Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 07:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
See above reply

You do not stand a snowballs chance in Hades of terrorizing me, I am not that kind of American, unfortunately there are obviously plenty of Americans that are easily frightened these days.

Terrorism is no catch all it is a term to describe the actions of people that wish to terrorize others, good grief.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Why exactly would you want to do that?

Just so I can say I was a terrorist.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You do not stand a snowballs chance in Hades of terrorizing me, I am not that kind of American, unfortunately there are obviously plenty of Americans that are easily frightened these days.

Terrorism is no catch all it is a term to describe the actions of people that wish to terrorize others, good grief.

All I have to do is threaten your life and I am a terrorist. It is that easy.

Watching your 6, is uncomfortable.

It is a catch all, to avoid the truth to answer the why question truthfully.

Just like now. with this Jihad crap.
It is not Terrorism, it is a Holy War. The same Holy War that has been waged for Millennia, upon Millennia.
An offensive attack in war.

Government doesn't want to let the people have their power back to eliminate the threat on our soil. No, let's disarm the public farther, with limiting choices more and more.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:43 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Just so I can say I was a terrorist.
Bingo, we have an aspiring terrorist among us.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Bingo, we have an aspiring terrorist among us.

I'm flattered, that you aspire to fear me!
It is not a time to disarm! Who are our enemies here?
Comeback, when you have something intelligent to say.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:34 AM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
yes and at PP that day there was a fully armed and trained policeman that was killed and his gun was unable to save anyone that was killed. being armed doesn't mean you will save the day for the most part it only serves to make the carrier think they're safer.
Your making the assumption that all police some how are great firearms experts. Hate to tell you they all are not. In the case where the Texas Sheriff took out two Islamist Terrorist he was obviously was, in the case you brought up not so much.

Leave Guns To The Police: They're Professionals! - The Truth About Guns

Old 12-09-2015, 09:39 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,709,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Your making the assumption that all police some how are great firearms experts. Hate to tell you they all are not. In the case where the Texas Sheriff took out two Islamist Terrorist he was obviously was, in the case you brought up not so much.

Leave Guns To The Police: They're Professionals! - The Truth About Guns
Police have training to deal with threats, but have little firearms training. In fact, most officers are only required to qualify once per year with their firearm.

Some folks shoot go to the range more often than cops.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
yes and at PP that day there was a fully armed and trained policeman that was killed and his gun was unable to save anyone that was killed. being armed doesn't mean you will save the day for the most part it only serves to make the carrier think they're safer.

I bet he caught the first round. Placing a target on your back, so others could take down evil.
This guy still breaths air. Had one or 2 others been armed, he may have also had a funeral and eliminated from society all together.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Police have training to deal with threats, but have little firearms training. In fact, most officers are only required to qualify once per year with their firearm.

Some folks shoot go to the range more often than cops.

I shoot something every weekend. Be it rifle, shotgun, pistol, or arrow.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:28 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Hunh?

I'm sure those at the end of a 223 might not have the time to discuss the nuance between jihad and ww3

For them its moot... Now isn't it...

One of he huge issues America must overcome is the above thinking....safe in their homes because terrorism is still distant for them and something seen in perfect antiseptic fashion on the news... Between watching football..the shopping channel...and ads for vacation
So does that mean we are at war with white middle aged single men as well because a number of them like to do mass shootings? So no, we are not at war nor are we in WW3. Though I am sure plenty of couch commandos fantasize about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies