Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 06:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Agreed, But it was Hillary who convinced him. She signed off on allowing Marc Turi to arm the Syrian and Libyan rebels.

ANDREW NAPOLITANO: Hillary's secret war - Washington Times
Sorry, you can't try and deflect the blame on Clinton. Argue for it or not it was Obama's call.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:18 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,482,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Not accept anyone. Take care of Americans first and wait until the economy recovers before letting anymore workers in.
Totally agree. I was never for all the meddling in the Middle East. I've been saying for years that we should bring all our troops home and focus all that time, energy and money on securing our nation internally.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:20 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,500 times
Thats easy...

Old 12-04-2015, 06:21 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,500 times
When they start voting Republican.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:26 AM

285 posts, read 176,808 times
"Liberals" are only wrong (or hypocritical) when they scrutinize other religions for their illiberalism but grant Islam a free pass from scrutiny. I don't believe they are wrong for suggesting that Muslims are generally peaceful people.

From the 350+ mass shootings committed by gun owners this year, how many of the perpetrators were Muslim? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd assume that the majority were not Muslim.

And using your logic, are gun owners not peaceful people because a minority of crazies abuse their Second Amendment right by creating havoc? No. They're responsible, law-abiding citizens.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:34 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
I admit that after 9-11 I was in the "well we should not blame islam and all muslims" camp. Today? Not so much...

Old 12-04-2015, 06:36 AM

756 posts, read 424,764 times
Liberals like to believe that they are so much smarter and more evolved than the rest of us. You can just tell by the snarky, condescending, sarcastic manor in which they engage in debates. You see lots of evidence of this in these very forums. You also often see it in the media.

They make their decisions with an eye towards maintaining this illusion. To get and keep respect and not thinking about those that will get hurt in the process. If they take a practical, realistic approach to this (or anything) instead of an ideological one, it's like an admission of failure to them. So they will push for Syrian immigration despite the risks and they will apologize for the worst of Islamic beliefs on a constant basis.

To answer the question in the OP. I don't think they WILL admit they were wrong. It would mean an admission that they are less superior and less intelligent than they like to think they are and they are too emotionally invested in that self image. I applaud Liberals like Bill Maher who are able to hold a different opinion and are intellectually honest enough to do so.

But the notion that Americans should have to be placed in danger... to be sacrificed on the alter of the political correctness of liberal idealism is odious and repugnant to me.

That is increasingly what looks like has happened in California too. A suspicious neighbor refused to report suspicious activity for fear of being called and Islamophobe or something.
If anything good could possibly come of such a tragedy, I hope it's the death knell of political correctness and tiptoeing around people's feelings at the expense of public safety.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:36 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Obama never should have gotten involved in Syria. He armed the militias who turned out to be ISIS. Strong work there Obama.
I think you have that backwards, it was McCain and many of the conservatives who wanted to arm the Syrian rebels, Obama resisted because we had no idea who these radicals where, rather sensible decision.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think you have that backwards, it was McCain and many of the conservatives who wanted to arm the Syrian rebels, Obama resisted because we had no idea who these radicals where, rather sensible decision.
They did want it done. It was Obama that did it though. Both sides are to blame for the mess and it will only get worse because for far too many politics have blinded them.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:40 AM

369 posts, read 193,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
One third of muslims accept suicide bombings.
There's nothing inherently worse about "suicide bombings" than there is about the old-fashioned homicide bombings that we like to deliver ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies