wealth class homes about scoring Heroin in the city haunt me. They were protected while they gangs fought for turf and rights to sell their product.

Because of location, Chicago is the distribution center for the hard drug trade in the Midwest and parts of the East coast. Heroin addiction is an epidemic throughout the US.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:47 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"and the classical army definition requires selective fire'" AKA, FULLY AUTOMATIC

BINGO, we have winner.

We are talking about MILITARY weapons and the MILITARY DETERMINES DEFINITIONS.

Not Clinton, NOT Merriam's dictionary, NOT the liberal anti-gunners.

The Clinton admin "stole" the name in order to use emotion to convince the American public that "military" weapons should NOT be available to the general public.

They chose to "decieve" the American public by banning "cosmetic" things on guns to stir up EMOTIONS and the liberal media sucked it right up.

The blind anti-gunners did also and jumped on the band wagon.

Of course statistics show that AFTER the ban was put into place, NO SIGNIFICANT changes occurred as we predicted..

NO SEMI-AUTOMATIC is an "assault" weapon.

All the anti-gunners can twist and turn and come up with ANY ridiculous thing they want and it doesn't mean a thing.

It IS what it IS!
Nope. No cigar. In the wide world Merriam Webster determines. If you are having this discussion at a Pentagon meeting different outcome. But this is not the Pentagon.

Selective fire does not mean automatic. It means you can select from semi or auto. And that is the requirement. A device that did only auto would not be an assault rifle to that definition.

And I do like "Kid Whacker". Puts the thing in perspective.

Old 12-09-2015, 01:08 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Farooq was born and raised in the US.

There are other reports that he had been planning an attack as far back as 2012, well before his search for a wife began. The two kindred spirits met online.
Never said Farooq was not...

And is that not what I said?

Old 12-09-2015, 01:09 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Two years they have been taking about this and their family and friends knew nothing about it?

I don't believe that one bit. There's a cell.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...yrdom-in-2013/

Old 12-09-2015, 01:32 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Two years they have been taking about this and their family and friends knew nothing about it?

I don't believe that one bit. There's a cell.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...yrdom-in-2013/
Of course there is.

Old 12-09-2015, 02:09 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So you have no clue what MBA stands for....or you would have stated what you masters is....

You have failed....

LOL, what happens when you have lost, you flail around and try to throw crap at the wall to see what sticks....

Your failure to understand what a mass killing is, as compared to what you think it is shows how little you know about the subject.

So, lets play your stupid little game, we are talking about ONLY in the United States, yes or no question, when it come to killing with blunt objects, yes or no?

You are talking about the entire world and blunt objects and war, how f'n stupid is that, well considering it is from you, it is obvious.

Only if someone who has lost the argument, as you, would they bring up what you have tried to impose...

Blunt objects kill more in the United States, so that what our Soldiers should have when attempting to kill terrorists....Only ignorance could think anything like that, when what has been provided was ONLY for the United States....
My masters is in science (hard sciences). I know of a number of people who got their MBA online! That was how easy it was.
Couldn't have done that with my course of study. Laboratory research cannot be done via an app!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies