Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 07:55 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What is this supposed to prove? That site is just a collection of blogs from "citizen contributors". Not an authoritative source of news or analysis.

The fact is, the US, Germany and other countries have had Muslim immigrants for generations, and nothing "happened" to those societies until Bush Jr. started playing cowboy.

But, whatever.
because the Muslim population percentage was minuscule, it has only exploded in the last 15 years.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:02 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
That's the same thing those people said, before they got shot.
Real classy.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:10 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Real classy.
If a group of people caused great harm to a family or friend of yours, and you've seen this type of action before by the same said group, and seen it happen over and over again elsewhere, you wouldn't have any level of questions/doubts/concerns in your mind about said group?

I would say you're either lying or beyond naive if you don't have any such thoughts on any level if you were involved or at least try to put yourself into the position of others in these situations like what these poor people endured in CA. It's called deep reptilian brain survival/thought process....if you were running away from a lion living in a cave and saw a family member get eaten by one but you escaped, you don't go out back in the wild with open arms towards lions. If you do, Darwinism will more than likely come into play.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
Lol . You had to go back 1000 yrs to find satanic ways of imaginary prophet huh. Chill. No need to get bogged down in semantics. The fact remains that ISLAM is vile and a highly contagious disease.
Just saying, don't make a claim like that and then back pedal by claiming it's semantics. It just sounds propaganda-ish.

I definitely don't have to go back 1000 years either. Christianity being used for wicked purposes still happens to this day. Just try being publicly gay in Uganda or Jamaica, both predominantly Christian countries.

I'm not saying they're worse than Muslim countries, just that it's not as black and white as 'Christians good , Muslims BAD '.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Just saying, don't make a claim like that and then back pedal by claiming it's semantics. It just sounds propaganda-ish.

I definitely don't have to go back 1000 years either. Christianity being used for wicked purposes still happens to this day. Just try being publicly gay in Uganda or Jamaica, both predominantly Christian countries.

I'm not saying they're worse than Muslim countries, just that it's not as black and white as 'Christians good , Muslims BAD '.
but it is fair to say Islam is the most violent and oppressive than any other religion in the world - today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg84Bhtxg6M

Old 12-03-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
If a group of people caused great harm to a family or friend of yours, and you've seen this type of action before by the same said group, and seen it happen over and over again elsewhere, you wouldn't have any level of questions/doubts/concerns in your mind about said group?

I would say you're either lying or beyond naive if you don't have any such thoughts on any level if you were involved or at least try to put yourself into the position of others in these situations like what these poor people endured in CA. It's called deep reptilian brain survival/thought process....if you were running away from a lion living in a cave and saw a family member get eaten by one but you escaped, you don't go out back in the wild with open arms towards lions. If you do, Darwinism will more than likely come into play.
I don't disagree with what you're saying. His remark just specifically came off as a low blow, using yesterday's victims themselves as pawn in his 'argument'.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
but it is fair to say Islam is the most violent and oppressive than any other religion in the world - today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg84Bhtxg6M
Uganda and Jamaica still exist... o.O

Old 12-03-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Uganda and Jamaica still exist... o.O
so do cannibals in the Amazon.

Ugandans and Jamaicans do not have worldwide terrorist militias like Muslims do.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rrorist_groups

Old 12-03-2015, 08:45 PM

Honestly, I think the world would be much better off if all religion (including but not limited to Christianity and Islam) was kept strictly a private and personal matter, like ones sex life.

To me, religion is a theory of what happens to us when we die. What does anyone else have to do with someone's own afterlife?

We do all share a planet together, so why not just cope with that efficiently using tangible reality and logic. People can pray in private (including religious buildings of worship) by themselves or with others who may share their beliefs.

Being vocal about religion wouldn't be illegal, but perhaps it could just be mutually agreed to be frowned upon. Similar to discussing ones sex life.

This is just a fantasy, there's no way this will ever happen. Lol.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:46 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I have a lot of Kurdish friends who hate radical Muslims, the problem with Islam is that the radical ones are ruining the entire religion and its a shame. I am mad at Iraq and Syria citizens for killing the Kurds. Kurds need their own country.

Lets give them Syria, since Obama wants all the Syrians over here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies