Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 01:08 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times

Advertisements

They say 23 cops from 7 agencies fired 380 rounds at the terrorists in San Berdo. Is that overkill? Considering Bonnie and Clyde only warranted 186 rounds.

How dead should we make a terrorist? And where did the rest of the bullets end up?

It seems to me this was a little like the last scene of "The Smiths."

Last edited by jamies; 12-04-2015 at 01:40 AM..

Old 12-04-2015, 01:09 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
I don't recall Bonnie and Clyde wearing body armor.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:39 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times
^^^ I don't think these guys were either.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:54 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
They say 23 cops from 7 agencies fired 380 rounds at the terrorists in San Berdo. Is that overkill? Considering Bonnie and Clyde only warranted 186 rounds.

How dead should we make a terrorist? And where did the rest of the bullets end up?

How dead? Do you watch AMC's The Walking Dead? You know how they deal with a walker? That dead.

Old 12-04-2015, 03:28 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
The thing is these are not gentlemen matches, these aren't contests in the dojo.

This is out on the street and one doesn't meet their opponent there on an even playing field but rather to stop them as fast as they can with overwhelming force. Personally, I believe presenting overwhelming force is correct because it sends a message to stop this, there is no chance of escape, stop this or you're dead. If a person is not intent on dying, well, wouldn't a reasonable person surrender upon seeing that message?

And if they are intent on dying, well, one does not want to enable them to sell their lives as costly (ie, by hitting those on your side) as possible.

Finally, there may a way or two to accomplish the above with fewer rounds......such as using larger calibers or more intense weaponry, perhaps beyond imagination. To the former, I recall an USN computer tactical, NAVTAG, exercise I did in the mid 80's. At the beginning of the war, a Soviet MOD Kashin destroyer was one mile off the port bow of the battleship New Jersey. One minute later, after a broadside of the 16 inch guns, just 9 rounds, no more Kashin.

IE, would it have been a less of a round count if the police had been using 40mm grenades?

Old 12-04-2015, 03:29 AM

465 posts, read 418,117 times
Default i agree

Quote:

Man, I agree that is overkill. Lets prosecute the Police.

What is this world turning into. This new world thinking scares me more than the terrorists. "F!!!" the terrorist. But no, you say overkill...what!?! I say good!

Old 12-04-2015, 04:09 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times
Quote:

Ask the 14 dead and 21 others how they feel? Really? Shooting AR15's at cops I guess you got to expect to get shot! A lot!!! I hope the terrorists burn in hell for what they did!!!!!!!!

Old 12-04-2015, 04:15 AM

53 posts, read 48,340 times
Quote:
How dead should we make a terrorist?
Let's see, they murdered how many unarmed innocents?

We can't send these scumbags to hell fast enough.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:22 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Every policeman did an outstanding job... Not one innocent person was injured. Two policemen were...and as others have stated all the innocent lives lost and shattered.

This thread demonstrates the ignorance and complete lack of understanding of the use of force..tactics.. Real life

Some people can hide behind a computer and type furiously about all the police injustices in the world while real human beings keep them safe.

We are at war... Get a clue...anyone who kills another and uses force while being apprehended deserves overwhelming force used upon them. There are no Queensbury rules.if the numbers provided are correct the units did an outstanding job of reloading. During the shooting review the range officers will be part of the investigation... The academy staff.. Beyond all the legal stuff. Critical analysis will be done as to training...could they have reloaded faster.. Applied more firepower... Needed better weaponry.. Exercised different tactics... You will know none of this... It will happen.

There will be more events like this....radical jihad has been at this for years... Some are so blind thry cannot see it.

I only wish patrol officers had better equipment.... Not having it confiscated by Obama and stored in some federal impound for his will. Question his tactics....

Last edited by notmeofficer; 12-04-2015 at 05:15 AM..

Old 12-04-2015, 05:39 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
Quote:

Deader than dead!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies