Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 06:02 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,813,430 times

Advertisements

It doesn't really help the poor, and coerces the middle class and working poor to buy health insurance, which is mostly useless due to high deductibles and limited coverage. We need some government backed free hospitals to help those who need emergency care but don't have the money. Back in the day, in Chicago, everyone knew that if you had no money but had a medical emergency, you could go to Cook County hospita.

I needed an emergency hernia repair there and was in a bed next to 2 gangbangers who had been shot... they ended up being decent guys to talk to. I was a dishwasher at the time, with of course no health insurance, and could not have afforded it anyway.

Obamacare is really helpful to the healthcare company CEOs though... they need an few extra million just to make ends meet...

'The massive expansion of insurance coverage under the health law and rapid growth in specialty drug spending fueled the uptick in medical costs, officials said. Annual spending growth was 3.7%, on average, during the last five years. The country spent $9,523 per person on healthcare in 2014, including Medicare, Medicaid and private health insurance. That’s far higher than what other developed countries pay, and healthcare spending now accounts for 17.5% of the U.S. economy.'

U.S. Health Spending Hits $3 Trillion as Obamacare and Rising Drug Costs Kick In
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 12:15 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,999,223 times
No kidding....I though everyone already knew this.....

Old 12-04-2015, 12:18 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Yes yes. That's great and all, except that if Obama has implemented ideas that address issues that Republicans are "complaining" about, they would have demanded what Obamacare currently is -- a free market solution that forces everyone to participate.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:20 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
It doesn't really help the poor, and coerces the middle class and working poor to buy health insurance, which is mostly useless due to high deductibles and limited coverage. We need some government backed free hospitals to help those who need emergency care but don't have the money.
Sure sounds like the plan is - once again - to let government handle the cases that private enterprise can't turn a profit on. Socialize the cost, privatize the profits and presto - you get worst of both worlds.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:25 PM

30,375 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Obamacare is a tax bill. They hoped to get taxes from companies, like mine and my son's company, that offered "Cadillac plans" to their employees as well as tax people who don't get insurance. So my company and my son's company already cancelled our 'Cadillac plans' too good for Obamacare and has so far cost me an extra $10K because my company is not going to pay that tax. The poor already had Medicaid or just went to hospitals. The actual number of people helped is a drop in the bucket compared to how many people were injured by Obamacare sux.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:20 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,758 times
Breaking news: the Earth rotates.

Old 12-05-2015, 07:40 AM

2,025 posts, read 4,177,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Yes yes. That's great and all, except that if Obama has implemented ideas that address issues that Republicans are "complaining" about, they would have demanded what Obamacare currently is -- a free market solution that forces everyone to participate.
No "free" market "solution" forces anyone to do anything. A free market solution allows consumers the opportunity to participate freely in an open marketplace where providers can offer plans freely regarding the desired coverages. Bammycare is actually a tax on your very existence.

If you are forced by law to participate you are not free.

Old 12-05-2015, 07:53 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Sure sounds like the plan is - once again - to let government handle the cases that private enterprise can't turn a profit on. Socialize the cost, privatize the profits and presto - you get worst of both worlds.
Absolutely spot on Dane.

Obamacare is just the way the health insurance racket wants it. The current system has a few advantages to what preceded it, but the cartel is still not forced to abandon their predatory system of coverage. Just the way Republicans want it.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:53 AM

52,693 posts, read 47,969,279 times
It's forced government on your life and on my life.

It needs desperately to be repealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies