Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 07:52 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,635,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What is this supposed to prove? That site is just a collection of blogs from "citizen contributors". Not an authoritative source of news or analysis.

The fact is, the US, Germany and other countries have had Muslim immigrants for generations, and nothing "happened" to those societies until Bush Jr. started playing cowboy.

But, whatever.
Perhaps you've forgotten about the original World Trade Center bombing, or the Khobar Towers bombing, or the embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, or the USS Cole bombing, or the Berlin disco bombing, or the TWA Flight 847 hijacking, or the Pan Am Lockerbie bombing, or the Achille Lauro hijacking, etc., etc., etc., ad infinitum -- all of which, and many many more, were carried out by Muslims against Westerners, all before George W. Bush ever stepped foot in the White House.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:07 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Does your family not have a plan for such an occasion? Does your child's school have metal detectors or does it lock their doors? If it doesn't do one of those precautions, I wouldn't send my child there. This is about the San Bernardino shootings and the threat from radical islam. Why all the deflection? There are plenty of other posts covering our other worries.

No her school does not have metal detectors. It's a neighborhood elementary school. They don't send the 5 year old kindergartners through a metal detector. Thank god. Sandy Hook's doors were locked. I volunteered at the front desk in my kid's school for 2 years straight, to help with security. Not enough staff to do it. I don't know what plan a family can have that's going to stop someone with a gun in a school, (or a movie theatre, or a church, or a mall, or an office building). If someone had come in hell bent I would have been the first to go.

Would you not send your child there because you're worried about Muslim extremists shooting the kids? Or because you're worried about your American mass shooter? Because one is a way more common school massacre perpertrator than the other.

Since Paris and SB there has been a glut of threads here with people calling for the removal of all Islamic people from America. Because they're all potential terrorists, apparently. Meanwhile, the clear and present danger for parents of school age children comes from their classmates and the non Muslim mass shooter out to prove some sick point.

So given the logic here, if we surveil all Muslims, attempt to deport them, attempt to restrict their movements, then we should be doing that with the bigger threat of your general American male aged 12-70. Because they're a larger demographic threat to my kid than your average Mohammed down the block, if you look at the history since Columbine in 1999.

This is a free country. People want to restrict the rights of a certain group because they're a threat. Well, the reality is - everyone's a potential threat. Everyone. So we need to make up our minds how we want to live.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:08 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,392,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The fact is, the US, Germany and other countries have had Muslim immigrants for generations, and nothing "happened" to those societies until Bush Jr. started playing cowboy.

But, whatever.
Strange, the destruction of the world trade center and what, 3,000 people were planned before Bush junior ever got into office. In fact, the active planning and training started during Clinton's terms.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:14 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
The problem is Wahhabism, not Islam.

Wahhabism is to Islam what Westboro Baptist Church is to Christianity.

Deranged cults that give legitimate religion a bad name.
Yesterday I was watching Narcos and Pena says " In bed with a Commie?? Thats Un American".. yet he continues to shelter her as she was her informant...Professional ethics ..

Old 12-04-2015, 08:26 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Many are uneducated, easily brain-washed people, who look to the mosque for direction in their lives. Unfortunately the leaders have twisted the tLiberangs of Mohammed treligions selves. Ironically I read Mohammed's wife was in charge of his businesses and had a leadership role.

I think it is sad that all Muslims are considered bad. I often wonder why so many men who are in prison adopt the Muslim religion and proclaim it is one of peace.

When the Charleston mass shooting occurred a few months ago, that was not committed by Muslims. In fact I read one very small article how the Muslims in the community were donating and supporting the church that had the shooting. The media never mentioned it. As many Muslims are being brain-washing, we are being brain-washed by the media. No one questions the media and they will report whatever they want you to believe.
Actually the koran calls for violence against infidels. ISIS is very Islamic, they perfectly model their lives after Muhammad

Also, do people not understand kindergarten level math? Muslims are 1% of the population and kill 10X than White people who are 65% of the population. Meanwhile no terrorist attacks from any other immigrant group. The BS belief most Liberals have that all religions and people are equally good or bad is a fantasy. It is not backed up by facts.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:27 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,685,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Many are uneducated, easily brain-washed people, who look to the mosque for direction in their lives. Unfortunately the leaders have twisted the teachings of Mohammed to suit themselves. Ironically I read Mohammed's wife was in charge of his businesses and had a leadership role.

I think it is sad that all Muslims are considered bad. I often wonder why so many men who are in prison adopt the Muslim religion and proclaim it is one of peace.

When the Charleston mass shooting occurred a few months ago, that was not committed by Muslims. In fact I read one very small article how the Muslims in the community were donating and supporting the church that had the shooting. The media never mentioned it. As many Muslims are being brain-washing, we are being brain-washed by the media. No one questions the media and they will report whatever they want you to believe.
Are you sure they were twisting Mohammeds word, i don't think so.
The Islamist exremists are actually living closer to the "Teachings of Mohammed" than the "Peaceful Majority". Mohammed was a warmonger, and a child molester. (Those are historic facts) and the Quran tells to kill unbelievers.

Here's a excerpt of the Quran
Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Those people who say that the Islam is a peaceful religion, often have no clue, what's actually written in the Quran. They also have no clue, that even a significant part the Peaceful Majority does have very extreme views aswell.
Muslim Beliefs About Sharia | Pew Research Center

Old 12-04-2015, 08:37 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Twitter has been crickets since the shooters were revealed to be Muslims. Imagine the outcry had a White Christian couple gunning down 30 Muslim co workers who had recently held a baby shower for them?

The media will bury this story ASAP and right now they will make it all about gun control and not about refugees at all. Some how they will blame it on America. Remember how the Chattanooga shooter quickly went from a jihadist to an indebted person forced to work third shift. I'm containing my tears as i type lol.

Again, why don't Hindus or Ethiopian Christians have problems containing their anger?
Notice how this is not being talked about. Guess it makes it easier to pretend their were no personal connections that makes this even more of a problem. Seems these people can pretend for a long time to be a friend and turn in an instant over an argument that Islam is a "peaceful religion".......it was the shooter who was angry about the co-workers trusting his "peaceful religion" guess he was out to prove them wrong!

Old 12-04-2015, 08:58 AM

833 posts, read 657,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Actually the koran calls for violence against infidels. ISIS is very Islamic, they perfectly model their lives after Muhammad

Also, do people not understand kindergarten level math? Muslims are 1% of the population and kill 10X than White people who are 65% of the population. Meanwhile no terrorist attacks from any other immigrant group. The BS belief most Liberals have that all religions and people are equally good or bad is a fantasy. It is not backed up by facts.
Thank you for an informative post. Islam followers do not see the truth because they are brain washed. The West will not wait any longer. No more violence in the name of a satan allowed.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:00 AM

833 posts, read 657,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guajara View Post
Are you sure they were twisting Mohammeds word, i don't think so.
The Islamist exremists are actually living closer to the "Teachings of Mohammed" than the "Peaceful Majority". Mohammed was a warmonger, and a child molester. (Those are historic facts) and the Quran tells to kill unbelievers.

Here's a excerpt of the Quran
Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Those people who say that the Islam is a peaceful religion, often have no clue, what's actually written in the Quran. They also have no clue, that even a significant part the Peaceful Majority does have very extreme views aswell.
Muslim Beliefs About Sharia | Pew Research Center

The best Islamic terrorist is a dead Islamic terrorist. Just ask those who got shot in California how they would like to deal with this cult's venom.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:53 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,060 times
Hot take alert.

Remember when the internet was a new thing and was being praised for bringing people together from everywhere and we essentially became a world without borders? It's backfiring in a huge way with things like radical Islam. Between the internet, social media and the like it's so easy to become brainwashed and plot evil attacks and have all of these radical beliefs because you can connect with anyone and everything you want. IMO everyone and everything in our world is so available that it quite honestly makes these things impossible to stop. If it weren't for the internet and social media and any other avenue to spread hatred or to connect together those who want to kill in this fashion, how many of these things would be happening? The internet has been the best and worst thing of this generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies