Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 04:24 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I gave you one. Short of banning weapons, its about all thats left.
If a shooting happens and you're involved in it, would you be comfortable knowing that any of the law-abiding citizens on the scene with a CCW permit only have one round to use against the lawbreaker that's massacring everyone in site? Or would you rather they have a few more rounds at their disposal?

I understand what you're saying and I agree to an extent, but the fact still remains that criminals don't follow laws and that anyone can snap at any given moment. There will always be a few individuals out there on edge, and we can't stop that. What we CAN stop is facilitating an environment that gives potential mass shooters an easier environment to operate in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 05:49 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
My issue is how Republicans seem to fetishize guns. For Republicans, the answer to every question, the solution to every problem is more and bigger guns. After Sandy Hook, it became clear that it wouldn't matter what the crime, even when the mother is a staunch member of the NRA and twenty children are murdered, the answer was more guns. It's practically a religion for them and nothing better illustrates that than this:

Nevada Lawmaker Sends Christmas Card Featuring Fully Armed Family
So do what the liberal mantra is----if you don't want a gun, don't get a gun. Free choice, remember?

Last edited by janelle144; 12-04-2015 at 06:20 PM..

Old 12-04-2015, 05:57 PM

254 posts, read 145,916 times
Quote:
My issue is how Republicans seem to fetishize guns. For Republicans, the answer to every question, the solution to every problem is more and bigger guns. After Sandy Hook, it became clear that it wouldn't matter what the crime, even when the mother is a staunch member of the NRA and twenty children are murdered, the answer was more guns. It's practically a religion for them and nothing better illustrates that than this:

Do you live in a red state? If so, move. Do you live in a blue state? If so, mind your business.

Rights, see how they work?

Old 12-04-2015, 05:59 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So do what the liberal mantra is----if you don't want guns, don't have guns. Free choice, remember?
As long as Republicans admit how much they fetishize guns and no amount of death is too high a price for them. Even the New Yorker is making fun of their obsession with guns. Laughable and sad but there's always Darwin.

New Yorker Cover Satirizes America's Obsession With Guns After Mass Shootings - NBC News

Old 12-04-2015, 06:00 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Actually..... maybe todays age is not that dissimilar........back then you needed a weapon to protect you and your family from the "savages".............its the same today only middle eastern based savages.....
Which is why militias were actually organized but today's enforcement and defense is public and professional. I'd never suggest an outright gun ban because people will always be violent but we are just kidding ourselves with how we are doing gun control and gun ownership.

When you can have a city like Chicago that has the ability to have strict gun laws but then one can travel several miles across city lines to a city with with lax laws it creates a problem. In a mobile society, it should be done federally.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:01 PM

254 posts, read 145,916 times
Quote:
As long as Republicans admit how much they fetishize guns and no amount of death is too high a price for them. Even the New Yorker is making fun of their obsession with guns. Laughable and sad but there's always Darwin.

New Yorker Cover Satirizes America's Obsession With Guns After Mass Shootings - NBC News
The funniest part is the more leftists spew this garbage the stronger gun culture gets.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:03 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
I sell Title III weapons and business has been brisk.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:03 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunswithguns View Post
The funniest part is the more leftists spew this garbage the stronger gun culture gets.
And incidentally mass shootings have been rising.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:04 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunswithguns View Post
Do you live in a red state? If so, move. Do you live in a blue state? If so, mind your business.

Rights, see how they work?
I thankfully live in a blue state where the the conservatives complain. I tell them to move all the time.
They won't leave so they deserve their misery. That said, when Republicans send out Christmas cards with everyone armed, that's just pitiful, though I'm sure it sounds so awesome to them. They can bathe in bullets, stir their coffee with a gun barrel, just all guns all the time.

Curious - would they like to legalize surface to air missiles too? C4? Machine guns? At what point does it become a little sickening? Probably never.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:05 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
And incidentally mass shootings have been rising.
Violent crime has dropped........except in gun free areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies