Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2015, 01:13 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Wait, did he just say Fort Hood was terrorism? But after that attack he came out and said it wasn't terrorism, didn't he? Maybe I am remembering wrong? Anyone know?
It was a muslim that killed our servicemaen at Fort Hood. According to Obamas logic, then it CAN'T be an act of terrorism, because his muslim buddies are not terrorists!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 01:18 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Actually..he said an "horrific outburst violence"

If Obama's administration callls it workplace violence it is not without Obama's sanction. Unless you agree Obama has no control over his administration to demonstrate his lack of leadership.

"Deranged or alienated individuals" if you like....'pull to extremism"

"acts of violence will be inexplicable"

"individual or a larger set of actors"

Move cursor to 1.56 to hear his words on FT Hood

video obama calls ft hood workplace violence - Bing video
Never heard Obama refer to it as "workplace" violence in the video you posted.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:18 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
November 15
Ex-House Intelligence chairman: Refugees can’t be fully vetted

December 7
ISIS has targeted refugee program to enter US, Homeland Security chairman says

Old 12-07-2015, 01:20 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
As stated, Obama nurtured ISIS instead of pulling it out by the roots when he had a chance. Obama is therefor neglegent and that GWB planted the seeds is irrelevant. Obama owns ISIS.

When was the first time 'ISIL/isis' ever came frm Obama's lips? 2014? Was obama so obtuse that he missed the proliferation of this murderous group? why heck, Glenn Beck warned of a Caliphate starting way back when, but Obama admin ignored the warning. Just like they blew off the warning about the boston bomber fromRussia

August 2014
"The Sunni extremist group the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has waged a violent campaign in recent months, capturing large areas of territory in both countries. In June, the group declared itself a new Islamist caliphate, or formal Islamic state, and proclaimed leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as the caliph. Experts worry about what the rise of the Jihadist group will mean for the future of Iraq, for the stability of the region, and for United States security"

Any exec candidate who started to blame a predecessor for his problems would be eliminated from the final round of candidates. Demonstrates a lack of leadership and undesirable qualities.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:27 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
GWB planted the seed for ISIS.

George W. Bush Did Help Create ISIS
as usual the fascist liberals will lie, just to fit their agenda

ISIS was formed in 1999...during the Clinton era....the bush1/Clinton sanctions against Iraq killed half a million iraqi children, causing many refugees into Syria, and the birth of isis

and while the majority of isis is Sunni...they also have Shiite supporters(ie the rebels in Yemen)

facts:

1. The group was originally founded by a protégé of Osama Bin Laden, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, in 1999 as Jamaat al-Tawhid wa-l-Jihad (JTWJ).

2. "Levant" -- a region stretching from southern Turkey through Syria to Egypt including Lebanon, Israel, the Palestinian territories and Jordan, including Iraq

3. ISIS is the Islamic State In Syria.... ISIL- Islamic State in the Levant

4. yes they did enter Iraq in 2004...but they were created in 1999

5. ISIS is an extremist Sunni Islamist movement , Sunni's are not just an Iraqi group...there are Sunni's in Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, and even in Afghanistan, and Uzbekistan, and as far up as Chechnya

the syrian rebels are isis

Old 12-07-2015, 01:28 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
all in all it was a well written speech...but I'd bet NOT ONE of the words was actually Obama's

kudos to a good speech writer... boos to Obama and his liberal agenda

Old 12-07-2015, 01:41 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
The speech wasn't bad but he continues to insist on bringing ISIS soldiers in posing as refugees. Actions speak louder than words.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:37 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
You guys thought it was a good speech regardless of who wrote it? I sure didn't.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:49 PM

488 posts, read 1,176,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Given the number of rounds fired by police in a typical shoot out I would say that maybe they aren't as well trained as they could and should be.
Target shooting for a hobby and being SWAT or military trained? I'll take the pro's and I fancy myself a damned good shot. Shooting when you are not threatened I would imagine is quite different than shooting while returning fire.
I see enough people choke while shooting at a deer or an elk the first time.
OK, let's say you were at that Christmas party in San Bernardino and you were armed. Two shooters come in and start shooting people. I bet you would return fire. That is my basic point.

I was with one of the larger Sheriff departments in California for 26 years. When I was with them we would qualify four times a year. Course of fire consisted of 30 rounds, 5 yards to 25 yards. I was surprised how many deputies didn't pass on the first shoot and would have to re-qualify. Don't get me wrong, there were some guys and some gals who were super good. But some others, not so good. Oh, then in the later years those qualification shoots went from 30 rounds down to 18 rounds. We were also allotted 50 rounds a month to practice, on our own. I think fewer than 10 percent actually took advantage of that practice ammo.

I have friends who are not/were not cops or military who are super good shooters and, I would trust their abilities and judgement way better than some of my former co-workers.

That is why I contend that there are many well trained citizens other than law enforcement or military

Old 12-07-2015, 03:57 PM

52,689 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Default Worth Missing

Just another lame speech by a very lame "president". This accomplished nothing and certainly will not console sane-thinking, reasoning Americans who are very concerned about this nation's safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies