Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?
Merry Christmas 57 52.29%
Happy Holidays 27 24.77%
I like pie 25 22.94%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 08:31 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times

Advertisements

Just celebrate the original pagan holiday that was on Dec. 25th instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 08:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Leftists hate diversity.
It seems to be getting worse each year.

The school where I work..no halloween decorations at all and none for Christmas.
Not in the halls and not in the classrooms. Zero tolerance for any holidays.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:41 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,287 times
The people that think the "Christmas lights may affect your Wireless connection" story is a war on Christmas need to study EMF.

What happen to "property owner rights" when the property manager says you can't have Christmas decorations?

More of the limited government as long as I agree with the position otherwise it should be banned by Constitutional Amendment stance most RWNJs have.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:45 AM

52,684 posts, read 47,932,189 times
The media is getting worse and worse all the time.

We celebrate Christmas in America. If people coming in from other countries have a bad time with that and cannot assimilate with our culture, then they need to get the hell out of our country and go back where they came from.

Those same people also have a right not to celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah or what have you.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:45 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
The Jihadists and Leftists share a disdain for this particular holiday. Another common cause.
Actually, the people like you, who want to impose your religious holiday onto those who don't observe that religion are the American Taliban.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:47 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post

We celebrate Christmas in America. If people coming in from other countries have a bad time with that and cannot assimilate with our culture, then they need to get the hell out of our country and go back where they came from.
You don't celebrate my religious holiday, why should I observe yours?

But the fact that the OP wants to ignore the fact that Christmas lights might interfere with WIFI is just denial of inconvenient facts.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:52 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post

Those same people also have a right not to celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah or what have you.
Yes we celebrate Christmas because it is the 'season of giving' and ' showing love to your fellow humans,' as well as 'peace.'

You, on the other hand, celebrate something else.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:53 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post

Then I get to work and I find out that the building manager is telling people to take down Christmas decorations that are in plain sight.
--- I will be decorating my cubicle on Monday.
And when you refuse to take them down, enjoy all the extra time you will have on your hands to celebrate the holiday season.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:57 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
The real war on Christmas was won long ago. I'm agnostic, but even I see that the religious aspect of Christmas has been destroyed and replaced by America's real religion; money.

It's a consumer based holiday. We're bombarded with holiday ads and deals, and why we need to buy this NOW! And it's hurting people. People go into debt because they buy too much, and no one cares. neither the Democrats nor the Republicans seem to care. The Christians, and all their charity, are to busy getting mad about the trivial BS, like lights? And the anti-Christmas pro-Holiday crowd is consistently missing the real point.

Christmas is a consumer holiday. Religion hasn't had anything to do with it for a long time.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post
Actually, many people do want to participate culturally, and the approach is one of suppression against those who do want to celebrate.

Others celebrating should not be such a threat that you have to suppress any expression on their part and oppress those who would like to celebrate.

Perhaps rather than searching for grievance all centered on yourself, you could be more tolerant and charitable and enjoy the diversity of holiday expressions around you rather than seeking to destroy anything that YOU disagree with.
That's the way it used to be. Nativity scenes, Hanukkah candles, red/green Christmas decorations alongside blue/silver Hanukkah decorations. And of course the slew of Christmas trees, Santa, Rudolf all COEXISTING to be enjoyed by all.

Somewhere along the line suppression worked it's way in and this is what we see today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies