Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 10:34 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times

Advertisements

Hate Speech=News Speak

Old 12-06-2015, 10:59 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,074,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Someone posted on a closed thread that we should not post things on c-d that might be used as fuel by the Islamic radicals to recruit new followers.
This is what I think.

I will not give up my freedom of speech to radical Islam Agreed.
I will not give up my freedom of religion to radical Islam Agreed.
I will not change how I live my life because of radical Islam Agreed.
I will, however, be more attentive in my daily life because of radical Islam Agreed, although honestly it's probably not going to be much different.
I will get my concealed carry permit(fairly easy in Delaware) because of radical Islam(and other potential threats). That's definitely your choice. Just remember that with a concealed carry permit comes responsibility. Having a concealed weapon isn't just about some sort of fantasy scenario and 'Murica. Not everyone is going to be armed, so it would be great to get some training so that can make rational, logical decisions in the rare case that you find yourself in a situation where there is a real threat.
I will never stop challenging those liberals who view conservatives as more of a threat than radical Islam Agreed, although this does not mean that liberals can't express their viewpoints in general just as much as conservatives can.
I will increase my efforts to show support for the military and law enforcement, who protect us from radical Islam Agreed (I think.) We should already support them as long as they are operating under the law.
I will not support any politician who will not, when warranted, use the words "Radical Islamic Terrorists". This is a silly dig at Obama. Whatever.
I will try not to pre judge other Muslims when I encounter them Definitely agreed, although be careful - you might get labeled as a liberal by some here for that statement.
I will thank God every day that I am a free American AGREED!
My answers in red.

I'm considered a crazy leftist by many on here. There's a lot more common ground that you think.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:01 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
Freedom ends, where Islam begins.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:08 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,069,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
From the world of believe it or not

Investigating the arrest of clockboy I mean, what next, investigating whether LE violated the civil rights of the San Bernardino terrorists ?
Probably. There is already talk that LE used excessive force to kill them.

Someone started a thread about it in Current Events. I believe it was moved to this forum.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Probably. There is already talk that LE used excessive force to kill them.

Someone started a thread about it in Current Events. I believe it was moved to this forum.
Did they want the police to capture and taze them instead ?

Old 12-06-2015, 11:19 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Did they want the police to capture and taze them instead ?
Yup one "Hyper" Liberal CD poster believes it was possible.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:21 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
The apologists for Islam want everyone to live their lives on terms dictated by the Jihadists.
That's called living under Sharia law.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:33 AM

215 posts, read 185,480 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...spect-any.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies