Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 10:36 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,560 times

Advertisements

You know there's been yet another murderous Islamic terrorist attack when the Left stomps its foot and starts pointing fingers at the GOP, the NRA, Donald Trump, Tea Partiers, basically any group that's not associated in any way with Islamic terrorism.

Oh, and getting mad at people who pray for the victims.

We must do something about guns, they rant and rage. Notice they never say we must do something about Islamic terrorist acts on our home soil.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:45 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,673,531 times
[quote=Guajara;42163849]Are you sure they were twisting Mohammeds word, i don't think so.
The Islamist exremists are actually living closer to the "Teachings of Mohammed" than the "Peaceful Majority". Mohammed was a warmonger, and a child molester. (Those are historic facts) and the Quran tells to kill unbelievers.

Yes, of course, they should have made the switch to "the other" peaceful group's thinking...

Then I heard God say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children.” (Ezekiel 9:5)

Old 12-04-2015, 10:46 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,599,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
You know there's been yet another murderous Islamic terrorist attack when the Left stomps its foot and starts pointing fingers at the GOP, the NRA, Donald Trump, Tea Partiers, basically any group that's not associated in any way with Islamic terrorism.

We must do something about guns, they rant and rage. Notice they never say we must do something about Islamic terrorist acts on our home soil.
They made this all about gun control... never mind that these people had pipe bombs and were planning on detonating them. Never mind that the wife's facebook was praising ISIS. Those things don't count.
I'm also waiting for the liberals to start accusing the white cops of using excessive force on these two people of middle eastern descent.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:47 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,233,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Analyst View Post
There are Muslims that live normal lives amongst us each and every day. Is Islam the problem? No more so than Christianity or Catholicism. These are poor, vulnerable people who are prayed out to carry out significant evil deeds in the name of their religion, prophets, and god. They are being misled is what's happening. Islam is not just going to go away. That's why the issue needs to be addressed within Islam.

Nonsense. I wish you had to live in an Islamic society for a period of time, as an unbeliever. Then maybe you'd appreciate the differences between the West and the other.

The Left and Western Liberals are APPEASERS for Islamic fundamentalism because they hate their own civilization. It's pathetic listening to you people make moral excuses for this culture which is STILL living in the middle ages, while you hypocritically castigate working class Western Christians for things done by European monarchs and regimes long since deposed in favor of Enlightenment and modernity. You actually defend this fascism with all its politically incorrect attitudes and behaviors, while yet falsely accusing Western Christians - many of who are liberals themselves - of being terrible people. I mean, it's getting so bad that even people like Bill Maher are noticing it. You people are terrified to speak out against Islam because you're afraid of them. It's easy to pick on Christians because they won't do anything - even though you want to PRETEND like their as bad as ISIS.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:48 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Some people might have been saying/using this same logic about Paris.
No. You see, that shows how little you know about France. Paris has been having bomb scares and issues with terrorism since at least the 1960's. It has something to do with their relationship with North African countries. . I don't know exactly what the issues are/were, but they were not about Islam but about French policies toward former colonies, or something. And the latest attack was in a different category, because it was linked to the current mess in Near East, not north Africa.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:53 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
Nonsense. I wish you had to live in an Islamic society for a period of time, as an unbeliever. Then maybe you'd appreciate the differences between the West and the other.
That would depend upon which Islamic society it was. Westerners have lived in Turkey and in Iran in the mid-to-late 1900's, and had no problem.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:06 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,157,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post

Praying is not an issue in itself..its harmless, meaningless drivel. But if it comes at the expense of actually DOING something about a problem, then it IS harmful.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:55 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Analyst View Post
There are Muslims that live normal lives amongst us each and every day. Is Islam the problem? No more so than Christianity or Catholicism. These are poor, vulnerable people who are prayed out to carry out significant evil deeds in the name of their religion, prophets, and god. They are being misled is what's happening. Islam is not just going to go away. That's why the issue needs to be addressed within Islam.
Therein lies the core of the problem. Leaders within Islam have not once come out and publicly denounced these atrocities. Does the will even exist with the Muslim hierarchy to publicly distance main stream Islam from their violent extremist sections?. Until that happens, their present posture amounts to no more than a tacit approval.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:56 PM

930 posts, read 700,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post

The Left and Western Liberals are APPEASERS for Islamic fundamentalism because they hate their own civilization. It's pathetic listening to you people make moral excuses for this culture which is STILL living in the middle ages, while you hypocritically castigate working class Western Christians for things done by European monarchs and regimes long since deposed in favor of Enlightenment and modernity. You actually defend this fascism with all its politically incorrect attitudes and behaviors, while yet falsely accusing Western Christians - many of who are liberals themselves - of being terrible people. I mean, it's getting so bad that even people like Bill Maher are noticing it. You people are terrified to speak out against Islam because you're afraid of them. It's easy to pick on Christians because they won't do anything - even though you want to PRETEND like their as bad as ISIS.
I mean, I only dated a Muslim for about a year. I'm clueless.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:58 PM

930 posts, read 700,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Therein lies the core of the problem. Leaders within Islam have not once come out and publicly denounced these atrocities. Does the will even exist with the Muslim hierarchy to publicly distance main stream Islam from their violent extremist sections?. Until that happens, their present posture amounts to no more than a tacit approval.
They have. You have just not heard about it. You need to branch out to more news sources, because I've heard a pretty good deal about this on NPR and AP.

There are head clerics coming out all the time shunning these acts and trying to convey the message that this is an inaccurate interpretation of the Quran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies