Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 06:05 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
just a reminder the trained policeman killed at PP last week had a gun, not only was he killed but two other people. in san bernadino there was a swat team and more cops with weapons that didn't stop the killers from engaging in a full on gun battle in the streets. there was also an interview with one of the people in the conference room that is a gun owner, he said even if he had his gun he would of be unable to get a shot off.

having a gun on hand is not always gonna stop the bad guys.
"having a gun on hand is not always gonna stop the bad guys."

I don't think ANYONE has said that a gun will ALWAYS stop the bad guy.

Your bias has you misreading what people ACTUALLY say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 08:53 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
just a reminder the trained policeman killed at PP last week had a gun, not only was he killed but two other people. in san bernadino there was a swat team and more cops with weapons that didn't stop the killers from engaging in a full on gun battle in the streets. there was also an interview with one of the people in the conference room that is a gun owner, he said even if he had his gun he would of be unable to get a shot off.

No it may not stop them, but at least it can even the odds a bit. You know the term shooting fish in a barrel? That's what these shootings are. I don't need to do anything but keep him engaged and allow people to get away till the pros show up with bigger guns. Because if I'm shooting at him and he's shooting at me it means he's not shooting at others. If I happen to put a few in him well that's just a bonus. If he puts a few in me he was gonna do that anyway while I was defenseless at my cubicle or chair or wherever I happen to be. The least I can do is return the favor.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:04 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:

Not having a gun is never going to stop the bad guys. The only people who ever say anything about guns always stopping bad guys are ignorant anti gun nuts who have no idea what they're talking about and just want to bad them.

Seatbelts don't always save lives and fire extinguishers don't always put out fires but it's better have them and have a chance of doing some good.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:15 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:

Yes this is true not all circumstances will allow you to fight back but....

We are not dealing with robbers with "your money or your life", or bank robbers who aren't usually looking to kill. We are dealing with terrorists who's sole goal is to kill you. You may not win, but better to fight back give you are dead if you don't try anyway.

The people on the plane on 9.11 stopped the terrorists from flying to a target, they died but they were going to anyway. The servicemen in France stopped a AK wielding terrorist on the train by rushing him (anyone forgot about that ? another rifle in France that could have been another slaughter).

The government can't protect you , Obama and Clinton look to disarm you, while ignoring the immigration threat. While they are surrounded by the best security that can be bought paid for by you and I.

These murder shooters rely on people being helpless, scared and disarmed. That's why 1 shooter can herd 10 or 20 victims like sheep.

So I call on politicians to expose that truth, time to tell people the truth, to arm yourself and fight back.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:35 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
When semi automatic hunting rifles not slated for a ban function the exact same and use the same cartridges? The only thing that makes a AR, AK, H&K , FAL ect. more "lethal" is extended magazines compared. We can argue the ban for 20 or 30 round magazines but then again reloading 10 round magazines still brings decent firepower to bear on helpless unarmed victims.

So why do certain progressives want to ban the rifle itself?

The only thing a military style rifle has that most hunting rifles don't (besides a bayonet lug) are thicker barrels that keep shot groups less widespread as the barrel heats up but that is only good towards target or long distance shooting something these murder shooters have no use for considering they target their victims close up.

Which brings up another fact, these victims never fight back. 1 or 2 shooters, 10 or 20 hostages, when it becomes apparent they are going to kill you and you can't escape rushing the shooters might save yourself and others.
It's easier to ban. A lot of people believe there is no need for an assault rifle and would like to see it bad, so the Democrats are willing to carry it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
The only myth is that 'gun free zones' do anything except make sure the victims will be unarmed.

12 Times Mass Shootings Were Stopped by Good Guys With Guns

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ass-shootings/

Dozens of cases the anti gun nuts claim don't exist and never happen.
For the love of God! How is the point so lost on you?

Of course gun free zones don't prevent people with guns from entering. That doesn't mean more people with guns will save the day! His post was saying that most people who open or conceal carry don't have formal training and would likely still freeze up or panic in a crisis. It's called human psychology. That's how must of us react.

Don't go and find me a link where that's not the case either. There are exceptions, but that doesn't make it less true.

It must be so easy to live in such a black and white world.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:39 AM

269 posts, read 178,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
When semi automatic hunting rifles not slated for a ban function the exact same and use the same cartridges? The only thing that makes a AR, AK, H&K , FAL ect. more "lethal" is extended magazines compared. We can argue the ban for 20 or 30 round magazines but then again reloading 10 round magazines still brings decent firepower to bear on helpless unarmed victims.

So why do certain progressives want to ban the rifle itself?

The only thing a military style rifle has that most hunting rifles don't (besides a bayonet lug) are thicker barrels that keep shot groups less widespread as the barrel heats up but that is only good towards target or long distance shooting something these murder shooters have no use for considering they target their victims close up.

Which brings up another fact, these victims never fight back. 1 or 2 shooters, 10 or 20 hostages, when it becomes apparent they are going to kill you and you can't escape rushing the shooters might save yourself and others.
The people that want to ban these weapons don't know **** about firearms or combat/thread

Banning AR's and AK variants will blow up the price of lesser known weapons that are just as effective, but that's about it

These are "feel good" laws for the bleeding hearts

Old 12-05-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
It's easier to ban. A lot of people believe there is no need for an assault rifle and would like to see it bad, so the Democrats are willing to carry it out.

Of course gun free zones don't prevent people with guns from entering. That doesn't mean more people with guns will save the day! His post was saying that most people who open or conceal carry don't have formal training and would likely still freeze up or panic in a crisis. It's called human psychology. That's how must of us react.

Don't go and find me a link where that's not the case either. There are exceptions, but that doesn't make it less true.

" A lot of people believe there is no need for an assault rifle"

Have you ever tried to get an "assault" rifle?

Do you KNOW how HARD it is get an "assault" rifle?

MOST anti-gunners have NO IDEA what an "assault rifle" is.

Old 12-05-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post

"His post was saying that most people who open or conceal carry don't have formal training"

I WOULD say he , and most anti-gunners, haven't a clue about what it takes to get a CCP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies