Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 08:24 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Give everyone a year to make the modification. After that any unmodified found/seen are confiscated plus given a large fine.

You'd still have your weapon, no question about that.
Oh, the irony. Talking about confiscation of guns by the government, in a discussion about why we need a 2nd Amendment.

You really can't make this stuff up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 08:26 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times

Old 12-04-2015, 08:34 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Oh, the irony. Talking about confiscation of guns by the government, in a discussion about why we need a 2nd Amendment.

You really can't make this stuff up.
Nope, you'd still have your weapons. With the modifications applied. Simple.

After all, when the 2A was written all weapons were single shot.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:35 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Give everyone a year to make the modification. After that any unmodified found/seen are confiscated plus given a large fine.

You'd still have your weapon, no question about that.
How do I modify a Beretta 92, AR-15 or any revolver into a single shot? For magazine capable weapons, do we fill the magazine with something? For a revolver, do you fill up the other five holes in the cylinder?

Old 12-04-2015, 08:42 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
If a gun can be modified to be a single shot then it can be modified back. There are people in their garage right now legally building guns. The plans are out there.
We can build a lot more than guns. Think 1000 Molotov Cocktails in a cannon.
We don't need gunpowder bullets either. There's a lot happening in protection tech.
You'll see mafia membership go through the roof if they try to take our guns away.
It will be like the prohibition against alcohol. That didn't work out so well.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:42 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
How do I modify a Beretta 92, AR-15 or any revolver into a single shot? For magazine capable weapons, do we fill the magazine with something? For a revolver, do you fill up the other five holes in the cylinder?
Yep. Whatever. Want to bet simple ways to accomplish the task wouldn't be developed?

Old 12-04-2015, 08:56 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,264 times
Ah, isn't that sweet? Some self righteous adult writes a "letter" to Santa in the guise of a child.

Tis' the Season, barf.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:26 AM

10,560 posts, read 7,763,547 times
There's no way that guns could be taken away from citizens, and no one would suggest doing such a thing.
But yes, if that miraculously happened then mass shootings would be finished.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:35 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
If the Obama presidency taught me anything, it's no way, no how do I want to have a moron like him in charge of ALL the guns in America. Imagine how tyrannical he would be then.

I'm not a gun owner and I used to be anti gun. Now I'm a 2nd amendment guy all the way. I've seen the light.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:35 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If the Obama presidency taught me anything, it's no way, no how do I want to have a moron like him in charge of ALL the guns in America. Imagine how tyrannical he would be then.

I'm not a gun owner and I used to be anti gun. Now I'm a 2nd amendment guy all the way. I've seen the light.

I grew up with guns in my house, but personally I never had much interest in shooting them. Not to mention, I think my mom was a little leary about my step brother or step dad letting me shoot. I shot a .22 pistol when I was a kid, but that was about it, until recent times. I've always supported the 2nd Amendment, and people's rights to bear arms, and have never waivered on the stance. Like I said, as far me consistently shooting (I don't even hunt) I really had no opinion either way, and could take it or leave it. As I struck out on my own, and now have a family of my own I had always wanted one for home protection, such as pistol or shotgun. As far as me shooting goes in this day and age, given that my best friend is an ex-military guy, and has a CCW and that he has shown me the proper handling of firearms, I will go to the range with him any chance I get to keep my skills fine tuned. I've recently taught my 12 year old how to shoot, and once he turns 13 he will be able to go the range with us. My wife has never shot, and wants to learn. In fact, she is jealous that my son got to learn before her. She is next, and as soon as she gets some of these health issues under wraps she will be going to the range.

I'm glad you see the light. In fact it is a great benefit to know how to properly, and safely handle a firearm and I think any red-blooded American should learn how. It would cut down on the stupidity and some of the irresponsible stuff we hear about. My God, our right to defend ourselves is guaranteed in the Constitution, and we should take advantage of that right (something many cititzens of the world do not have) instead of take it for granted, or think that someone else is going to do it for us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies