Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 11:17 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Huh? Did you even look at my link? Which countries do you want to declare defacto war on? Would your list include India which is 14.6% Muslim?
No, more like this

Restrict Immigration from Muslim Nations

I’m very concerned about immigration to this country from countries that have hotbeds of jihadism and hotbeds of this Islamism. There was a program in place that Bush had put in place—it stood for entry-exit program from about 25 different countries with a lot of Islamic radicals, frankly. I think there does need to be heightened scrutiny. Nobody has a right to come to America, so this isn’t something that we can say ‘oh their rights are being violated.’ It’s a privilege to come to America and we need to thoroughly screen those who are coming.

I’m for increasing scrutiny on people who come on student visas from the 25 countries that have significant jihadism. Also, any kind of permanent visas or green cards, we need to be very careful. I don’t think we’re being careful enough with who we let in.

Rand Paul: Restrict Immigration from Muslim Nations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 11:17 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
No Obama is.
Why do the Leftist apologists of Islam make such illogical and stupid statements to rush to Islam's support.
Now Obama is the leader of ISIS. Uh, k... I'm not sure who is making illogical and stupid statements now. Hmmm, who could it be??? Regardless, you make me laugh. Thanks.

BTW, I have told you several times that I do not support terrorism. What don't you understand? Others have asked you to provide concrete examples and you fail to do so. Instead, it is the same line over and over and over and... You get the idea. Kindest regards.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:19 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Now Obama is the leader of ISIS. Uh, k... I'm not sure who is making illogical and stupid statements now. Hmmm, who could it be??? Regardless, you make me laugh. Thanks.

BTW, I have told you several times that I do not support terrorism. What don't you understand? Others have asked you to provide concrete examples and you fail to do so. Instead, it is the same line over and over and over and... You get the idea. Kindest regards.
You are an apologist for Islam.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:19 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Muslims live for the day of world dominance . They will not be satisfied till sharia law is in every country.
Absolute nonsense. You talk as though Muslims all were members of some big monolithic group with secret handshakes and membership cards. The Islamic faith doesn't have a Pope or Bishops or Cardinals, there is no formal organization; if you doubt me ask Woodrow a C-D moderator who is a Muslim and knows a good deal about the faith.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:25 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
ask Woodrow a C-D moderator who is a Muslim and knows a good deal about the faith.
In my opinion, there are significant differences between Islamophobia and Criticism of Islam.

Woodrow is a great guy, even he said there are different types of Muslims. (don't remember his exact words) We exchanged conversations several times here on city data and he is a very honorable guy, I don't think most have problems with him, and they shouldn't. He also served honorably in the military, and so do many Muslim Americans. I don't think most have problems with this type of Muslims at all.

But most people are not islamophobic. Islam is not above all religion, and it should be receiving criticism just like every other religion.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:25 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,274 times
Quote:
Absolute nonsense. You talk as though Muslims all were members of some big monolithic group with secret handshakes and membership cards. The Islamic faith doesn't have a Pope or Bishops or Cardinals, there is no formal organization; if you doubt me ask Woodrow a C-D moderator who is a Muslim and knows a good deal about the faith.
Not every religion has a pope figure, yet the vast majority of adherents hold certain beliefs. Your argument doesn't hold true.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:27 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
The shooters were PAKISTANI. Farook was born in the US and his wife came to America on a visa.

Get your facts together.
Oh, so that means there should be no problem with the Syrian so-called refugees. OK

Old 12-05-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
They are too busy being afraid.
With good reason, wouldn't you say?

"ISIS, coming soon to a neighborhood near you!"

Old 12-05-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
Yeah, I am well aware that they weren't Syrian, genius! I was making a point that these were 2 radicals who did this much damage and could have done more. If we EXTRAPOLATE and imagine that 0.2 of the 10,000 Syrians we are planning to welcome with open arms will radicalize or already are and we miss them in the vetting process, this will happen again.
What ever happened to the third one?

Old 12-05-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Shall we kick native born Americans out of the country, too? After all, he was born in the US as were all of the other mass shooters this year.
Were his parents citizens? Just asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies