Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 02:05 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,238,413 times

Advertisements

If you vote you are a criminal yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 02:06 PM

88,615 posts, read 44,334,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Inconvenient truth: most Republicans have little to offer the poor except regressive taxes, and as a poor person I am highly averse to regressive taxes.
inconvenient truth: The countries that have what the poor (like you) want tax REGRESSIVELY.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/cho..._Labels_.0.jpg

How Sweden and other Scandinavian and European countries fight inequality - regressive rather than progressive taxes

Pay close attention to the charts.

And Scandinavian countries also apply their top marginal income tax rate to the middle class, while the U.S. top marginal tax rate only applies to the top 1%:

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/docs/Progressivity%20of%20Scandanavian%20and%20US%20Inc ome%20Taxes.png

Old 12-05-2015, 02:11 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,326,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
In that case the claim "70% of felons are registered as Democrats" is BS. Also, the 'study' was done in three States none of which were Republican States.

North Carolina is more or less a Republican state with full Republican control at the state level. It has a flat income tax which kicks in at $7,500 and thus soaks the poor and working class. Why would felons vote to be soaked with taxes?

Old 12-05-2015, 02:14 PM

30,560 posts, read 21,723,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Anyone surprised? The poor and criminals overwhelmingly vote D. ............And they're still poor and criminals.
As do all members of CAIR and Illegal Alien supporters and Radical Leftist as do Radical Muslims.

Old 12-05-2015, 02:15 PM

76,949 posts, read 47,265,132 times
Quote:
North Carolina is more or less a Republican state with full Republican control at the state level. It has a flat income tax which kicks in at $7,500 and thus soaks the poor and working class. Why would felons vote to be soaked with taxes?
If you look at the NC prison population, you will see they are mostly black, and blacks vote Dem. How would the percentage look like in Montana? It looks like in Florida, it is pretty much a split.

Old 12-05-2015, 02:23 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,071,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
As do all members of CAIR and Illegal Alien supporters and Radical Leftist as do Radical Muslims.
Quickly, let me make this about as many other groups as possible!

Do you know how irrelevant any of this information is? Completely.

Do you know why radical Muslims might support Democrats. It's because Democrats are more willing to support non-radical Muslims. But let me be perfectly clear, Radical Muslims are not Democrats. I know you're smart enough to see that. Radical Muslims would disagree with Democrats on quite a lot. For example, the Republican view on homosexuality isn't extreme enough for them.

Don't point to irrelevant detail and expect them to mean something.

Old 12-05-2015, 02:25 PM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,252,774 times
Quote:
Inconvenient truth: most Republicans have little to offer the poor except regressive taxes, and as a poor person I am highly averse to regressive taxes. at least Republicans in Oregon aren't trying to soak me, and i vote for them.

Have you ever noticed surveys which claim that voters who pick a Libertarian candidate (actual or generic) typically break about 2-1 for the Republican if they have to choose between a D and R? Ever wonder why any libertarian-leaning voter would pick a democrat? maybe i'm projecting but i think it might have to do with taxes.
I think republicans do have something to offer you
  • More affordable housing by removing minimum restrictions on housing. Why does some clown sitting in an overstuffed chair dictate that a one bedroom must be a minimum of 700sqft. Let the market decide what people will buy
  • A better selection of starter jobs because companies can better afford to open up to them. To bring a new employee on today costs an enormous amount of money.
  • Lower corporate taxes and other restrictions allowing manufacturing and other low skill jobs to remain here and still remain profitable
  • Fair taxes where everybody has skin in the game driving sensible spending decisions, stop spending money on things we do not need. Reduce the government back to persevering our rights, freedoms, and safety.

That is just a start

Old 12-05-2015, 02:27 PM

88,615 posts, read 44,334,570 times
Quote:
Why would felons vote to be soaked with taxes?
Because they live in Scandinavia/Europe?

Other countries don’t have a “47%” - The Washington Post

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/cho..._Labels_.0.jpg

How Sweden and other Scandinavian and European countries fight inequality - regressive rather than progressive taxes

Pay close attention to the charts.

Old 12-05-2015, 02:29 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,505,020 times
Felony and democrat go together like ice cream and apple pie.

Old 12-05-2015, 02:33 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,055,985 times
So let's say some guy is young, wild, and crazy and gets into selling drugs. He gets caught, serves his time, and gets his head screwed on straight. Once he's done, who is looking out for him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies