Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 08:35 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times

Advertisements

Apparently a Russian-speaking Islamic State militant standing on a rocky beach and holding a large knife leans over a man kneeling in an orange jumpsuit, threatens Russian President Vladimir Putin, and then calmly decapitates his hostage.

I don't think isis knows who putin is.....

ISIS takes aim at Putin, with videos showing Russian 'spy' beheading, threats to Moscow | Fox News

Now You

Old 12-02-2015, 10:47 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
They will ID him and then his family will cease to exist. Then they will find him and allow him to live somewhere air conditioning isn't needed any time of year.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:51 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
ISIS doesn't seem to care. They just attack randomly all over the world with no rhyme or reason to it.

My opinion, they've made a mistake in attacking Putin. He doesn't give a rip about human shields and if the world complains, his reaction is "Yeah, I ordered it, so what?"

Still, Russia was never able to win in Afghanistan. Maybe that is what ISIS thinks is their protection.

It's a sad state of affairs when reasonable people worldwide are all afraid of Putin yet the president of the USA is dismissed as non-consequential.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:10 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
Muhammad beheaded hundreds, good Muslims follow his example.
Sina's Challenge

Old 12-03-2015, 10:14 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
It's a sad state of affairs when reasonable people worldwide are all afraid of Putin yet the president of the USA is dismissed as non-consequential.
Um, what? You want Obama to be to be thought of like a Putin?

Sorry, I don't want a brutal butcher of a dictator who destroys my country's economy, assassinates opponents, shoots down civilian planes, invades neighboring countries, poisons journalists and kills ethnic minorities. But that's just me. I'm fine with Obama just being the President of the U.S.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default ISIS beheads Russian Spy, Threatens Russia and Putin

And lil' Putin insists on bombing Assad's non-ISIS foes...

Old 12-03-2015, 11:10 AM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Apparently a Russian-speaking Islamic State militant standing on a rocky beach and holding a large knife leans over a man kneeling in an orange jumpsuit, threatens Russian President Vladimir Putin, and then calmly decapitates his hostage.

I don't think isis knows who putin is.....

ISIS takes aim at Putin, with videos showing Russian 'spy' beheading, threats to Moscow | Fox News

Now You

"He recounts how he was recruited by the FSB, Russia's intelligence services, and how he assumed the alias of Haroon when he traveled to Syria. He adds how he was tasked with collecting information on ISIS fighters of Russian origin and especially those who wanted to return to the Caucasus region and Russia to carry out attacks."

This probably sums it all up.
As back in the eighties, American politicians employ radical Islam, hoping to achieve American geopolitical goals, and in the process to hurt Russian interests, always keeping in mind Russian volatile area of Caucasus.
Interestingly enough, the people who were hit directly as the result of the latest American attempt were Europeans. Think the wave of refugees, think Paris.
How it will affect America itself yet remains to be seeing.

P.S. Another twist in this whole story is that the decapitated "Russian" was actually a Chechen - a national from that very radicalized Islamic area of Caucasus, where Russian government reached an agreement lately, that keeps very uncertain peace for the moment being.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:52 AM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
ISIS doesn't seem to care. They just attack randomly all over the world with no rhyme or reason to it.

My opinion, they've made a mistake in attacking Putin. He doesn't give a rip about human shields and if the world complains, his reaction is "Yeah, I ordered it, so what?"

Still, Russia was never able to win in Afghanistan. Maybe that is what ISIS thinks is their protection.
That's correct.
The ISIS thinks that since radical Islam has been supported by the US in Afghanistan against Russians, this will be a case yet again and they are protected from Russians yet again.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:04 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,100,411 times
Quote:

Afghanistan: Easy to conquer, impossible to hold. Ask Alexander the Great and the British.

Craggy steep mountains, each valley with its distinct tribal population.

The people easily "melt back" into the mountains and "get conquered", then reemerge to kill the "conquerors" in guerrilla warfare. Any occupier is out of his element. The landscape favors the tribesmen, who know it intimately.

The Daesh "Caliphate", however is wide open desert.

Desert warfare is swift and broad, with no concealment except behind human shields.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:26 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Russia may go nuclear

Putin, unlike the US, is not concerned about civilians. They will use chemical weapons, and may even unleash nuclear bombs on ISIS. Yet, IMO such an ideology cannot be defeated by military means.

I think all Muslims (even those who are not extremists) need to be held accountable for the actions of their extremist segment. I'm for banning all Muslims from western countries, immediately ordering them to return the the Middle East. Their task is to eliminate the extremists among them. I know there are many Muslims who condemn the actions of ISIS and such terrorist groups, but I'm sick of such passive expressions of disapproval. They cannot return until Islam has proven itself to be civilized, and this may take 100 years or more.

We let Muslims into this country, almost on some kind of honor system. Trojan horses enter the country, assume a normal, quiet life, practicing severe separatist behavior, impersonalizing the communities they reside in. They don't seek to assimilate. When called upon to act by Islamic forces abroad, some kill. Time to take drastic measures.

I don't think any people from terrorist countries should be allowed into any western nation. Islam has proven itself unsuitable for western society IMO. Many can say the same about those who support the Klan and its ilk, who also are a tremendous detriment to the well-being of this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies